The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

No it's not, Alexi's was damaged here and there + he had a gain boost switch built in under the volume knob. Probably it's just a custom shop one.

But ask for serial No. and it may be...

That's a custom shop Jackson RR1 with 21 frets, one pickup and an unpainted neck. I'm not sure which model Alexi had, but his guitar had 24 frets with a black finish neck.

Alexi had a Jackson Stars model, it is indicated on the headstock with the word "stars" after the jackson logo.

24 frets with a black finish neck with ivory binding.
Many copy builds exist.

Here is a picture of my Lim. Ed. RR24 with gold hardware and a built in JE1000with volume knob push pull. all it missesis the stars word, wildchild sticker, white brand lettering and the knob for the JE1000 gainboost. the latter I actually wanted as push pull because technology no longer requiresyou to drill holes and have a seperate button
BTW the JE1000 is the forum copy that was sold here which is and I have to keep giving credit for it, REALLY good

d6WwT4G.jpg

Y1upUnn

Hey guys I recently bought a used Jackson RR35 (well on 17th December to be exact) to have one in the hostel, I live nowadays and to become more veteran/practiced with the V model, since I was a bit afraid to use my RR24...
Well it's a bit war-torned axe, probably used as a stage guitar, I bought it from a kid, he seemed a bit incompetent as the set up was a mess, anyway I finally fixed it as much as I can.
The interesting part is, it has an EMG ALX-F set built in it. I can confirm that, since we had to took it out, due to there weren't pickup height screws in it, just some pieces of tissues under it... (fixed it as well).
Anyway, when I push down the gain boost and just leave it on full volume there's a constant noise feedback, which I'm not used to on my 30W combo. Is that normal or they screwed up the wiring?

Anyone who have already bought a guitar on eBay from Japan ? And who would know approximatively how much customs could it cost to get the guitar in EU ? :D any infos are welcomed!

Reactions: MaximHateCrew
Here's a shitty picture of my 2003 ESP Kiso factory custom shop RV-350AL Arrowhead. Some previous owner had switched the original pickup to an EMG-81 and added a PA-2 gainboost. Since it wasn't in its original configuration when I got it and there was already a hole for the miniswitch, I replaced the 81 with a HZ-H2 and the PA-2 with a MM-04.

Attachments

• 535491.jpg
    535491.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 22
Here's a shitty picture of my 2003 ESP Kiso factory custom shop RV-350AL Arrowhead. Some previous owner had switched the original pickup to an EMG-81 and added a PA-2 gainboost. Since it wasn't in its original configuration when I got it and there was already a hole for the miniswitch, I replaced the 81 with a HZ-H2 and the PA-2 with a MM-04.

It looks nice! Would you consider to sell it? :heh:

Not at the moment. :tickled: Maybe after I get my hands on a Scythes or Pink Sawtooth model. Those are my two favourite versions. I bought this one because the price wasn't bad and I happened to have the money for it.

Scythes or Pink Sawtooth Custom Shop model too ?
I'd prefer the CS models, but I haven't had bad experiences with Edwards models either. From Edwards guitars I have owned an AL-120 Sawtooth (the black one with white pinstripes), a RV-138 and a KRV.

I had the Edwards AL-120 and really disliked it to the point where I had to sell it. Does it feel the same as the ESP models? Because if it does, then I'm never getting one of those guitars again XD

I had the Edwards AL-120 and really disliked it to the point where I had to sell it. Does it feel the same as the ESP models? Because if it does, then I'm never getting one of those guitars again XD
Hell no, at least my CS ESP is a lot better than the AL-120 I had. The KRV and RV models were pretty good, I'd say they are comparable with a MIJ Jackson RR24. The AL-120 was like an Alexi-600. I think I've read somewhere that the older Edwards guitars can be either really good or just mediocre. I haven't had the chance to play any of the newer Edwards Alexi-models.