The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

I posted a tone comparison a while ago and made several clips of every MM-04 setting both clean and distorted without the gain boost. But noone seemed interested in it at the time... lol

IL MAKE ANOTHER ONE I GUESS

Would you guys want me to do it using my GP-1000?

So basically it would be J50-BC > MM-04 > Lee Jackson> Good Cab Modeling

I would record Clips of the MM-04 on every possible setting.
Each setting sound clip would contain a clean riff, a distorted riff, and then a distorted riff + gainboost

I posted a tone comparison a while ago and made several clips of every MM-04 setting both clean and distorted without the gain boost. But noone seemed interested in it at the time... lol

Each setting sound clip would contain a clean riff, a distorted riff, and then a distorted riff + gainboost

Mm, didnt you have a Marshall 4x12 cabinet and a SM57 ???
Well, you can try to record it with a nice mic, like you did last time with your GP1000.

Yup. Try and do it with the Lee Jackson.
I'm sorry I didn't see it first time around :p. Where did it go?

But if you could do it with the Lee, that would be superb :D

Mm, didnt you have a Marshall 4x12 cabinet and a SM57 ???
Well, you can try to record it with a nice mic, like you did last time with your GP1000.

I live at school and my cab is at home right now, besides even if it was here I wouldn't be able to really play it at a loud enough volume to sound decent.

I was! That's why i still have it on my HDD. ;)

Top Secret MM-04 Dip Switches.rar (7.45 MB)

Haha thanks so much man! I lost it when my computer crashed!

Im still going to do an updated one with the Lee Jackson and also with the gainboost on and off.

Here You Go

MM-04 Soundclips with J-50BC and GP-1000
Excuse my shitty playing

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gnb2sc

Each clip starts out with no gain boost and then the second half is with the gainboost activated (set around 60% on the trim pot)

The MM-04 manual does not say the exact effect of the dipswitch combinations, but it says that it boosts the tone from these frequencies and in this order:

Switch Setting: 4 / 3 / 3+4 / 2 / 2+4 / 2+3 / 2+3+4
Freq.Boosted :5kHz------- to --------------2Khz

The MM-04 has 4 switches, Switch #1 does nothing, They built it to only use 3 switches but Im assuming it was more cost effective or easier for them to use the 4 switch boxes.

The JE-1000 has 3 switches.

So If you have a JE-1000
Switch #1 = #2 on the MM-04
Switch #2 = #3 on the MM-04
Switch #3 = #4 on the MM-04

These clips are done with cab modeling.
The tone would sound drastically different based on the cab and mic position one would use. This is just to give an idea of what the MM-04 does

Doesn't seem to do that much, except for adding gain.
Maybe it's clearer sounding than the EMG boosters, but since I don't actually need more gain than I've got I won't bother adding another chain into my signal.
It'll only make the signal less clear - and if it doesn't color the tone in a cool way, why bother?

Guitar -> amp. Nothing more.

Here You Go

MM-04 Soundclips with J-50BC and GP-1000
Excuse my shitty playing

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gnb2sc

Each clip starts out with no gain boost and then the second half is with the gainboost activated (set around 60% on the trim pot)

These clips are done with cab modeling.
The tone would sound drastically different based on the cab and mic position one would use. This is just to give an idea of what the MM-04 does

thanks man :) ,it's helpful , but I have no idea what do you mean the " cab modeling " , do you mean the cab simulator which like Palmer PGA-04 ? or just the normal cab or something...
and what poweramp did you use? thanks

Hey guys there's a cheap Lee Jackson GP-1000 on eBay right now currently going for 450$$$
here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/GP-1000-Perfect-Connection-tube-pre-amp-by-Lee-Jackson_W0QQitemZ320323670026QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item320323670026&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1205|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50
hope I helped who ever is in the market for one... I wanted one last year but I already have a MESA BOOGIE triple rectifier so I don't really NEED one.