The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Also I'm pretty sure that everyone on here that owns an RR24 has already swapped out their EMG 81s to a J50bc.
I haven't found an MM-04 yet so if I were to put in the J50 how would it sound because I am very anxious to hear it.
I just don't want to go through all that trouble when my EMG might be a better choice until I get the MM-04.

I had a J-50BC and a MM-04 in my Alexi 600 (I still have the MM-04) and it sounds great but not as good as my blackout or my old HZ-H4 with MM-04.

Man, children of bodom's live sound is fucking awesome ...

I watched them play the saarbrucken gig last night.
The Pink Alexi guitar and the Fin Guitar both had the Black pickup cover with golden polepieces.

Nice to know!

I've tried the 555. I know a store that has the real JEM but i haven't gotten to visiting that store yet. I know it's a good guitar but you can't argue that it is quite overpriced :lol:

@Enmity:I still got my trusty EMG 81...not going to swap. Fuck the J50BC! :lol:

I don't think 2200€ is overpriced for a Jem, actually I think it's quite ok for what you get. And I tell you, the real Jem has nothing to do with the 555 (well obviously some things are similar, but it's not the same guitar with different inlays and different hardware colour).

Haha, i had a wierd dream last night ...

I was visiting a concert of CoB, and then i walked backstage to watch their gear and i noticed that they both used Marshall Silver Jubilee Combo's together with marshall poweramp's and a shitload of rackgear.

Yeah ... that was pretty much it :lol:

A serious question about the Ge-1000/mm04, besides the gain boost and mid-boost, does it effect the sound in any other way? I've read it had a cocked-wah sorta sound?

A serious question about the Ge-1000/mm04, besides the gain boost and mid-boost, does it effect the sound in any other way? I've read it had a cocked-wah sorta sound?
No no ...

JE1000 = Gainboost with adjustable resonant peak frequency.
JE1200 = Midboost with up to 20db boost at 450hz (i think).
JE1500 = Parametric mid eq boost (i think this is the wah-sounding thingy).

And a JE2000, which is an active EQ for bass guitars.

Nice to know!

I don't think 2200€ is overpriced for a Jem, actually I think it's quite ok for what you get. And I tell you, the real Jem has nothing to do with the 555 (well obviously some things are similar, but it's not the same guitar with different inlays and different hardware colour).

I know. I still think you are paying a couple of hundreds for the damn name! ...but that's just me :lol:

No no ...

JE1000 = Gainboost with adjustable resonant peak frequency.
JE1200 = Midboost with up to 20db boost at 450hz (i think).
JE1500 = Parametric mid eq boost (i think this is the wah-sounding thingy).

And a JE2000, which is an active EQ for bass guitars.

well i tried my MM-04 today on an ibanez head with marshal cab and the tone difference was so amazing,i really have to get a really proper cab omg

and that GP-1000 looks amazing,before i read it was scrolling like half way down the pic then i was like why did someone open up a GP-1000.It looked that similar nice work

well i tried my MM-04 today on an ibanez head with marshal cab and the tone difference was so amazing,i really have to get a really proper cab omg

and that GP-1000 looks amazing,before i read it was scrolling like half way down the pic then i was like why did someone open up a GP-1000.It looked that similar nice work

Mm, what picture are you talking about?

But i did build a MM-04/JE1000.

you actually know how to build one of those?
If i payed you could you send one my way?
The J50BC, and Lee Jackson aren't so hard to find, but the JE-1000...:erk:
It's like a lost artifact or something :p
But yeah man let me know and I will definitely pay you for your troubles.
Thanks.

Could someone explain to me what they think the JE-1000 does to the sound, besides being able to add extra gain?
I know you can play with some frequencies, but I could just aswell turn up mid and so on ON my amp instead.

I really want to try and build one myself - as a pedal, just for the fun of it. And it would be cool to have if you borrow an amp (at school for example) to tweak it a little.
But if it changes the sound in a good way, I could use it together with my Lee Jackson to just do that (even though I am completely satisfied with the sound of my Lee, but it doesn't hurt to play around, now does it?) - because it has enough gain in itself.

This post turned out a little messy. I hope you can read it anyways :p

for anyone who doesn't care to read it: What does the JE-1000 do, besides changing frequencies and adding gain?
How would you describe the tonal coloring?