The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Hey. Should I get the Korg X5 or the X5D. Whats the diff? Is it worth it? I could have an X5 for $150, but X5D's are like much more pricey.

I've got an X5d for sale...

1933fec3.jpg

hi guys, im selling all my gear. i nedd some advice on what to buy in replacement, im considering a VOX TONELAB ST (i previously had a BOSS ME 70) and i also consider a BOSS ME 25. :loco:
i plan on runnig that on the clean chanel of a ROLAND CUBE 80x, and the guitar ill buy is an EDWARDS AL 128, i also have an IBANEZ RG :p
i play metal and i like Children Of Bodoms tone a lot, i have a band a we play live sometimes, but i think well play live more often from now on...
i use wah, reverb, some delay and sometimes a bit of flanger, so i dont use much fx, i mainly play with distortion and reverb only.
if u have any suggestions, please :worship: make them and help me out :)
my budget is like 500 bucks for amp and fx..

hi guys, im selling all my gear. i nedd some advice on what to buy in replacement, im considering a VOX TONELAB ST (i previously had a BOSS ME 70) and i also consider a BOSS ME 25. :loco:
i plan on runnig that on the clean chanel of a ROLAND CUBE 80x, and the guitar ill buy is an EDWARDS AL 128, i also have an IBANEZ RG :p
i play metal and i like Children Of Bodoms tone a lot, i have a band a we play live sometimes, but i think well play live more often from now on...
i use wah, reverb, some delay and sometimes a bit of flanger, so i dont use much fx, i mainly play with distortion and reverb only.

What kind of Children of Bodom tone? They used like 2 or 3 different ones.

Pandora PX4D and go into Mitch's Youtube channel and try his settings. The closest you'll get without going into eBay to lurk for a GP1000 or an ADA MP1 for a similar sounding amp. And it's only around 100 euros.

Pandora PX4D and go into Mitch's Youtube channel and try his settings. The closest you'll get without going into eBay to lurk for a GP1000 or an ADA MP1 for a similar sounding amp. And it's only around 100 euros.

yeah i thought of that, but how do i change presets live with that??? is it possible?

I don't think that Mitch's tone is similar in any way with old COB's tone. :D

Not during your playing. There is no chance to connect the Korg with a food switch. And the Korg is no live effects-processor. It is great for home recordings and little rehearsal places

^Really? You don't think it shares that mid driven sparkling clear not too distorted qualities? Ofc it's not the same tone as it's not the GP1000, but the features are quite close imho.

yeah i thought of that, but how do i change presets live with that??? is it possible?

No. You didn't say you wanted to play live, you said you wanted to do home recordings and such. If you want to play live and record home and do all of it get a POD pedalboard. Can be used and changed live and can be connected to the PC and record with it and use Gearbox and such.

No. You didn't say you wanted to play live, you said you wanted to do home recordings and such. If you want to play live and record home and do all of it get a POD pedalboard. Can be used and changed live and can be connected to the PC and record with it and use Gearbox and such.

.. i have a band a we play live sometimes, but i think well play live more often from now on...

i did lol
cant you record with a multi fx? both of the multi fx pedals i mentioned have usb port and software....

is having the tube a pro or a con?? ive never used tubes, but ive heard u have to replace them and shit, and judging on other reviews, u can obtain same saund with boss me 25 and vox tonelab st, so why have to replace tubes and shit if ur gonna get same sound without em, ake any sense? correct me if im wrong..

Tube amps and do never ever sound like transistor amps.
And replacing them is not such a big thing and it takes time till you need to replace em.

Tube amps and do never ever sound like transistor amps.
And replacing them is not such a big thing and it takes time till you need to replace em.

its not an amp, its a multi fx pedal, :) and how much time aprox. does it take?

Depending on how your amp is biased (cold doesn't sound good, but it doesn't need to be overly hot either), you don't have to replace your tubes for a long time.

OK, I read almost all the gear pages and did a search, but I can't find info I'm after.

Does anyone one what gear was used to record the song Knuckle Duster, that was on the Trashed, Lost, & Strungout CD?

It came out right before or after AYDY, so I am assuming he used his sig guitar with the EMG-HZ, but I could be wrong.

Anyone have these answers? It's the only CD not listed on the 1st page.

Also, anyone notice that Bed of Nails was not on the new cover album? WTF?!?! That song is sick! Alice Cooper rocks!