The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Yes.

And, Enmity5566, no one says you'd have to like Ibanez guitars. But most of your mentioned points are invalid and you obviously wasn't able to tell us your opinion without sounding like a douche (or do I have to quote your initial post?).

You get a +1 from me for the proposing to go back to on topic though.

I offered to drop it and you had to keep going.
I even specifically stated it was simpley my opinion.

If you consider a JEM a high-end Ibanez, IMO it's one of the worst guitars I have played for its price.
I just think it is ridiculous to pay $2000 something dollars for a guitar when it is a bolt-neck.
I have played an edge-pro before and the tuning was dead after a few dives.
This could just be my experience with Ibanez, and because of it I don't like them.

You want to say none of my points are valid, but you yourself validated one, which was the main one:
It is cheaper to make bolt-ons.
Play Ibanez if you like them.
They aren't bad guitars.
I just think if you want a good guitar there are better things for your money than a high-end ibanez.
Paul Gilbert has the nicest Ibanez out there, IMO, but I would never buy it because it's not all that affordable for what you get.
Also there are other importances to a neck-thru aside from upper fret access.
I never said a word about fret access.

You get a different sound with neck-thrus, do you not?

My second big point is do not judge me when you no little to nothing about me.
Please do not try to insult me, when you weren't even intelligent enough to catch the point I was making.

I'm not even going to argue with you any longer, I have said all I want to say. If you wish to keep going do it over a PM please, and not on the gear thread.

Corny to you however, I will apologize because I will respect your taste as a musician and it is good to have originality, something alot of people don't pursue.
I am sorry if my opinion came off as rude towards you or anyone who plays Ibanez.
I am not suttle and I do speak my mind, and I am sorry again for offending you.

I would switch the pickup with a j-50bc right away since the guitar already has an mm-04.

Is there anywhere that still sells mm-04s?
I know Bmusic had them but they ran out of them awhile ago. :erk:

When and if I get one of these made: http://www.amfisound.fi/amfisound_galleria/spotlight/routakelo/routakelomodel.jpg
http://www.amfisound.fi/amfisound_galleria/spotlight/routakelo/routakelo1.jpg
http://www.amfisound.fi/amfisound_galleria/spotlight/routakelo/routakelo2.jpg
http://www.amfisound.fi/amfisound_galleria/spotlight/routakelo/routakelo3.jpg
http://www.amfisound.fi/amfisound_galleria/spotlight/routakelo/routakelo91.jpg

I want to have an MM-04 put in it.
Not sure on pickups though unless I can find another J-50 in both neck and bridge pos.

I offered to drop it and you had to keep going.
I even specifically stated it was simpley my opinion.

If you consider a JEM a high-end Ibanez, IMO it's one of the worst guitars I have played for its price.
I just think it is ridiculous to pay $2000 something dollars for a guitar when it is a bolt-neck.
I have played an edge-pro before and the tuning was dead after a few dives.
This could just be my experience with Ibanez, and because of it I don't like them.

You want to say none of my points are valid, but you yourself validated one, which was the main one:
It is cheaper to make bolt-ons.
Play Ibanez if you like them.
They aren't bad guitars.
I just think if you want a good guitar there are better things for your money than a high-end ibanez.
Paul Gilbert has the nicest Ibanez out there, IMO, but I would never buy it because it's not all that affordable for what you get.
Also there are other importances to a neck-thru aside from upper fret access.
I never said a word about fret access.

You get a different sound with neck-thrus, do you not?

My second big point is do not judge me when you no little to nothing about me.
Please do not try to insult me, when you weren't even intelligent enough to catch the point I was making.

I'm not even going to argue with you any longer, I have said all I want to say. If you wish to keep going do it over a PM please, and not on the gear thread.

Corny to you however, I will apologize because I will respect your taste as a musician and it is good to have originality, something alot of people don't pursue.
I am sorry if my opinion came off as rude towards you or anyone who plays Ibanez.
I am not suttle and I do speak my mind, and I am sorry again for offending you.

First off, i was not referring to a JEM(Reffering to a uber expensive collector luxury item which also is a signature is not the same as a regular high-end model). Secondly, i don't own a Ibanez yet...as of tomorrow i will. I have a Jackson RR24.

But you are right, let's keep this thread clean.

Thank you phenom for being respectful.
I own an RR24 as well, but it is disappointing me lately.
My fret wire grinds down so fast.
Does anyone else have this problem?

No problem.

Mine has only 1 problem. The volume pot is failing and the electronics overall pretty much suck :erk:

mine is doing the same thing.
No matter how many times i tighten the volume knob it still manages to loosen itself up.
I'm also pretty sure the Floyd isn't an OFR.

I use 11-50's though and my fret wire is grinding down pretty bad and its really beginning to bother me as I have had the guitar almost a year now.
I have little notches on the frets 12 through 24 from the string fucking it up.:cry:

No matter how many times i tighten the volume knob it still manages to loosen itself up.

