The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Ok guys a question (which I know it's been asked before and I apologise for bringing back, but I need some help): I recently got a J50BC and want to install it in my RR24, which has an active EMG81 with a battery, which the J50BC doesn't need. Do you reckon it's too much to try and do it myself? Would it be that hard? If anyone has done it, could explain it? Also, I belive I have to change the volume pot cos the one provided with the active EMGs is not the correct one: is that hard to change?

Thanks!

It's pretty simple and you don't have to change your volume knob. Their should be instruction for the J50 BC in the net (or Nazgul send you his one) for the wiring. But it doesn't matter if your old pcikup was active as long as you don't have two in it. You only have to chnage your jack as far as I remeber.

Jeez, I think I'm going to the luthier. If he fucks up I can beat him up and steal his stuff :lol: Nah, I know shit about wiring and that stuff and I don't even have a solderer (if it's called like that), so I think I'll go to the luthier and same me some time.

Yeah, that would be the best if you haven't done stuff like this before.

But don't expect to much. You won't hear a big difference except of less power and to be honest - I would never change an active EMG81 with a passiv J-50 BC when you don't have a gainboost. I bet your EMG got a better sound.

Have you guys also heard about the new Lee Jackson that is supposedly being re-issued.
I have read that as of now Alexi and Roope have the only two, but I think they may be available eventually, but I don't quite remember where I read this.
I thought I would see if any of you know anything about it.

If these things do end up being mass produced though, everyone and their grandmother will have Alexi tone :Smug:

Tone is almost all from the hands. Not to mention that both of theirs have been modified by Lee Jackson himself. I doubt the mass-produced ones would be as nice.

Yeah, that would be the best if you haven't done stuff like this before.

But don't expect to much. You won't hear a big difference except of less power and to be honest - I would never change an active EMG81 with a passiv J-50 BC when you don't have a gainboost. I bet your EMG got a better sound.

Well, I've heard Mitch's recordings with the Stars with no gainboost and I quite like the tone. Of course his tone has load of other things (the Pandora and it's configurations, Mitch's playing, etc...) but I like the general sound of the pickup, and to be honest I prefer the sound from the passive single coils on my Storm Stratocaster copy to the sound of my EMG 81. Live doesn't matter that much cos I when you go nuts with the volumes and distortions playing live it doesn't really matter, but for recording stuff I have to set distortion quite low and still is quite gainy and noisy sometimes.

Well, I had an J-50 BC in my guitar before the S&D and I have to say that the S&D and the HZ-H4 had a better sound than the Jackson but you will see. And Mitch' recordings will sound nearly the same with an HZ-H4 or EMG 81.

And don't forget that a gainboost in your guitar will ever change your sound - wether it's on or off cause your sound go from your pickup > gainboost > volume > input.

That's ok that's ok. I mean, seeing that I already have the hole for the battery, I do want to get an MM04 (I'll probably just leave it inside the guitar and not take it out, but dunno still), but I'll probably install the J50BC now though. As I'm telling you, I quite like the sound I get from my crappy single coils in my strato copy, and I'm sure that the J50BC won't be weaker than that.

well ,don't know why you all think it is blackface ?

if you check the Reap N' Roll video very carefully , you'll find it's online , believe or not , just check the video yourself .

ps: the scene they jamed in the rehearsal room around 24:36 ~ 24:45 , you can see the word under the monitor , something like AXXXX Presets , just judge it yourself. btw you also can see the gp1000 setting in few seconds.

After checking if you still beliebe it's blackface ,then it's blackface , so please don't argue with me.:)

Yes, but the blackface is the one in his live gear rack and studio rack. When he does instructional video, he just used what they give him, for example in the Rock House DVD, he used ADA preamp with Mesa 50-50 power amp and a Peavey cab.

That's ok that's ok. I mean, seeing that I already have the hole for the battery, I do want to get an MM04 (I'll probably just leave it inside the guitar and not take it out, but dunno still), but I'll probably install the J50BC now though. As I'm telling you, I quite like the sound I get from my crappy single coils in my strato copy, and I'm sure that the J50BC won't be weaker than that.

Stratos always sonud good. Good for rock and blues or country but not for metal. I have a Strato too - I've bought it for 45€ from a friend of me and it sounds realy great when I play Led Zepplin or shit like that but for metal... :puke: Whatever, I would really hear your new recordings but I stay at my opinion - you changed a better with a worse pickup and without any offense, but I think you only changed your pickup cause you know that Mitch has a J-50 and you think that you could a sound similar like his sound. But that won't work. Your tone will be the same when you don't have the same equipment.

Ok guys a question (which I know it's been asked before and I apologise for bringing back, but I need some help): I recently got a J50BC and want to install it in my RR24, which has an active EMG81 with a battery, which the J50BC doesn't need. Do you reckon it's too much to try and do it myself? Would it be that hard? If anyone has done it, could explain it? Also, I belive I have to change the volume pot cos the one provided with the active EMGs is not the correct one: is that hard to change?

Thanks!

How much did you pay for that J50BC? Just asking. I've been considering to get one to my Jackson.

Strats can do that too.
I'd prefer humbuckers for it though. But single coils could work aswell, as long as it is not to thin or muddy.

I always wonder why other instruments don't have this insanely huge amount of faggots playing them. It seems to be typical for guitar players to behave like the last stupid dickheads in the world.