The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Because it's wired in series. If you removed the battery clip completely and set it up as if it was never there, your tone would sound the same as if you did have the battery installed and had the switch off.

I don't know about that, but if I remove the battery I get no sound out of the guitar. I just tried.

Here's something I recorded to demonstrate the sound that I hear when I plug in my Jackson RR (EMG PA-2 gainboost off, USA J-50BC) into my Korg PX4, gain low, mid high, presence high, treble full, bass mid.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6555jv

The first thing is just the tone as it is.
The second is the EXACT same thing over the VV BT.
The third thing is the EXACT same tone but with two tracks, both panned 100%.

The last part had a nice thick sound...but you get that always with the multiple tracks :).

And I'm sure that you get some extra gain out of the EMG PA2 boost even with the switch set to off. It is like that with the JE1000.

And to answer your second question, imo, I'd say that the single coil is always on and both pickups are selected so they're both picking up the sound and the switch IS the JE1000. But that's just a guess.

I'd go for the same. Bridge humbucker for tight rythms but with a neck single coil to get a bit more bassy for soloing but without the excessive amount of bass that gives playing with just the neck pickup. That's my guess.

I don't know about that, but if I remove the battery I get no sound out of the guitar. I just tried.

I know, but I explained why. It's wired in series, meaning if you disconnect ANYTHING, the sound will go because there's no way that the current can go round in circles.

If it was wired in parrallel, all the different components that are connected would be powered individually so you'd be able to disconnect one pick up (if you had two) and the other would still work. Or take out the battery and you'd still have sound but the switch wouldn't work.

And I'm sure that you get some extra gain out of the EMG PA2 boost even with the switch set to off. It is like that with the JE1000.

Thanks, now I know i'm not crazy, Ever since i installed the MM-04 i wondered why the J50bc sounded hotter even with the gainboost off. I don't know if the PA2 would do that though, i think it has something to do with the midboost increasing the gain a bit.

Personally, I like the rhythm tone it gives me. Others may complain about passive and low gain or whatever but the sound that I hear when I play is nice to my ears.

Here's something I recorded to demonstrate the sound that I hear when I plug in my Jackson RR (EMG PA-2 gainboost off, USA J-50BC) into my Korg PX4, gain low, mid high, presence high, treble full, bass mid.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6555jv

The first thing is just the tone as it is.
The second is the EXACT same thing over the VV BT.
The third thing is the EXACT same tone but with two tracks, both panned 100%.

There's no GP-1000 there?

This is what Roope said about his gear on 2005, clears up the JE1000/JE1200 thing:
ESP & Jackson guitars (custom shop), Amp: Lee Jackson GP 1000 pre-amp and alesis Quadraverb to VHT-power amp. Cabinets we usually rent because they are impossible to fly over...

Jacksons I have are all from the 80`s and ordered and designed by me. black with yellow stripes and white RR`s are from 87 and the matt black with cross inlays is 90.
These ESP - stars are from last year and also customshop. Pretty much made like those Randys. 24 jumbo frets, oil necks and pretty much same electrics. That is jackson JE1000.
I also have a Tokai les paul, custom. B.C.Rich Warlock (which is also hot!) and a Charvel 1.
And of course a nylon classical old yamaha. I still practise some classical now and then..

GP 1000 is also a 80`s product and it`s a one sound, angry sounding little tube pre-amp. I`ts horrible as that, but if you add active electrics and gainboost from your guitar, the result is just great! Needs a little EQ though!
Ou yea, and of course a wireless. My old samsons seem to be at the end of their road, so a new on will come soon.. And my rocktron HUSH just resighed too...

VHT is just a BIG and deepsounding tube power-amp. Also a little stereo chorus is cool, but olnly a little one. If I can pick a cabinet, I`d take 4 vintage marshalls. Usually I have jcm 900, the very basic cabs. I have 2 metaltronix cabinets at rehearsingsite...

That`s basically it, sometimes I use sansamp psa 1, cause it`s programmable and the distortion is pretty good. At home I have boss GS-10, lots of sounds and goes with computer, so it`s very handy at home...

Alexi is somewhat less informative:
ESP guitars, Lee Jackson pre amps, VHT power amps, DR strings, Dunlop picks

This is what Roope said about his gear on 2005, clears up the JE1000/JE1200 thing:
ESP & Jackson guitars (custom shop), Amp: Lee Jackson GP 1000 pre-amp and alesis Quadraverb to VHT-power amp. Cabinets we usually rent because they are impossible to fly over...

Jacksons I have are all from the 80`s and ordered and designed by me. black with yellow stripes and white RR`s are from 87 and the matt black with cross inlays is 90.
These ESP - stars are from last year and also customshop. Pretty much made like those Randys. 24 jumbo frets, oil necks and pretty much same electrics. That is jackson JE1000.
I also have a Tokai les paul, custom. B.C.Rich Warlock (which is also hot!) and a Charvel 1.
And of course a nylon classical old yamaha. I still practise some classical now and then..

GP 1000 is also a 80`s product and it`s a one sound, angry sounding little tube pre-amp. I`ts horrible as that, but if you add active electrics and gainboost from your guitar, the result is just great! Needs a little EQ though!
Ou yea, and of course a wireless. My old samsons seem to be at the end of their road, so a new on will come soon.. And my rocktron HUSH just resighed too...

VHT is just a BIG and deepsounding tube power-amp. Also a little stereo chorus is cool, but olnly a little one. If I can pick a cabinet, I`d take 4 vintage marshalls. Usually I have jcm 900, the very basic cabs. I have 2 metaltronix cabinets at rehearsingsite...

That`s basically it, sometimes I use sansamp psa 1, cause it`s programmable and the distortion is pretty good. At home I have boss GS-10, lots of sounds and goes with computer, so it`s very handy at home...

Alexi is somewhat less informative:
ESP guitars, Lee Jackson pre amps, VHT power amps, DR strings, Dunlop picks

from cob official website..... = =