I use 11-50's though and my fret wire is grinding down pretty bad and its really beginning to bother me as I have had the guitar almost a year now.
I have little notches on the frets 12 through 24 from the string fucking it up.:cry:

I think you should contact Jackson via email or talk to the shop where you bought it ASAP. Nope the floyd is not a OFR...it's a FRTO-2000. It's a Korean(or was it japanese?) made Floyd Rose exactly to the specifications of the OFR but in another country to make the production cheaper. I will have to replace the whole volume knob but...shit the fucking same.

No problem.

Mine has only 1 problem. The volume pot is failing and the electronics overall pretty much suck :erk:

There is a trick i told COCOB i don't know if he used it. When you put the volume knob on put it on slightly up so you can see the nut that tightens the pot. You can see it but people watching you can't. Ever since i did that it has never loosened.

Fret wear is inevitable. I don't have notches but mine is wearing down. You just need refretting or the guy will sand them down until they are even. They then get to a point where it needs refretting. You'd be surprised how much professional musicians get there guitars refretted

I got 12-56 and i don't see any considerable fret wear. Well the volume knob solution is kinda late now, my whole volume pot is starting to fail for some reason!

Fret wear is inevitable. I don't have notches but mine is wearing down. You just need refretting or the guy will sand them down until they are even. They then get to a point where it needs refretting. You'd be surprised how much professional musicians get there guitars refretted

aren't there different types of fretwire you can get that don't grind down as easy?
My friend has a KV he has had for years and he has thin-and-talls on it (i'm not sure on what material though), but he has almost no wear on his, but he does use lighter strings than me :erk:

I just hate having to maintenance this thing so much when I just bought it.
A good refretting isn't cheap either.

|--------------------T
|-------------15-19-24-19-15---------|------------------|
|----------17----------------17-------|------------------|
|-------16----------------------16----|------------------|
|----17----------------------------17-|------------------|
|-19----------------------------------|-19---------------|
|-------------------------------------|------------------|

?:kickass:

:lol::lol::lol:

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

:D:D:D:D

Must be awesome to have a song that can be recognized be a short .txt tab of a few notes. :)

Actually when I see that my mind goes *Alexi* :lol:

First off, i was not referring to a JEM(Reffering to a uber expensive collector luxury item which also is a signature is not the same as a regular high-end model). Secondly, i don't own a Ibanez yet...as of tomorrow i will. I have a Jackson RR24.

But you are right, let's keep this thread clean.

:lol: Matias! Have you played a Jem? Not the 555 one, the good one. I mean, you know that I love my RR24 and that I love neck-thru and simplicity over all, but when I tried a Jem I was absolutely blown away. And actually I think the price is quite ok for what it gives, which as we all know can't be said about ESP/Jackson high end models which are quite overpriced IMO.

I mean, the Jem I tried was not the standard white or black one, it was a green/pink/black one with green pickups and green inlays, but still I don't think the colour has anything to do with the playability and the sound.

Thank you phenom for being respectful.
I own an RR24 as well, but it is disappointing me lately.
My fret wire grinds down so fast.
Does anyone else have this problem?

No, hasn't happened to me.

There is a trick i told COCOB i don't know if he used it. When you put the volume knob on put it on slightly up so you can see the nut that tightens the pot. You can see it but people watching you can't. Ever since i did that it has never loosened.

Yep I did use it and I though I had thanked you for it, sorry if I didn't, cos it actually worked quite well. Before, I had to tight the damn knob every single day, now I only have to do it once a month or less, which is great!

Also I'm pretty sure that everyone on here that owns an RR24 has already swapped out their EMG 81s to a J50bc.
I haven't found an MM-04 yet so if I were to put in the J50 how would it sound because I am very anxious to hear it.
I just don't want to go through all that trouble when my EMG might be a better choice until I get the MM-04.

Yep I did use it and I though I had thanked you for it, sorry if I didn't, cos it actually worked quite well. Before, I had to tight the damn knob every single day, now I only have to do it once a month or less, which is great!

Cool, i have never had to tighten it since i did that!
Also I'm pretty sure that everyone on here that owns an RR24 has already swapped out their EMG 81s to a J50bc.
I haven't found an MM-04 yet so if I were to put in the J50 how would it sound because I am very anxious to hear it.
I just don't want to go through all that trouble when my EMG might be a better choice until I get the MM-04.

I still have my EMG 81 in, i think it sounds good so i have no need to swap it.

I would recommend to keep the 81 in until you get an mm-04.
And the j-50bc and mm-04/je-1000 sounds best with a gp-1000.

:lol: Matias! Have you played a Jem? Not the 555 one, the good one. I mean, you know that I love my RR24 and that I love neck-thru and simplicity over all, but when I tried a Jem I was absolutely blown away. And actually I think the price is quite ok for what it gives, which as we all know can't be said about ESP/Jackson high end models which are quite overpriced IMO.

I mean, the Jem I tried was not the standard white or black one, it was a green/pink/black one with green pickups and green inlays, but still I don't think the colour has anything to do with the playability and the sound.

I've tried the 555. I know a store that has the real JEM but i haven't gotten to visiting that store yet. I know it's a good guitar but you can't argue that it is quite overpriced :lol:

@Enmity:I still got my trusty EMG 81...not going to swap. Fuck the J50BC! :lol: