The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

HEY GUYS!!!!

I just want to say thanks for making this thread a success. The idea to start a thread like this was just something that came about in a matter of seconds and the Webmaster seemed to think it was a smart idea and it certainly was!! :D

We've got a long way to go until we catch up with the tab thread though hehehehe

HEY GUYS!!!!

I just want to say thanks for making this thread a success. The idea to start a thread like this was just something that came about in a matter of seconds and the Webmaster seemed to think it was a smart idea and it certainly was!! :D

We've got a long way to go until we catch up with the tab thread though hehehehe

mitch you should thank your self !
your the guy keeping up these threads alive :headbang:

hmm

he is always being active.

j50BC is passive put an JE-1000 on it and you have an active tone
Same with
EMG-HZ h4 and MM-04

but indeed i made some mistakes :rofl:

and i dont know you can get lose EMG Covers cause EMGpickups are like melted inside the cover :rofl: if you look the back's of those EMG P.U's

He used a gainbooster, but he liked passive pickups.

on his brand new customs, one is seen in a newer guitarworld, it says emg hz so i doubt he is using only SD
His brand new customs (ESP Scythe and Sawtooth II) have Blackouts.

Yeah which are MASS PRODUCTION MODELS.

As far as im concerned they never get it right. I haven't seen them say he uses mm-04 in almost a single magazine.

Custom=/=mass production, :lol: But yeah, mags tend to fuck up.

The Alexi Fin also first came out with EMG HZ-FH2 and MM-04 not with EMG HZ-H4 and you can't clearly see on those pics if their is only EMG written or EMGHZ... but it could also be a EMG 60 which has also a pretty nice tone.

Alexi Fin doesn't have gainbooster neither the hole for it.

I got his instructional DVD and the Pink Sawtooth and Arrowhead have SD Blackout for sure. The booster still there but he switch it off. The white and black guitar still have the EMG HZ cause he used them for songs on older album, for Blooddrunk sound, he use the pink guitar and the arrowhead, that's probably why the arrowhead being used again other than his practice guitar.

My bad, I just watch the DVD to make sure and the pink sawtooth is the only one with Blackout, the Arrowhead still have the EMG HZ in it.

It's not the Arrowhead but an Alexi USA the one he used on the DVD, and if the Pink ever had a Blackout it doesn't anymore.

HEY GUYS!!!!

Cheers to you dude, you keep this alive and had the idea to start it.

He used a gainbooster, but he liked passive pickups.

but that doesnt make sence hehe

sofar ALMOST all of his guitars are boosted with an onboard gainbooster

that makes the signal Active.

if you take a pickup that is active it self
or take a passive pickup with active board

its still active :lol:

SO to get to my point

if you have a active pickup with build in preamp what arvoitus says

or a J50BC passive pickup and a preamp (Je-1000 gainbooster or MM-04) that may be connected outside the pickup

the Signal will still be active.

and a passive signal will sound sucks trough a GP-1000 lee jackson (roope says it himself)

so alexi is an active guy ;-)

^^Not really. The reason he uses the booster and passive and not a straight active is because booster+passive=higher output than active. Until Blackouts came i suspect though.

:ill: Why? He had it on Scythe and Arrowheadsince 2004 or so and on Sawtooth since the first moment, why doesn't the Alexi Fin have it?

Hm.. don't know. Maybe because Alexi won't play live with it and said sth. like....ah I don't know. But I don't really care if you can see a mini switch or not.

I'm not really sure, but he also had a JE-1000 in his Stone guitar and this guitar also had no mini switch, or?

we never really can be sure about the pickup's and gainboosters in his older jacksons

roope uses j50BC JE-1000

we all guess alexi also had it

in his stone we cant confirm a JE-1000

his wildchild , Green pin could be a JE-1000/ JE-1200

^Not really. He has always declared himself in love with the J50BC and JE1000 combo, so has Roope. He has never talked of the JE1200. And then Ale gave Alexi a JE1000 when he left COB, and when ESP designed the MM04 they made it for Alexi and it is a copy of JE1000, so I think it's safe saying that both Wildchild and green pinstripes have JE1000s, and if Arcane is right about Stone, same aplies to it.

My RR with Seymour&Duncan SH5 Custom has very low amount of distortion when played through the GP1000....it's like AC/DC sound. Not metal.

:lol: ACDC with an RR. Rock and roll dude! When a TNT cover?? :lol:

Hm.. don't know. Maybe because Alexi won't play live with it and said sth. like....ah I don't know. But I don't really care if you can see a mini switch or not.

I'm not really sure, but he also had a JE-1000 in his Stone guitar and this guitar also had no mini switch, or?

But he's playing it live now, so dunno. I don't care about seeing the miniswitch or not, I just care that if it's inside the control cavity you can't switch it on and off.

About the Stone guitar yeah, we don't know, but as both Alexi and Roope have said that JE1000 sounds shit with a passive pickup I think we can asume he had the JE1000 but just hidden like you say he has it on the Alexi Fin.

^ What?
"...but as both Alexi and Roope have said that JE1000 sounds shit with a passive pickup"

He has always declared himself in love with the J50BC and JE1000 combo, so has Roope.

Alexi has his MM04 inside the FIN guitar and it's always 'on'. I think he don't need to switch it off at any time...why should he? The drop C songs are more aggressiv so he need the power from his MM04. But maybe I talk shit but I know that he has a hidden MM04 in his FIN

What you guys are doing is Quessing

there was Never Actually Provement about the gear in the jackson guitars

never seen a picture of the underside of those pickups and never seen into the control Cravity

what they are saying dont have to mean its tru..

ok why should they lie about it

so again Roope is using J50BC and JE-1000 Combo

and about alexi we never can be sure.

there is no interview on the internet about alexi saying it.

i already had a Conversation like this with avroitus

but we came out like

lets just say alexi is using j50BC JE-1000 in his wildchild,green pin ,Stone
just because the sound is close to it and its the most logical setup you get in a Custom order about the years the guitar are made

btw Alexi only Orderd the green pinstripe by custom order
stone and wildchild are second hand and the Wildchild might be painted over when alexi bought it but that are just remours

i guess nazgul knows more about that painting thing

But im not sure

^ What?

Alexi has his MM04 inside the FIN guitar and it's always 'on'. I think he don't need to switch it off at any time...why should he? The drop C songs are more aggressiv so he need the power from his MM04. But maybe I talk shit but I know that he has a hidden MM04 in his FIN

I'm sorry, it was suposed to say GP1000+passive pickup (what sounds like shit).

How does the J-BC50 sound just by itself with no active controls or switches. To say if you were to put in a single pickup guitar with no switches and fancy snig snags. How would the J-BC50 sound in a regular distorted amp, i.e. Marshall, Peavey 6505, etc. Or is those active controls and GP-1000 that give it even more sharp tone, or is the J-BC50 pretty good at getting a sharp trebly tone by itself compared to other pick ups.