The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

I have a complete backup for the old guitar section on Scythes Of Bodom with all those pics and stuff... Or at least for the last guitars. Have to look if I already have the older pics. If not I can ask Zarok for the pics. If anybody could tell me how to do a little homepage I can upload the complete guitar special thing from SOB again.

Do you think we could get the data from him to host it on another site?

If the guitar section is just html I may host it. My server doesn't support php and I dont know about mysql!

The real/most noticeable difference is between new and used strings. Between two new sets of strings installed on the same guitar you really don't feel the difference. I've tried that with the other player in my band (we both had the Ibanez RG350DX back in the day) and I used Dunlop and he used D'Addario and the difference when new wasn't noticeable. Maybe, and just maybe, when playing unplugged, but no difference when plugged into the amp.

a big factor in tone is the pick

^Agree with mitch! I bought a EQ pedal and it suprised me (im not after a ALEK C sound) with the versatility...it can get you pretty darn close ANY sound...including alexi's.

:lol:! I agree partly on that sigh but i think when we wanted a thread like this let's treat as such too! He atleast asked in the right thread :zombie:

how would you set it up to get alexis?

a big factor in tone is the pick

Seriously, shut up. You can't go asking for Alexi's spring setup one minute and going pick-expert the next. Yes, pick has a little bit of effect on tone (harder pick will sound stronger than the same strength applied with a thinner pick), but not even close to amp and cab, and probably hands. If you pick harder with a thinner pick and then pick like a gay with a super-thick pick, the thinner may end up sounding twice as balls.

Seriously, shut up. You can't go asking for Alexi's spring setup one minute and going pick-expert the next.

hey i didnt say im a pick expert, chill
just to my experience thinner picks sound better
.Now this i s going pick-expert:

Yes, pick has a little bit of effect on tone (harder pick will sound stronger than the same strength applied with a thinner pick), but not even close to amp and cab, and probably hands. If you pick harder with a thinner pick and then pick like a gay with a super-thick pick, the thinner may end up sounding twice as balls.

For me, thinner picks are better for fast alternate picking and string jumps because a thinner pick flick easier from one string to another but thats just my opinion. but I prefer thicker picks at all. but a pick dont effect the tone

See, I always find thicker picks better. I really like my 1.14mm tortex sharps.

The thin ones always "flick" too much (as Arcane calles it......good description BTW) for my tastes. Plus I hold the pick at quite an angle so the thicker it is the longer it lasts, and it makes my tone like sooper brootalz!!!

I don't prefer either thick or thin, I like it medium. Of course thicker would be better for rhythm playing but for solos I would prefer thinner, not über-thin though. And lower strings are hellish with a thin pick.

I don't prefer either thick or thin, I like it medium. Of course thicker would be better for rhythm playing but for solos I would prefer thinner, not über-thin though. And lower strings are hellish with a thin pick.

Agree'd.

That's why I can't use thin picks. I just can't dig into the heavy strings like I like to do. I guess you could say I am a pretty hard picker when it comes to rhythm playing.

i use dunlop ultex 73 mm, perfect for my purposes, i havent tried the jazz pick though, i may end up liking them ..

The Jazz picks are so damn small for me.

Its like trying to pick with a pointy dime. it gets lost in my fingers or just goes shooting out and gets lost.