The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

To be perfectly honest, the settings on a GP-1000 make no difference. I can say from experience, so can Roope and so can lowberg who made that video demonstration.

The volume push/pull pot is the most evident cause it's like gain/clean and there's a tiny bit of difference with the treble but none with the bass. Mid shift is also another that has drastic difference's.

The GP-1000 automatically gives you an early COB tone so imo, settings don't matter with it.

You can see some of the settings in this video:

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=c3Xh0o0V23o[/ame]

At around 2:45

Looks like he's using Output 2 with the master volume @ 11 O'Clock
His bass is @ 9 O'Clock, can't tell whether it's pulled or not.
Mid shift is on 3.
Middle @ 11 O'Clock
Pull Treble @ 5 O'Clock
Pull Distortion knob has come off, but it's probably pulled and on full.
Can't tell what Volume is on.

I don't know. I've never seen his settings apart from that vid.

EDIT: Apart from this, which I beleive is from around 2003 too:

eq8sk3.jpg

^ I believe these are from that scan I was talking earlier.

Funny thing is that my friend has that magazine and he scanned me pics of Alexi's and Roope's racks. I then uploaded these high-res scans on other forums like HC, JCF and others, but now I lost the files and can't fid them anymore :lol:.

I can't seem to find them either!! Maybe they deleted themselves 'cause Alexi didn't want anyone to know his settings. :lol:

It's probably the same gear that he used on the rest of the HCDR tour ffs!!!

GP-1000, gainboost, poweramp, 4x12 cabs. Nothing different.

FUCK

Poweramps don't make MUCH of a difference. You're just being awkward.

this.

Seriously, guys, a power amp has one goal, and one goal only. To take signal from preamp, make it loud, and then stuff it into the cab

think of it as just a loud fucking volume knob.

If its a tube one, it will matter soundwise, if you crank it up so loud that the tubes start overdriving, and still, thats based on the TUBES themselves, meaning you can stuff them in any poweramp.

Tone comes from THIS(in order):

Fingers(yes you fucks, its really defining too)
Guitar Wood
Guitar Pickups
Guitar build(archtop/neckthru/bolton, all those thingys)
Boosters/EQ boards, anything onboard the guitar
|
Pedals(it should be noted, if you get all your distortion from a pedal, you're a douche)
|
Preamp(including, but not limited to, shapefilters, tubes, tonestacks)
|
[STRIKETHROUGHLOL]Poweramp[/s](NOT. The tone you get, or lose here, will be your own fault, a poweramp should provide the cleanest signal possible, they are built for it(Some though, have presence knobs and shit like that), if you fuck this up, then seriously, just.. dont.)
|
Cab

and cab, matters more than people think.

You can have the greatest technique ever, a guitar worth 20000USD stuffed with a JE1000, a preamp(lets take the LEEJACKSONU GEEE PEEEEEE ONETHOUSAND for you fanboy dinks, myself included.), a poweramp with more watts than your collective amount of braincells, and this all, will sound like a commodore 64 with a spoon in it, if you run it into feks, a Harley Benton whatevermajig, built from grade F plywood and speakers which they probably got cheap from a pre-ww2 storage of speakers.

A good cab is MANDATORY, a great rig is WORTHLESS through a shitty cab. Yet as the trend with people who have guitars to 2000€, and amps for 100€, theres also a growing trend of people buying high end amps, and sticking them infront of the most low end cab they are able to surface on this planet, going only after the rated Watt level, meaning shit like, the 400W Behringer

BEHRINGER. 5150+Behringer does not equal win! I'm not saying ive seen it here though, ive seen it on other forums i lurk around on.

Bottom line:

Poweramp don't matter
Fingers, Guitar, Preamp, and cab do

There is no magical way of getting a great tone, you have to think, and be ready to fork out some cash. And this is without considering the way you handle your guitar.

Edit: Also, your cables matter in terms of tone, because if they are of rather questionable quality, you will lose tone, and gain hiss.

^It helps if you tattoo them like he did

or even better, paint your nails + black marker tattoos

it will reproduce the win

^:lol::lol: Oh and great review on what you need for your tone.

I was just wondering if "FUCK" stands for a or was a acronym? I'm not sure but I read or heard it somewhere... just want to ask this.

I've heard that "FUCK" stands for "Fornicating Under Consent of the King" but I don't know???

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No matter if it's true or false, I had never thought about it and I got a good laugh about it, so thanks :kickass:

I need to get new fingers, like ALESKI'SLOL

Indeed. Or else you'll suck for all your life. :lol: