The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

iPot was right, when he said don't try to be funny on this page, because everyone will take it seriously. :p (and don't call me Sherly;))

iPot was right, when he said don't try to be funny on this page, because everyone will take it seriously. :p (and don't call me Sherly;))
Some will take it seriously, some will misunderstand and make retards out of themselves by answering with something completely unrelated (I wonder, who might this be? :D). The occasional hilarity of this forum is part of the reason I come here. (Meaning: stay as funny as possible guys)

One day, I would change my tremelo to a gold one, but Idk if a Schaller would be a back step from an OFR or not.What do you think? On one of my country's biggest music store's homepage they stated, Schaller FRs have made by the same german company, who make the OFRs (probably for the european market). The OFR costs ~323€ and the Schaller one costs ~162€.

i quess. the OFR will sound brighter in tone because the baseplate is hardened instead of Cast as it is on the Schaller. i dont really think you will notice any differents in feel/play could be the response between OFR and Schaller slightly different while dive bombs and pull-ups

they are indeed have been made by the same company (schaller makes the OFR) however i have to believe that japan is now making the schallers and the OFR in germany or well there is also the korean 1000 series Original style Floydrose wich you see on the RR24's and 2nd Gen Edwards Alexi guitars. or even LTD's ?

Edit: the Schaller might be better than the korean Floydrose

I have an original FR made in Germany and after 10 years it looks like this:

I had to change the trem arm, because the black varnish was nearly all peeled of.
Had to swap two of those little square magnesium blocks in which the screws go to hold the strings in the FR, because some small pices were chipped.
The big screws at each side and nearly all of those little screws which are used for intonation calibration are rusty.
There's a little notch/burr (don't know the word) in each of those blocks where the string bent over, so the chance that my strings rip apart at that point is really high when I wrench my trem arm up.

But good point is, that it doesn't matter what I do - my strings stay always in tune.

I have an original FR (chrome) made in Germany (4,5 years old).

The screws that hold the intonation got rusty so I had them changed. This was my own fault however, as I took the guitar with me on a little travelling trip where I in the end was not able to play at all, and the guitar ended up being in my car inside the case in 30 degrees C for a whole week :D Every single non-coated screw was rusty after that. Otherwise I don't have any problems. Mine might be in a better condition than Arcane's not only because of the age, but because of me not using it much. It keeps the tuning for weeks at a time though so i wouldn't change it even if I could do it for free.

About Schaller vs OFR. I looked into that quite a bit 4,5 years ago before buying my current guitar and what I ended up with was that they are the same thing with a different logo. Made in the same factory by the same company and the same people. There is a slight chance that my sources were wrong, that I remember wrong, and that things have changed since, so don't take this as absolute fact.

I have an original FR made in Germany and after 10 years it looks like this:

I had to change the trem arm, because the black varnish was nearly all peeled of.
Had to swap two of those little square magnesium blocks in which the screws go to hold the strings in the FR, because some small pices were chipped.
The big screws at each side and nearly all of those little screws which are used for intonation calibration are rusty.
There's a little notch/burr (don't know the word) in each of those blocks where the string bent over, so the chance that my strings rip apart at that point is really high when I wrench my trem arm up.

But good point is, that it doesn't matter what I do - my strings stay always in tune.

Mine is nearly in the same condition even the pickup screws and the pickup-case screws are rusty the EMG sign is also fading. But here's a picture of it:

Shot was taken by the guy I bought the guitar from in May 2015, I cleaned it a bit, so it's not so filthy or dusty now, but yeah still a 8-year-old axe, I'm the third and maybe the last owner of it. What you don't see is the wears on the blocks, one of them has a deep ditch on it's inner "wall", probably someone felt him/herself very strong or was at the gym before he's changed the strings, I don't know..., but I read and watched a lot about how to OFR :p before I bought this one and everyone said, not too tight, be careful with it, it has it's own soul etc etc, so yeah when I saw it the first time, I thought it won't hold anything, but surprisingly no problem (knock-knock), also has some scars on the locking nuts, some times I wonder if they cause some of the buzzing, so should I change them?
All in all, it holds the strings super-tight. I rarely have to tune it

I bought an OFR Gold for my RR24 1,5 years ago, I did alot of research and at that time OFR nad schaller where made AT THE SAME FACTORY IN GERMANY.

Anyways, although all sources claimed Schaller (162 euros) was same quality as OFR for cheaper price. I still ended up getting an OFR for 300+ euros because it felt more "complete" that way since all the other parts where mint and professionally made.

After 1,5 years I also have to note that the little blocks that keep the string in place chip VERY easily and I had to replace 1 already, they are very cheap though, Also the screws are susceptible to rust, but this is the case with ALL floyds of ANY brand. also cheap to replace if neccesary.

Do note, if u order a OFR U need to ahve the correct Nut size along with it.

AAND nut in right size might be wide enough but may not be HIGH enough, whcih was the case for me, I solved this by taking a small leaf of ebony wood and shaping it down until it was nice enough to raise the nut high enough

FUUUCK accidentally threw my RR an scratched the shorter wing's finish I just can believe it:mad::mad: Is there any possibilities to repair it?

FUUUCK accidentally threw my RR an scratched the shorter wing's finish I just can believe it:mad::mad: Is there any possibilities to repair it?
A guitar luthier can repaint the whole guitar but it will most likely cost half the guitar's worth (Depending on the guitar of course). You could try doing it yourself too, but I wouldn't recommend it. I chipped a tiny piece of paint on the upper wing of my ESP once when I accidentally hit it against my amp and though about painting it myself but decided against it pretty much immediately.

It if it a bolt-on neck RR then the repainting will be much cheaper and also easier to do yourself if you decide to try it.

I dropped not threw :p but i was too nervous to thinking in english, btw I have found some guitar clinic in my country and they make a really good repair jobs on scratches etc maybe they could help.

I dropped not threw :p but i was too nervous to thinking in english, btw I have found some guitar clinic in my country and they make a really good repair jobs on scratches etc maybe they could help.
Yeah, I kinda guessed you didn't really throw it :D Good luck with the repair clinic. I didn't know that scratches etc. could be fixed without repainting the entire thing.

Guys, I'm really considering to buy a Jackson JS32 BWB

rhoads-js32-black-white-bevels-hd-c4a_1.jpg

I really like the colour of the body and I'm curious about those Jackson pickups I already listened to some presets on thomann.de and they sounded promising, well not as good as the EMG 81 nor the mighty J50 series but not bad at all the only problem is imo that white pickguard, I rarely like pickguards on RRs and this one isn't an exception I have found an asian guy who has one with black pickguard which looks much more sexy.
IMG_1752_resize.JPG

But where can I buy it? It would be also okay if they sell black RR pg separately, but sadly they don't, maybe I should paintbrush the white one?

Last edited:
Go for it! I've heard good things about newer JS Jacksons, including the pickups. Someone should sell those black pickguards considering the white guitars comes with a black one. Not sure where though.

imo, once you ahve touched a 1k guitar u will never buy in cheaper then 400 euros.
atleast for me that is, they just dont feel the same as I am used to.

there is only 1 exception...and thats a 2ndhand RR3 which goes for 300 euros.