The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

never noticed :p.
Might be. Anyways - it's very rare to hear good tones on Young Guitar DVDs. Maybe 'cus they don't know how to mic the cabs, or that they use modeling.
It did sound good on the Passage to the Reaper tho and I've heard a few good ones with PG.

never noticed :p.
Might be. Anyways - it's very rare to hear good tones on Young Guitar DVDs. Maybe 'cus they don't know how to mic the cabs, or that they use modeling.
It did sound good on the Passage to the Reaper tho and I've heard a few good ones with PG.
Well, with modeling you can create fine sounds within a couple of minutes.

It sounds very well, only in some parts you can just hear its digital.

PTTR was recorded with a Line 6 Flextone (for alexi, i think) and a JCM2000 with a boss SD-1 (for roope).

Well, with modeling you can create fine sounds within a couple of minutes.

It sounds very well, only in some parts you can just hear its digital.

PTTR was recorded with a Line 6 Flextone (for alexi, i think) and a JCM2000 with a boss SD-1 (for roope).

If that's the case, then that is very impressive. I mean, I have heard good modelling tones but most of the time it sounds shitty and like...well on young guitar.

If you mean that the 100% alexi sounds well...then I am gonna go ahead and say you have bad taste :p. Which is of course subjective.

Honestly the only really good modelling tone I have heard is Mitchs Pandora stuff.

Argh ... I was checking the SoB site (alexi's gear) and that information is wrong again.

I also came across the discussion about the poweramp on the first 2 pages on this thread.

Alexi is/was using a VHT 2/50/2, NOT A 2/90/2.
Roope is/was using a VHT 2/90/2.

If that's the case, then that is very impressive. I mean, I have heard good modelling tones but most of the time it sounds shitty and like...well on young guitar.

If you mean that the 100% alexi sounds well...then I am gonna go ahead and say you have bad taste . Which is of course subjective.

Honestly the only really good modelling tone I have heard is Mitchs Pandora stuff.
I agree, the 100% alexi YG tone sounds not good. With some producing/mixing it could sound right.

I've never made an uptade on Alexis gear stuff. I just used the informations of this thread so it's not SOB's fault when there are any mistakes in it. But you can tell me which parts are wrong so I can make an update when I have time.

Thanks a million Mitch and everybody for the tabs :D :D :kickass:

Was wondering if anyone knows Jannes gear?? Thinking of buying myself a late Christmas present in keyboard form..

I think Janne even runs his keyboard through a Muff pedal sometimes, even though its meant for guitar.

Well we were right about Alexi getting his signature EMGs

SKMBT_C25309011515540.jpg