The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

I love the the stone/bodom/gp-1000 sound because the distortion sounds sounds more clear more trebly and less bassy.The hype of j-50bc's has gone down and the hype for gp-1000's has gone up so its going to be hard to get a hold of one.

Not Guitar/Alexi related... for once...

But does anyone have many different shots, BIG shots and pictures, of Jaska's drum set. Besides the looking down view that is on SOB, I'd like to see a lot of different angled and big full shots of Jaska's drum set. It'd be nice if anybody even has any of these. Thanks.

std3.jpg

Has Roope ever been seen playing his white ESP live? In CRY he plays the black one for all the songs, regardless of the tuning... o_O

On its own, doubtly

from what i "know" of death metal, you might want to go for an amplifier such as Peavey 5150 or 6505, in other words, a more high gain amplifier

If it were me, I'd use a GP-1000 to record death metal, then avoiding the usual crappy tone that you hear on most DM albums.

I know with death and black metal, it's more "grim" to use horrible tones and unaudible vocals etc but I personally prefer the best sounding stuff possible. A nice ballsy, dry tone from a Perfect Connection would make a nice change to my ears.

Right, they do make a difference, i understand that, a SP-1000 will sound thinner than a VHT, but you have to understand that this really is very little compared to the other variables in a chain. And in CRY and Tuska, he had a Sansamp 1.1 in his rack, i know this isn't stated in the first post here, but i have seen that sansamp in his rack a number of times after HCDR, and it would make way more sense that the bass and beef during CRY and Tuska came from that one, as opposed to the Peavey 50/50 and such
There is no Tech 21 PSA1.1 in the tuska 2003 rack.
About CRY, there are no pictures of his rack. Only stories. But i do believe he plays with the Sansamp in this one.

Do you also know that the Sansamp PSA1.1 is a modeling pre-amp?
Other things that could have made those concerts more beefy is the PA, remember that the way you mic up your cab matters a lot, and they use PA, simply because anything over 400 people, a cab will come short, it HAS to be mic'ed up, and from 2001 to 2003 and 06, random chance, or alexis preference in cab mic placement could easily have changed. Poweramp could have added some beef, but that would be from the TUBES, and i stated that in my post
Mmm, i dont really think alexi has a "preference" in his cab mic placement. The standard position for a SM57 is placed between the cone and the edge and about 2-3 inches distance. Probably off-axis. This is how many sound technicans mic up their cabinets.
A poweramp matters in your sound, but you will still be able to find your tone on ANY Tube Poweramp, not ONLY a VHT, or ONLY a Peavey 50/50

There is a difference from SS to Tube, but that should be self-explanatory.
You have any idea how much different type of tubes there are?
You should get some ears man, if you cant hear the difference between some poweramps ...

Some preamps just dont work with certain poweramp's. Why does ENGL have the SE head in 2 different versions? Cause the poweramp matters in the sound.
just as in your guitar, the wood and build of the CABINET matters for how the speaker sends out the sound, seriously, there are more things to a cab than just the speaker, don't even try saying anything else.

Cheap cabinets are made from cheap materials, much like guitars are. You can load a cheap cabinet with Celestions, like V30's, but they will never sound as tight and nice as they would through a Marshall cab, or a Krank cab(they use wholewood i believe, mahogany maybe), or the one i want: Basson. Basson cabs are really interesting because not only are they made from REAL wood, they also have sealed corners, so NO air escapes. This gives a much tighter sound, than any of cheap cabs could give. If you use a dark tonewood to this aswell, like Mahogany, you will get a darker tighter sound, or if Alder or Maple, a Treblier, or more Mid oriented sound.
Haha, i think your making some mistake buddy. Guitars are usually made of alder (fender, Jackson, esp) or mahogany (gibson) or basswood(cheaper guitars). Cabinets are NOT made of this wood.

As long as i know, Cabinets are mostly made of plywood/multiplex. I remember that proper quality cabinets like Bogner/mesa/engl are made of birch plywood, mostly 13 or 18 layers.

Atm, your just talking crap.

Muffin.

Arvoitus made me this screenshot.
zpqd453tmpyf3.jpg

if you look Closely you See Alexi hasent got any Tech 21 PSA1.1 in his rack

at Tuska 2003.

SO dont talk about this and that if you cant Confirm it cause that makes people Confused