The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

hey Warheart, what power amp u using? I'm looking for one. Which one you think will nail the later tone (HCD to BD) better?

Yeah, something like that. I don't use a poweramp but you can look in the first post of this thread and find a detailed look at the amps COB used over the years.

Well, I am kind of obsessed with the GP1000 but happen to be unable to get a paypal account, so I must ask a question for all of you. Would any of you accept to bid for one for me for not more than 600€ or so and then tell me how much had it costed and I would make a bank transfer or whatever with the money?

I've explained the reasons why I can't have a paypal account a lot of times but I can do it again if someone wonders why I ask for something like this.

That's pretty cheap for a GP-1000. It's in good condition, it's the '88 Marshall version, only $25 shipping but it's US only. If I didn't have one, I'd probably email the seller to ask about international shipping 'cause £130/$260 is a steal. 9 hours left.

Way too much. But it was Buy It Now, '88 model and it was the European version which meant I don't need a step down converter to work it. It was in great condition and I had the money. I think it was around 400 Euros.

Sorry for the noob question. I know it was built to run with a poweramp and a cab. but irrc you are using your pratice amp with the gp-1000. How do you connect both? My amp has:
- two guitar inputs
-1 output called pre out
-1 input called power in

on the backside there 2 chinch cables going into things called "in" and "out".

Cool, I might do that for now, saving up for a VHT power amp or Mesa, they freaking expensive.

Cool, I might do that for now, saving up for a VHT power amp or Mesa, they freaking expensive.

I have the VHT 2/50/2 poweramp , it never disappointed me.
and if let me choice between VHT and MESA, I will choice VHT,cause it has the voicing buttom and something like hot plate which both MESA dosen't have, really useful and nice tone.

btw is there anyone can suggest me what 12AX7 tube should I replace? if I want to get the FTR and Sinergy tone. thanks:)

just acquired the Mesa 50/50 (the one he used on his instructional DVD). it's sound pretty good, I think i like it better cause it give more bottom end so the rhythm sound tighter. Haven't had the chance to try VHT 2502 so I might get it one day.
^I'll go with Groove tubes or JJ tubes

Ok, all information about their gear is about 2 years old now. Does anyone have any information on what he used on tour now?

I know he has been using Kerry king sig amp, but is that all or is there something else? Also, is Roope using the same thing or is he still use his old rack?

yeah, Alexi like to experiment with gear so we never know, the only thing consistent is the Lee Jackson preamp but that's gone now.