The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

:lol::lol::lol::lol: That's hilarious,I appreciate your effort though!
Well je-1000's aren't easy to find but not impossible! I'm sure if Alexi used the internet he'd have one by now.But thank goodness for the MM-04!

It's weird that he uses Intellifex to spit the signal in stereo....GP1000 is a stereo pre-amp..why just not use both of it's outputs?

He always looking for more low end in his sound. The output 2 has more bass, he say he use the RSP Hush to enhance the low end so I guess that's why he use the Intellifex to split the signal. It even says that in the back " Output 2 (more bass) " so i guess the sound won't come out even.

It's weird that he uses Intellifex to spit the signal in stereo....GP1000 is a stereo pre-amp..why just not use both of it's outputs?
The GP1000 isnt a stereo preamp. The GP1000 has a double mono output.

Thanks, I found the thread that has the scan of that. It's in my last post. There's scans of a lot more guitarist too.
See what happen when u don't read older post. But thanks a lot for your effort man.
During all that time you guys posted I was writing all my post down. I started just after having posted my first post about it in which I suggested a complete re-writting! "BETCHA CAN'T re-write it by only looking at the small scan!"
Hey guys, did you noticed this thread:
Alexi and Roope's Rack (with pictures).

I've seen that thread but it doesn't say how it runs through though.I wish they had one of those scans for Roope's set up too!

I've seen that thread but it doesn't say how it runs through though.I wish they had one of those scans for Roope's set up too!
Japanese?
sinergyguitars1io.jpg

Yes, you're right. I remember now that my tech who fixed my gp1000 told me this aswell.
What was the solution to the problem? I remember it had a lot of buzz/noise.

Well, if you use some common sense and google, you can easily figure it out.
Wireless has 1 output
GP1000 has 1 input and 2 outputs
One output of the GP1000 goes to the RSP2400. Overdrive/Distortion/EQ/whatever always goes in front of effects (but alexi doesn't use FX).
The intellifex splits the signal into a stereo (double) signal that goes into the poweramp. Then a double speakercable goes to the cabinet into this.

Roope's rack is the same thing, only instead of the intellifex a Alesis Quadraverb.

I've asked a couple times before, but my post always goes ignored... probably because no one DOES know... BUT does anyone know of anyone who has, knows, or can translate that scan? I'm really interested what they say about Roope's setup.

I didn't mean the Japanese scan I meant the american illustrated scan like on the previous page.
The alesis pisses me off because there isn't a channel/program that doesn't have effects so if you wanted to split to stereo you would have to use chorus or reverb.
Well, there is a button called "bypass". You can try that.

No no, i want YOU to explain it. Because i think, you can't.

Alright, what happens if there are some lose contacts in your guitar/amplifier. You can solve that very easily, you know. But you want to spend 400$ on a unit, and when you start playing that noise is still there.

But anyway, lets get ontopic.

Haha dude. I can't fucking explain their time vector processing shit. I don't give a fuck how it works as long as it does work.

Screwed up contacts/cold solder joints/something fucked are a different issue then some white noise that's coming out of your high gain amp.

Haha dude. I can't fucking explain their time vector processing shit. I don't give a fuck how it works as long as it does work.

Screwed up contacts/cold solder joints/something fucked are a different issue then some white noise that's coming out of your high gain amp.

I like that kind of mentality. :lol:

What are the differences and similarities between the mm-04 and je-1000.which switch is which on both?
do they sound exactly the same?

I have a je-1000 but not an mm-04.
I think on the je-1000 switch 1 is high,2=mid,3=low.The trim gain pot added a bit more bass.

how does it work on the mm-04?

well theres a instruction manual on ESPs japan website on what frequencys to help you out but i used alexis recommended settings,but im sorta in a daze cause ive tried to gain pot and put it to full and i cant really hear the difference but does the gain pots difference work only when the amp is at high volume levels,but back to your question stonecold the MM-04 has 4 switch pots and one gain pot or level pot,

here it is,
http://www.google.com/translate?u=h...p/parts/mm-04.html&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=ja&tl=en

but could you explain to me the 4.0K and onwards i dont have a clue wwhat they mean haha

I have a je-1000 but not an mm-04.
I think on the je-1000 switch 1 is high,2=mid,3=low.The trim gain pot added a bit more bass.

how does it work on the mm-04?
The MM-04 and the JE1000 are 100% the same. The mm04 has 4 switches, but the fourth one doesn't have a function.

The dipswitches dont work how you are saying. The dipswitches control the low-pass filter. A low pass filter means that frequencies above a certain frequency don't pass.
If you want some more detailed info about this, then ask.

Some people may have noticed that the unit still affects the sound when the gain switch is off. That's because the JE1000 is not a "true-bypass" unit.

Gain pot
II
II
O <- switch
II
II
V
signal -> ==EQ=========(BJT)=== > signal output.

Imagine, the signal is always going in and out the JE1000. If you disable the gain, your signal will still go through your EQ and BJT. And thats why a JE1000 always effects the sound.