The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

In the latest Soundi magazine with a interview with Roope said... "Stone gigs I play with my old Jackson Randy Rhoads guitars. Luckily I still have them and they are gin good condition. They are similar to play as ESPs but sound is different."

This got me thinking the J-BC50's are a huge part of his tone. Which now gets me interested in getting one and of course anyone wanting to sell me one reasonably I'd appreciate it, as I'm also checking ebay.

Also another question that I've never understood. With the J-BC50 and the active electronic JE-1000 little switch... what does it do actually? Just give a lot of extra gain or does it change the tone as well?

You can adjust the gain on the je-1000 using the trim gain pot.The 3 dip switches are what control the tone and that can't be turned off but the gain can.

In the latest Soundi magazine with a interview with Roope said... "Stone gigs I play with my old Jackson Randy Rhoads guitars. Luckily I still have them and they are gin good condition. They are similar to play as ESPs but sound is different."
Wtf I have been thinking while typing gin :lol:. It should be in good condition.

Wtf I have been thinking while typing gin :lol:. It should be in good condition.

You were probably thinking about:
6abc65ec81e39b87993da12766617138.jpg

:lol:...I don't blame you! WHO DOESNT THINK ABOUT GIN?!!!?:lol:

Is there anybody who can sell GP-1000, or do you know somebody who can?Or do you know some place to buy it?

Actually I know one who can sell the ´88 version, but I have to cost over 400 euros from it :erk:

Really, is it worth of it? Say your opinion, I haven´t played with it :rolleyes:

I have the '88 version. It does one good tone. This is for people who want 1 good tone and stick with it, it's not so versatile. I hook mine up with Mesa Boogie 50/50 and a BBE Sonic Maximizer, sound great for metal and you can get a good hard rock sound from it.

^I think because it was discontinued :) I got it for curiosity and found it cheap so it became my 2nd rig beside my Mesa Dual Recto half stack. The Mesa can do a lot more but the Gp-1000 has a special sound to it.

god damn why is everyone obsessed with the gp-1000? people should do some research on lee jackson, the xla/xls pwn the gp-1000 IMO

personally its because its a rackmount

i'm a rackwhore deluxe, and anything rackmounted is of interest to me :lol: I do like the tone it gives though :) I'd be interested in owning one, but im not going out of my way of getting one. I recently passed up on a good deal for one(which i know i will regret one day :lol:)

Yeah. The GP-1000 sounds good.
But seriously, I'd take anything from Lee Jackson if I could.
Actually I'm searching for a head and a 2x12 cab right now, but since I'm not home for the next three weeks, I'm trying to see if I can get something on the road :p .

That means no America, wich means no Lee Jackson. I don't like much stuff besides Lee Jackson, Marshall Superleads and Marshall JMP-1 really, so it's kinda hard but maybe I'll stumble over something on evil-bay, or something else.

I feel lucky not to be obsessed with stuff like Gp-1000 or expensive head like peavey 6505 :lol: I like neither of them....