The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Yeah i saw the pic and that's fair enough. I thought he got it right after HCDR? Odd if he kept taking in or out.

I didn't know it was a modeling preamp, but i don't see what this has to do with it.
Uhm, its modeling. You hear the difference.

I know about the amount of different tube types yes, and i do know how they sound. I hear the difference between poweramps which have different sets of tubes, but that is given. Poweramps have pretty much no shapefilters or anything of the likes, and if you put the same set of tubes in various "general" poweramps, of same size, they will sound pretty much the same.
I have no idea what engl do with their cabs, as i don't like ENGL amps at all. But sure
Shapefilters? ... Explain, what are those?

Oh Really. I bet 13 or 17/19 btw, as plywood is always put in odd numbers.
Oh really? I bet 13, and those 13 layers together are 18MM.

Still, it sounds really lowgrade to make cabinets of plywood. I assumed that when makers such as Krank and Basson uses wholewood, the rest did it too. Sort of disappointing really.
Marshall, Mesa Boogie, Bogner, ENGL, laney, Peavey, Laboga and a shitload of other brands produce their cabinets this way. It isnt "lowgrade" ... I also think this whole/solidwood is just another marketing hype, it will not sound better but different.

Cabinets resonate, and i feel it should be the same with them as with the guitar. Would you play a laminate plywood whatever guitar? I know i wouldn't. I guess i'll be using Krank or Basson in the future then.
omg ... A cabinet his type of sound is mostly based on the air volume, Dimension (same is the volume), strenght of the build, and the thickness/type of the baffle.
There is plywood. There are lots of different quality's of plywood, as you can see in the previous pictures.

And a cabinet is so much different then a guitar.

Ok guys, who's the first who clears up which pickups Alexi now use? I don't want to update the guitar section on SOB everyday...

Pink ESP: EMG HZ-FH2 with MM-04 or EMG HZ-FH2 with Je 1000 or EMG HZ-H4 with MM-04 or EMG HZ-H4 with Je 1000 or maybe EMG 81?!?

FIN: Seymour&Duncan or EMG HZ-FH2/EMG HZ-H4/EMG 81?!? Can't really see it on those SOA pics...

Or maybe a complete new EMG pickup in both guitars?!?

Ok guys, who's the first who clears up which pickups Alexi now use? I don't want to update the guitar section on SOB everyday...

Pink ESP: EMG HZ-FH2 with MM-04 or EMG HZ-FH2 with Je 1000 or EMG HZ-H4 with MM-04 or EMG HZ-H4 with Je 1000 or maybe EMG 81?!?

FIN: Seymour&Duncan or EMG HZ-FH2/EMG HZ-H4/EMG 81?!? Can't really see it on those SOA pics...

Just noticed it yeah. It isnt a seymour duncan.

Damn, this is confusing. I will need a quality recording of the concert to hear if its a EMG 81.

Just noticed it yeah. It isnt a seymour duncan.

Damn, this is confusing. I will need a quality recording of the concert to hear if its a EMG 81.

Well, I don't think that you can clearly hear if it is a EMG 81 or a HZ-H4/Fh-2 :rolleyes:

But the EMG 81 thing was just kidding. I don't think that he earnestly would use a EMG 81.

He used to, but what they're saying is that the logo on his pickup isn't long enough to say "Seymour Duncan". It looks more like "EMG".

^Exactly.

Well no one knows for sure. I'd say just wait a bit until we can find PROOF.

What Mitch says, and until then I'd keep the Pink Sawtooth with EMG HZ 2 and MM04 because it's the stock setting for the custom Pink Sawtooth and the EMG HZ4 for the Alexi Fin without gainbooster for the same reason.

Well, I don't think that you can clearly hear if it is a EMG 81 or a HZ-H4/Fh-2 :rolleyes:

But the EMG 81 thing was just kidding. I don't think that he earnestly would use a EMG 81.

Same thoughts here.

let me get this straigt.

alexi has in his first pair of ESP's

so first scythe and sawtooth and arrow head EMG's hz4 with mm-04

the second pair of Scythe and Sawtooth are Semour duncan blackouts

alexi's fin is a EMG hz4 mm-04 i guess

and alexi got that pink one afther he got those semour pickups

it has a EMG H4A with mm-04 that came in the ESP when he got it from ESP Corp.

EDIT

WHAT i just notice is

All the EMG-HZ pickups has a EMG-HZ mark on the pickup cover

the fin and pink only has EMG

so guys those to has Some other EMG with MM-04

and no HZ one

Just 3 things:

1. The Alexi Fin doesn't have a gainbooster.
2. The original setup for the Pink Sawtooth was EMG HZ 2 + MM04.
3. He can have an EMG pickup cover and have under it a DiMarzio pickup, we don't know, but as he has never used 81 and he's been always a passive dude until the Blackouts I don't think if he wanted an active he'd get an 81 instead of a Blackout when the Blackout beats the shit out of the 81 (and I say this beeing a proud owner of an 81).

hmm

he is always being active.

j50BC is passive put an JE-1000 on it and you have an active tone
Same with
EMG-HZ h4 and MM-04

but indeed i made some mistakes :rofl:

and i dont know you can get lose EMG Covers cause EMGpickups are like melted inside the cover :rofl: if you look the back's of those EMG P.U's

The Alexi Fin also first came out with EMG HZ-FH2 and MM-04 not with EMG HZ-H4 and you can't clearly see on those pics if their is only EMG written or EMGHZ... but it could also be a EMG 60 which has also a pretty nice tone.

I got his instructional DVD and the Pink Sawtooth and Arrowhead have SD Blackout for sure. The booster still there but he switch it off. The white and black guitar still have the EMG HZ cause he used them for songs on older album, for Blooddrunk sound, he use the pink guitar and the arrowhead, that's probably why the arrowhead being used again other than his practice guitar.

My bad, I just watch the DVD to make sure and the pink sawtooth is the only one with Blackout, the Arrowhead still have the EMG HZ in it.