The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

hey does anybody know about alexis black jackson guitar, the one with gold hardware he uses at tuska 2003 on sixponunder... ive seen it a couple of times and im interested....

So i was playing around with my amp last night and got a pretty good tone, sounding kinda like...good. lol. Up until now i can admit my tone had been rather stock and just complied of a bunch of presets, but last night....epiphany. Does anyone in here use line 6 amps??? GOOD. Well i've got a 120 watt spider III and the tone is this....Red insane setting....drive at half way, bass and a little past half, mid almost all the way...about 80%, and treble all the way up. Reverb...is...like...5% although thats a personal thing. People should deff try this tone and tell me that you think.

does anyone talk about janne's setup in here?
I know the basics, korg x5d as a controllor for a module rack consisting of atleast a jv 2080 with orch expansion + american big muff distortion pedal for his lead. Thinking about getting a 2080, just curious to know how many of his sounds actually come directly from it?

hey does anybody know about alexis black jackson guitar, the one with gold hardware he uses at tuska 2003 on sixponunder... ive seen it a couple of times and im interested....

The guitar is a Custom Shop Jackson, and is black with green pinstripes.

He used it with Sinergy alot, an instructional video and a few photoshoots, aswell as his other Jackson guitars, like the 'WildChild' RR and 'Stone' RR.

When his WildChild and Stone RRs were stolen after a show, Jackson refused to rebuild him some replicas immediately, so he went to ESP, who did that for him instead. The songs 'Sixpounder' and 'Angels Don't Kill' on 2003's Hate Crew Deathroll are played in CGCFAD tuning, as opposed to D standard, like the rest, so because he only had one guitar available (I think), he used the green pinstriped Jackson to play those songs live, until another ESP RV was made.

:cool:

k71hh.jpg

ab194m.jpg

14mc7px.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys
im new to the forum, so pardon me if my post doesnt make all that much sense or it takes a day or two to respond to any pm's
ive got a perfect connection and a vht 2/50/2 that i no longer need...and i dont want to put it on ebay because i dont see a point in paying to sell something i already own. plus im pretty sure the rig would go to much better use from someone on here
IMG_0275.jpg
if anyone is interested, pm my account and ill get back to you asap

Based on the same synthesis engine, they have much the same sounds, the x5d has a few more though. 90 more multisounds, 51 more drum sounds, double the preset combinations, slightly more memory, and a better tone generator. Everything else is the same, so if you're just using it as a midi controller like janne does, then no worries. My X5D only cost me £100

Guys, I have a Jackson JE1000 copy for sale. It is from the first batch of these copies made on a particular Jackson guitars forum. These were all made by a professional using only the best components - no homemade stuff! It's the one I used to have in my Jackson Stars CS RR. 100% working.

EDIT: IT IS SOLD!!!!