The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Seeing that is kinda like a big slap in the face... I looked all around for one of those last year for about two months with no luck. Then I spend over 3k on my rig and the first time I check to see if there are any on eBay since I find one! Whatevs though, I like MESA's more, they are a lot more versatile.
o_O

Seeing that is kinda like a big slap in the face... I looked all around for one of those last year for about two months with no luck. Then I spend over 3k on my rig and the first time I check to see if there are any on eBay since I find one! Whatevs though, I like MESA's more, they are a lot more versatile.
o_O
Fuck versatility ... The only thing you need is a huge loud driven amplifier.

If i may ask, what rig do you have?

Fuck versatility ... The only thing you need is a huge loud driven amplifier.

If i may ask, what rig do you have?

haha, yeah well... I have a MESA Triple Rectifier Head going through the MESA 4x12.
SOOOOO much power!!!
and now that I need to get the fucker re-tubed I'm broke lol. so it sounds kinda weak right now. Tube power all the way!!!
I hate anything digital!
Ohh, yeah it sounds pretty damn good!
Versatility is the name of the game when it comes to MESA's.

I hate anything digital!

thats a really close minded way to be. I like tube amps and all but still, that is really ignorant. There are some great sounding SS amps.
I will agree with you in the sense that versatility is important. One thing gets old after awhile.

haha, yeah well... I have a MESA Triple Rectifier Head going through the MESA 4x12.
SOOOOO much power!!!
and now that I need to get the fucker re-tubed I'm broke lol. so it sounds kinda weak right now. Tube power all the way!!!
I hate anything digital!
Ohh, yeah it sounds pretty damn good!
Versatility is the name of the game when it comes to MESA's.
Rectifiers aren't my favorite amp's. But those oversized cabinets are hot.

thats a really close minded way to be. I like tube amps and all but still, that is really ignorant. There are some great sounding SS amps.
I will agree with you in the sense that versatility is important. One thing gets old after awhile.
Digital = modeling.
SS = transistor.

SS is ok, but at high volumes they usually sound shit.
I've played my homebuild 15w (tube) amplifier with a 2x12 cabinet at full volume. And it just sounded sweet.

^Agreed, I have a Marshall 30W Solidstate lying around (I barely play it) and it sounds cool when the volume isn't cranked up. Same goes for the Randall 100W SS Head of a friend of mine. Sounds nice at a moderate volume, but anything close to loud sounds bah in my opinion.

digital can be cool, as long as you don't try and turn it into a tube amplifier. The real deal is most of the time best.
Atleast the tubes distortion is so friggin hard to simulate realistically...it has not been done yet.

I personally think that some of the SS randalls out there are pretty awesome especially the Ninja V2. That thing is a beast.
But most SS amps do suck, especially Line 6, like the spiders and shit. I hate those things. But yeah, if anything I would personally just buy a Randall if I want a SS but otherwise I would buy a tube amp like a splawn quickrod, peavey 6505, etc. I can honestly say I have never played a marshall I have liked though, like the JVMs and such. The modded ones however like the splawn and lee jackson modded marshalls are a different story = they rape.

gear1.jpg
gear2.jpg

Not like anyone really cares but I just noticed from those pictures that they are using Audix i5 microphones on their cabs instead of Shure SM57s. The Audix i5 has a brighter sound to it when it comes to recording guitar.

It looks like they mic their cabs pretty far out from the center of the speaker too, right outside the dustcap

well it is only a JCM800.. I don't know how much extra gain it has, Alot of the time guys use the OD pedals with the drive real low and the output up to just kind of tame the bass and treble frequencies and chunk it up a bit.

...sort of like a midboost! lawl

...Alexi should just use all the old shit again :(

well it is only a JCM800.. I don't know how much extra gain it has, Alot of the time guys use the OD pedals with the drive real low and the output up to just kind of tame the bass and treble frequencies and chunk it up a bit.

...sort of like a midboost! lawl

...Alexi should just use all the old shit again :(

Why? Because you think it sounds better? :p

I like his new tone better, personally. Especially live. You can do almost anything with tone in the studio, so unless you judge only by live performances, it's a bit skewed.

Fair enough, we all have different tastes.

Honestly, I would be surprised if Alexi's rig didn't change by (or during) the recording of the next album. He's always trying new things, and while he obviously likes the Marshall, he doesn't seem in love with it.

I think Alexis rig sounds nice live. On the album tho it sucks major transvestite cock.
Also on the 100% Alexi Young Guitar Video it sucks.