The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Tell me which one of your guitars cost 1k, or you just touched one in a shop?:p Once I almost touched a 3k+ bass (Rickenbacker) but I was too afraid of scratch it so, I said no thank you. :)

Reactions: ESA1996
Tell me which one of your guitars cost 1k, or you just touched one in a shop?:p Once I almost touched a 3k+ bass (Rickenbacker) but I was too afraid of scratch it so, I said no thank you. :)
:D I once tried a 7,5k Ruokangas 7 string Custom. Damn I felt idiotic playing it. How many amateur guitarists who don't even play in any bands (At the time) go to try a 7,5k guitar? :rofl: It was a great guitar though. The fret reach was AMAZING (The body was cut in a way that I could get my index, yes index, finger on the 24th fret without any stretching), and the painting was awesome (http://www.ruokangas.com/wp-content/gallery/hellcat-artist/17.jpg).

RR24 yellow cost 1.2k locally and the limited 1.4k. 2ndhand ofc 700 euros and 1k.
The kevin bond cost 1098 euros...

so yea..after I played those 2 I feel alot of difference between the cheap and the midclass to expensive.

I've handled a ESP pink sawtooth custom rated 3.5k....but was to afraid to hurt it so i didnt play it, since back that it wuld bankrupt me :rofl:(i was 17)

This is really cool, but leaves out a lot of explanation.

Why is his cab double miked, when none of his rig is stereo?

His rig would make much more sense if he had two JVMs set roughly the same. Then had two NS-2s clamping down on the preamps of them. Then the signal chain would be Guitar - wireless - Hammet Crybaby - Boss CH-1 - Boss DD-7 - inputs of NS-2's - NS-2 sends to JVM inputs - JVM sends to NS-2 returns - NS-2 outputs to JVM returns - Marshall 1960 BV = profit?

I sat yesterday and watched their Resurrectionfest 2015 gig, and there you can see the pedalboard behind the monitor to his left. At no time during this awesome performance does he step on anyone of the three pedals.

Man i don't know.. about the chorus... is it really on?

So theres a bit of gain from his guitar coming into the chorus from the guitar, going into the JVM adding the rest of the gain?

Last edited:
I didn't even know that he had a pedalboard. I don't recall seeing it at any other of his shows. Is it a recent addition?

I don't know and it frustrates the hell out me.

Did anyone ever notice the chorus pedal being always on? This has boggled my mind since i saw the rig rundown. How did everybody not hear?

Thats it. I've had it. I'm buying an f-ing CH-1 to test out before and between gains.

Alexi plays in Stereo, with his old and new gear. the JVM has an stereo left and right output. with his old gear the Rocktron intellifex turned the signal into stereo with a slightly delay effect on one side..

the chorus pedal is only since halo of blood and IWC album live tours i quess..

I've never used any Pedals in my Life :D
Does it bring so much?

gubcc2ts.jpg

Alexi plays in Stereo, with his old and new gear. the JVM has an stereo left and right output. with his old gear the Rocktron intellifex turned the signal into stereo with a slightly delay effect on one side..

the chorus pedal is only since halo of blood and IWC album live tours i quess..

The old rig had stereo capabilities, and maybe they were utilized :) Roope did so with his rack-stuff, getting a little stereo chorus to fatten up the sound.

The JVM does not have anything stereo. If you use 2x16 or 2x8 ohm speakers, you get dual mono operation, wich does not differentiate between left and right.

Dual miking of his cab, they could add post-fx FOH, but i don't know.

Does any of you own a Boss CH-1? If so could you test how subtle the effect is when dialed lile Alexis?

Reactions: Fastbodom
The old rig had stereo capabilities, and maybe they were utilized :) Roope did so with his rack-stuff, getting a little stereo chorus to fatten up the sound.

The JVM does not have anything stereo. If you use 2x16 or 2x8 ohm speakers, you get dual mono operation, wich does not differentiate between left and right.

Dual miking of his cab, they could add post-fx FOH, but i don't know.

Does any of you own a Boss CH-1? If so could you test how subtle the effect is when dialed lile Alexis?
ah oke my bad.

Could the second mic just be a failsafe? So if something happens the can just quickly switch to the other one?

Daniel's New Guitars:
Guitar info!

People have been asking about my guitars so let me introduce my current axes; ESP original series arrow andromeda (drop tune) and E-II arrow blk (standard tune). Pick-ups and electronics have been updated to EMG alx set for more COB-type tone (Same that Alexi has in his guitars). The specs are almost identical on both guitars and I’m really satisfied how these guitars feel and behave. If you have some further questions, throw them in the comment fields and I try to answer for you.
https://www.facebook.com/daniel.freyberg.7/

9171_1521513771485754_6541263732330957318_n.jpg