The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Could be a EMG FH2A Dual Coil Alnico Magnet
5122.jpg

Wut?

As long as it'll make him sound much better than on Blooddrunk I don't really care :p.

I hope to replace the Blooddrunk songs with some better live versions.

img0748.jpg

another pick up?

looks like an HZ with gold pole pieces?

Yes, as I said - it must be an EMG FH2 and it's is 4th pickup in 1 year.

- 2007 EMG HZ-H4
- End of 2007 (don't know the exact date) Seymour Duncan ahb-1
- Mai 2008 I think he used this EMG (? (AL)) to try it out but sth. seems to be not perfect so
- Nov 2008 EMG HZ-FH2

and maybe later the EMG AL again

Yes, as I said - it must be an EMG FH2 and it's is 4th pickup in 1 year.

- 2007 EMG HZ-H4
- End of 2007 (don't know the exact date) Seymour Duncan ahb-1
- Mai 2008 I think he used this EMG (? (AL)) to try it out but sth. seems to be not perfect so
- Nov 2008 EMG HZ-FH2

and maybe later the EMG AL again

Of course, you need to take into account that the "AL" is still in prototype mode, so this pickup that looks like the FH2 could in fact be another form of it. I would imagine that until it's officially completed, it could take on many different forms until Alexi is completely satisfied. As it stands, we only know that its being designed, and nothing more.

Nah, the letters on his actual pickup says EMG HZ but on his AL pickup there were only the letter EMG on it. But I don't know. We really should wait until it's official.

I heard that you have to be carefull that you dont set the Master Output high on the GP1000. Keep it low, arround 9 o clock (5/20)

You can try that ... i dont have a gp1000 or sp1000 so it's hard for me to think of a solution.

Well the Master Output was never set at a high level as in at the knob mine stays at 11 O'Clock but on the high output channel,so anymore ideas?It really seems very covered up
What pickups are you using?

Umm an EMG-HZ H2 if im right

What are your settings? If you scooped the mids then i don't wonder :lol:

Nope im using Laihos settings,Dist-Pulled-full Treble-full Mids-Full Mid-shift-3 Bass-9 O'Clock Master Output High-11 O'Clock

img0748.jpg

another pick up?

WoW looks nice

Is this EMG going to be like an alexi sig. or something?
Also where did you guys here about this?
Is it on the EMG site or something, I mean this guy seems to change pickups as much as strings :lol:

Nah, the letters on his actual pickup says EMG HZ but on his AL pickup there were only the letter EMG on it. But I don't know. We really should wait until it's official.

The pickup cover isn't necessarily a true indication. It could be just that they took an HZ and have modded it out in trying new things for the "AL". But it's like you said, we really don't know, and should just wait.

Is it on the EMG site or something, I mean this guy seems to change pickups as much as strings :lol:

It was in a Japanese magazine recently (I forget which one) that went over Alexi and Roope's current gear setup, and said that Alexi was testing an "AL" EMG signature pickup. However, it's not official as of yet. Probably won't be until it's done and finalized, assuming it goes through.

May not even happen for a while yet.

Where did you get that picture? Which concert is that.

That's from Helsinki's show on this last tour supporting Slipknot, so it's the most recent configuration of his guitar.

img0748.jpg

another pick up?

Weird!

:lol::lol::lol:

Have you guys also heard about the new Lee Jackson that is supposedly being re-issued.
I have read that as of now Alexi and Roope have the only two, but I think they may be available eventually, but I don't quite remember where I read this.
I thought I would see if any of you know anything about it.

If these things do end up being mass produced though, everyone and their grandmother will have Alexi tone :Smug:

this one:
k94-1.jpg

this is the only one he used from the beginning.

well ,don't know why you all think it is blackface ?

if you check the Reap N' Roll video very carefully , you'll find it's online , believe or not , just check the video yourself .

ps: the scene they jamed in the rehearsal room around 24:36 ~ 24:45 , you can see the word under the monitor , something like AXXXX Presets , just judge it yourself. btw you also can see the gp1000 setting in few seconds.

After checking if you still beliebe it's blackface ,then it's blackface , so please don't argue with me.:)