The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

I wonder if Alexi runs his active EMGs (or even the blackouts) at 18v

I recently made the mod, and can't even imagine someone (least of all a professional guitarist) not making the switch.

:lol::lol:

Gain = noise

Grounding issues, interference, weird shit will always go on.

Decimator will fix most issues without having to trouble shot issues and variables that will always change.
Why spending 130$ on something what can be solved very easily. The only thing you have to do is find the problem. Your guitar/cable or amp.

What wireless systems do Roope and Alexi use?
The one that costs more than your whole gear. Pro wireless systems are VERY expensive.
Wireless systems dont have to be expensive.
The X2 wireless is the best wireless system on earth, and will cost the less then the half of your 1100$ Jackson RR24.
X2 XDS95 (pedal version) = 300$
X2 XDS-Plus (upgraded pedal version)= 400$
X2 XDR95 (19" Rack version) = 500$

Believe me, this wireless system is compared to a very decent cable.

The smallest version cost as much as the cheapest jackson (JS30RR)

Why spending 130$ on something what can be solved very easily. The only thing you have to do is find the problem. Your guitar/cable or amp.

The X2 wireless is the best wireless system on earth, and will cost the less then the half of your 1100$ Jackson RR24.

Because then you'll go out to play a venue that can have a whole new set of problems, dirty power (even if you have a high end conditioner) UV lights everywhere, a bunch of cell phones etc.

Like I said, gain = noise. You'rs gonna have some mother fuckin noise either way.

Because then you'll go out to play a venue that can have a whole new set of problems, dirty power (even if you have a high end conditioner) UV lights everywhere, a bunch of cell phones etc.

Like I said, gain = noise. You'rs gonna have some mother fuckin noise either way.
A noisegate doesnt solve your issues with dirty power.
If you place your ISP decimator in front of your amp it wont clean up the noise created in your amplifier.

Also, your noisegate will only work when you're not playing/muting strings/whatever. You still have the same noise when your playing. Doesn't matter if its highgain or clean.

And that's why you get a low-noise Randall amp! :lol:

just kidding...

BUT wouldn't a power conditioner work for most of the problems?

btw you bought the RR J2SP from Taiwan right?

That was sooo long ago..it was from Japan. Why Taiwan you ask?

X2 XDS95 (pedal version) = 300$
X2 XDS-Plus (upgraded pedal version)= 400$
X2 XDR95 (19" Rack version) = 500$

Believe me, this wireless system is compared to a very decent cable.

The smallest version cost as much as the cheapest jackson (JS30RR)

It's probably more expensive in Europe than that...900$ ~= 900€ here. There was a a custom shop Jackson RR from 1989 on german ebay about two weeks ago that was also featured in the 1989 Jackson USA catalog and it went for 790€. I have no reason why it went for such an extremely low price, but I'd take that over any wireless anyday :).

Cheapest ones cost about 80€.

What wireless systems do Roope and Alexi use?

They use Shure, a lot of pro say Shure is one of the best you can get so check their website. The one Alexi and Roope use of course is discontinued( Shure UHF Marcad Diversity MKII ), if u want the same just get the best Shure wireless system available (and most expensive too).

A noisegate doesnt solve your issues with dirty power.
If you place your ISP decimator in front of your amp it wont clean up the noise created in your amplifier.

Also, your noisegate will only work when you're not playing/muting strings/whatever. You still have the same noise when your playing. Doesn't matter if its highgain or clean.

It's more then just a noise gate.

And I guess I was referring to the rack version (or ISP g-string) which runs in front and in the loop/between pre and power.

A little white noise coming out at a few db's won't fuckin matter when that shit is cranked anyways.

Cheapest ones cost about 80€.

And fucking suck. Id rather play acoustic than play with such a shitty wireless system. I've only used one of those once, and even with a low gain amp and guitar it was the noisisest and shittiest thing I've ever heard. My Academy amp with a Behringer distortion pedal and playing with a cheapass Storm sounds less noisier.

A wireless system has to be good if you don't want it to be a fucking mess.

It's more then just a noise gate.

A little white noise coming out at a few db's won't fuckin matter when that shit is cranked anyways.
Alright, explain my why it is more then a noisegate ...

Hell yeah you notice it, i dont know if you ever setup a whole band on stage and mic'ing every thing? Thats what i do weekly, and believe me you will hear every single crack/noise/buzz live.

And if you want to record some things, in home at studio? That buzz will be there.

That's why you should solve the problem at the source, and not with a 400$ noisegate.
Why are you using guitareffects, to cover your mistakes or to have a better sound?

haha nothing, just guess , cause my friend had sold the RRJ2sp to someone in Slovenia , I think maybe the world is too small to meet the coincidence.

Really? Where are you from? Taiwan?

Back in 2005 I wanted to buy RR-J2SP from one guy in Taiwan, but then he sold it locally...I got mine from Japan a month or two later.