The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Is Alexi using his new pickup yet or is it just the FH-2 with MM-04? He has mini switches in all of his guitars so I think he's using an FH-2 (or any other version of th HZ) with his MM-04.

Ok, let's stop a bit talking about Alexi and Roope and discuss a bit Henkka's new bass:

Phoenix12copy-1.jpg

Anyone knows when he got it or since when is he using it? Sleeper666 posted a pic the other day on the pics thread and it was the first time I saw it.

Looks to me like a white (or silver, can't tell) version of his ESP sig.

Thanks, for the help, but I already found it :) If you're interested, yes it's same shape and I asume same electronics (except that it doesn't seem to have the 3 band eq) and overall specs as his other COBHC bass but this one has the COBHC legend as fret marker all over the 10th to 15th frets or so, not in the body.

Wouldn't be the first band to have them there for show as empty boxes :lol:
Yeah, i know a lot of bands do it. But those are always marshall cabinets. In the previous european tour Roope had four 4x12 marshall cabinets.

I've never seen them stacking up a pile of ENGL cabinets. But since the show was in germany (engl = germany) they probably could borrow a shit load of cabinets.

I've been looking at different picks. I understand Alexi uses Jim Dunlop Jazz III. Jazz is because of the size I think and there are 3 types. III is the sharp tipped version. There are Red ones which are made of nylon and black ones which Alexi uses and they are made of "stiffo". I was lucky enough to be told there is no difference only colour :mad: when I got mine, now I have Red ones *sigh*

It sucks here in Aus cus the DR strings are less common and the 10-56 Jeff Healey gauge is even rarer. Does anyone know if Alexi alters his FR trem? I think you can change the block that the springs attach to and you get more tone. I have an LTD MH-1000 with a FR-1000 and when I raise my whammy bar the notes drown out and have like no sustain. Also does anyone know how to keep your whammy bar tight? Mine goes loose and swings around after about 2 uses

Why did you raise your whammy bar? To get a better tone you also have to raise your pickup. The higher it is, the better is the tone but the distance between your strings and the pickup should be at least 3 mm otherwise your strings will hit the pickup when you pull down your trem. And what did you mean with your tremolo goes loose and swings around? Your guitar goes out of tune or what?

Why did you raise your whammy bar? To get a better tone you also have to raise your pickup. The higher it is, the better is the tone but the distance between your strings and the pickup should be at least 3 mm otherwise your strings will hit the pickup when you pull down your trem. And what did you mean with your tremolo goes loose and swings around? Your guitar goes out of tune or what?

By raise whammy bar I meant like pulling it up. I was reffering to the bar not the FR tremolo system itself. Like in Needled 24/7 (before fast riff) and all. Just a regular whammy pull or whatever they are called.

I put the bar in and tighten the screw thing so its firm and stays in one place and then I like do the whammy part at the start of the AYDY solo and by then the bar is loose and swings around freely. I am wondering how I can keep it firm without having to tighten the screw thing mid song. Is it because I have a FR-1000 instead of an Original Floyd Rose?

By raise whammy bar I meant like pulling it up. I was reffering to the bar not the FR tremolo system itself. Like in Needled 24/7 (before fast riff) and all. Just a regular whammy pull or whatever they are called.

I put the bar in and tighten the screw thing so its firm and stays in one place and then I like do the whammy part at the start of the AYDY solo and by then the bar is loose and swings around freely. I am wondering how I can keep it firm without having to tighten the screw thing mid song. Is it because I have a FR-1000 instead of an Original Floyd Rose?

The same happens to me also..

Mmh... I don't know. Haven't had this problem before. FR-1000 means the color of your trem (1000 fro chrom, 5000 black, 3000 gold I think). Do you have a licenced FR?

Mmh... I don't know. Haven't had this problem before. FR-1000 means the color of your trem (1000 fro chrom, 5000 black, 3000 gold I think). Do you have a licenced FR?

Okay I know it's not an Original. ESP went from having original fr's on their LTD deluxe range to having FR-1000. I am aware of the colour code. I could check for stuff if that would help. It feels to me like the screw in bit on the bar is faulty. As in the reason it goes loose is cus of that so I need a better one. Maybe its my technique. How do you tighten yours?

Okay I know it's not an Original. ESP went from having original fr's on their LTD deluxe range to having FR-1000. I am aware of the colour code. I could check for stuff if that would help. It feels to me like the screw in bit on the bar is faulty. As in the reason it goes loose is cus of that so I need a better one. Maybe its my technique. How do you tighten yours?

i had a washburn , and the tremelo is FR from Korea , not the original FR , i use the bar to tighten the strings ,after few month , the problem happened ,and finally a part of the tremelo system was broken , so i replaced it by Schaller FR , and it works good so far .
the guitar tech told me ,the joint of no brand FR is just made by iron or something not firm , it will work out after using in few month , but the Schaller and original FR's joint was made by tungsten alloy , it is much better than the iron or steel.
so i think the FR does matter.:)

I've found this one in Ateacina's pictures. I know it's his blacky but I just tought it looked like a green beveled ESP RV. Pretty nice!

26062009-Children-Of-Bodom-10.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/10-SETS-DR-ALEXI-LAIHO-SIGNATURE-GUITAR-STRINGS-4110_W0QQitemZ350225035868QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item518b09f25c&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1205|293%3A1|294%3A50

I don't understand that. Its Alexi Laiho signature strings but why are they 10-46? He plays 10-56 in Drop C