The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

If I start discussing about everything related to Jaska's drumset (since it is also part of the CoB gear as far as I'm concerned), will I be discussing alone ? (if that is even possible !)

Thx ! but I already know pretty much everything there is to know about his drumkit ... I wanted to discuss about it with others so here it goes....
Do any of you have tried the P-2002B Eliminator Double Pedal (the one Jaska uses) ? I didn't like it it didn't feel right under my feet. I play with the Yamaha DFP9410 direct drive double pedal and it works like a charm for me at least !

What do you guys use ?

LOL I'm not a drummer myself... but our drummer likes the IRON COBRA LOL ITS QUITE EXPENSIVE ;/ what ever feels best for you above 180$ ;D!

lol yeah the iron cobra....honestly it's not that good. It's just a name that sounds cool so everyone thinks it has to be good. Actually Tama made better models than this one ! The Yamaha and DW double-pedals are the best IMO

First time I've looked in this thread in about 10 months!!

I can't talk drums, I haven't whacked any skins properly since I was at college like 2 years ago!! I suck at it even more than what I did! XD

I got the emg-alx and put it and the booster in my rl600. It was a bitch because its solderless, but all the wires to the output jack are about 6 inches and the output jack on the wing is about a foot and a half away from the control cavity, so i ghettoly cut the wires to the output jack and twisted wires onto either end.

Previously I had just dropped the alx in for the h2. The alx was a little bit thinner on the top end and muddier than the h2, but had much better harmonics. Now with the mid booster it sounds quite a bit different. I'm also using a mxr eq before the preamp to boost 1khz to the max, but the resonance shift in the abx seems to alter the sound in a very different way than my eq pedal can. Setting resonance to the lowest frequency on the abx tends to give it a overly wah type hollow sound, while on the highest setting its overly thin. So the optimal for me anyways is somewhere in the middle, I haven't really figured out yet.

The booster seems to improve clarity a lot too, but sorta in the emg way, so I'm not sure how I feel about that.

If anyone wants to hear sound clips or whatever I can make a video, but I'm not sure how well my webcam mic would do.

does anyone know what shirt alexi is wearing on the stockholm knockout live dvd? it is not the same one available in the merchandise store.

any info/clear pics of the front and back greatly appreciated.

hey i want to know how to best use my BOSS me 70 to mimic alexis tone can somebody help me?????'

i have a 10 watt marshall combo..

Originally Posted by ShadowchildCOBHC
hey warheart what would be good pedals to mimic the cob sound ??

hey i want to know how to best use my BOSS me 70 to mimic alexis tone can somebody help me?????'

i have a 10 watt marshall combo..

:erk: