The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Haha yeah, if u want versitality, then do NOT buy this!!

Then I fucking need one. I love simple things. 1 pickup, 1 knob, 1 distortion, no pedals... Yeah, I definitely like simplicity, :lol: On other news, as I've almost given up on the GP1000 (I don't have a Paypal account neither I can have one cos I don't have any credit card nor much money in my bank account, and I always use my father's virtual card [with my money] to buy on the net) I'm under the impression that Engl Fireball is one angry sounding one channel head, amirite? Cos that might be my next purchase as my Randall isn't enough for a death metal band with one guitar, :lol:

Has Roope ever been seen playing his white ESP live?

Wacken 06.

In CRY he plays the black one for all the songs, regardless of the tuning... o_O
yea i think he uses the white live now
and in CRY he had 2 black random stars, 1 with gold hardware and 1 with chrome hardware with different tunings ofcourse:)

There you go.

Thanks for them, but tempestadiossa mean his white ESP, not his new sig one. The right bottom corner in this pic:

roope_stars.jpg

If it were me, I'd use a GP-1000 to record death metal, then avoiding the usual crappy tone that you hear on most DM albums.

I know with death and black metal, it's more "grim" to use horrible tones and unaudible vocals etc but I personally prefer the best sounding stuff possible. A nice ballsy, dry tone from a Perfect Connection would make a nice change to my ears.

But not in all DM. Arsis, Vader, Decapitated or Death (last albums, first ones were a fucking mess, :lol:) have cool tones IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Muffin.

Arvoitus made me this screenshot.

if you look Closely you See Alexi hasent got any Tech 21 PSA1.1 in his rack

at Tuska 2003.

SO dont talk about this and that if you cant Confirm it cause that makes people Confused

Fastbodom.

I never stated it as it was a fact, i talk about what ever the fuck i want, thank you. It was a theory you dink, if you were able to comprehend basic fucking english, you'd realize that

What's with scalloped frets? I mean... what's the advantage?

Easier to play quickly, as less force is needed in pressing down on the string.

However, it also requires more control, as pressing down too hard will bend the string out of pitch.

That also is what makes it really easy to do vibrato, though.

Yngwie Malmsteen plays with all of his frets scalloped. Alexi only has 20-24.

alexi_laiho_ps_.jpg

It's a matter of personal preference, though.

Fastbodom.

I never stated it as it was a fact, i talk about what ever the fuck i want, thank you. It was a theory you dink, if you were able to comprehend basic fucking english, you'd realize that

sorry but you where the guy saying Alexi Had a PSA his rack and you keep saying it.

just because Avroitus is Right and i show a picture and say that you dont need to say things that you cant Confirm.

you start bitching to me.

all i wanted to do is Correct the Story

I saw it in his guitar rack but he didn't play it.Does the his sig come with scalloped frets too?

Yup.

Thanks Children_of_COB and valkokukka! :D

I thought that was the only white ESP Roope had o_O Does he have two, now?

The one I posted is the white one, and the one valkokukka posted is the new signature one with cross inlays. Check both pics and you'll see.

Awesome,if his sig comes with scalloped frets i'm going to get it!

All of Roope's ESP's have the last frets (21-24) scalloped.

There is no Tech 21 PSA1.1 in the tuska 2003 rack.
About CRY, there are no pictures of his rack. Only stories. But i do believe he plays with the Sansamp in this one.

Do you also know that the Sansamp PSA1.1 is a modeling pre-amp?
Yeah i saw the pic and that's fair enough. I thought he got it right after HCDR? Odd if he kept taking in or out.

I didn't know it was a modeling preamp, but i don't see what this has to do with it.
Mmm, i dont really think alexi has a "preference" in his cab mic placement. The standard position for a SM57 is placed between the cone and the edge and about 2-3 inches distance. Probably off-axis. This is how many sound technicans mic up their cabinets.

2-3 inches? thats quite far imo, though i've never actually worked with SM57's so i cant say what's best for it

You have any idea how much different type of tubes there are?
You should get some ears man, if you cant hear the difference between some poweramps ...

Some preamps just dont work with certain poweramp's. Why does ENGL have the SE head in 2 different versions? Cause the poweramp matters in the sound.

I know about the amount of different tube types yes, and i do know how they sound. I hear the difference between poweramps which have different sets of tubes, but that is given. Poweramps have pretty much no shapefilters or anything of the likes, and if you put the same set of tubes in various "general" poweramps, of same size, they will sound pretty much the same.
I have no idea what engl do with their cabs, as i don't like ENGL amps at all. But sure

Haha, i think your making some mistake buddy. Guitars are usually made of alder (fender, Jackson, esp) or mahogany (gibson) or basswood(cheaper guitars). Cabinets are NOT made of this wood.

As long as i know, Cabinets are mostly made of plywood/multiplex. I remember that proper quality cabinets like Bogner/mesa/engl are made of birch plywood, mostly 13 or 18 layers.

Atm, your just talking crap.

Oh Really. I bet 13 or 17/19 btw, as plywood is always put in odd numbers.
Still, it sounds really lowgrade to make cabinets of plywood. I assumed that when makers such as Krank and Basson uses wholewood, the rest did it too. Sort of disappointing really. Cabinets resonate, and i feel it should be the same with them as with the guitar. Would you play a laminate plywood whatever guitar? I know i wouldn't. I guess i'll be using Krank or Basson in the future then.

Thank you.

according to the sob : this happened (his jackson was stolen) just after the recordings of the HCDT album , so he use the Jackson to record HCDT right?

thanks