The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

The peavey beats the rocktron 100 to death, the rocktron 300 or 250 might be in the same category, but the 100 one os just a solid state amplifier with volume knobs for each channel and nothing more. One sound and nothing less, while on the others you can control the bass and the treble frequencies as well. Buy the peavey, its the best deal for the prize!

but the sound its too rich of bass!...i cant setup the reactance knob..:hotjump:

Just put less bass from your gp1000. And put the reactance knob at 12 o'clock and adjust to taste. Use your ears instead of trying to copy the bodom sound

Oh well, if you insist on selling it I would buy it if the price is reasonable:p

thanks all, but i set my gp-1000 less bass,but the sound its ok up to 5 string, but the last string the sound is orrible maybe wrong set my intellifex input/output knobs...someone knows something about setup intelliffex in/out?? thanks :))

This guy is full of Alexi rack :eek:

There is:

Lee Jackson Gp-1000
Sansamp PSA-1
Rocktron Intellifex Blackface
RSP 2400
31-Band EQ
Lee Jackson SP-1000
Marshall JCM900 Cab

(and ofcourse the ESP Alexi STD Katakana)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want to tell you that I've swapped the J-50BC with my EMG HZ-H4 and it sounds soooooo much better. The tone is less crunchy yet which is the only thing what I don't really like but the overall tone is much cleaner, with less noise and it has much more power. I didn't expect much but HZ-H4 + Je-1000 is the best combination I've ever had.

I just want to tell you that I've swapped the J-50BC with my EMG HZ-H4 and it sounds soooooo much better. The tone is less crunchy yet which is the only thing what I don't really like but the overall tone is much cleaner, with less noise and it has much more power. I didn't expect much but HZ-H4 + Je-1000 is the best combination I've ever had.

That's probably the tone of "Trashed, lost and Strungout" which is the best ESP tone Alexi ever had/has. The H4 has more output than H2 and J-50bc and the signature mic. Plus better clarity as the emg 81.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyp5IqP7mQ8&list=FLOJ_2gq9tmLA1_KnL_U2xPg&index=12&feature=plpp_video[/ame]

This is THE BEST alexi tone ever!! ;))

That's probably the tone of "Trashed, lost and Strungout" which is the best ESP tone Alexi ever had/has. The H4 has more output than H2 and J-50bc and the signature mic. Plus better clarity as the emg 81.

Yes, the tone has more clarity and is more aggressiv. I will upload some new stuff within the next I think.

And yes, I think Trashed has the best rythm tone but nothing beats Alexis lead tone on RRF. It's easily the best tone I've ever heard from any guitarist in the world. I wish he would re-record the ETID solo with this tone.

Edit: Anyone wants to buy my J-50BC?

Yes, the tone has more clarity and is more aggressiv. I will upload some new stuff within the next I think.

And yes, I think Trashed has the best rythm tone but nothing beats Alexis lead tone on RRF. It's easily the best tone I've ever heard from any guitarist in the world. I wish he would re-record the ETID solo with this tone

he used the emg alx and blackstar amps in rff. maybe lee jackson too

Don't know about the amp but I know he used the GP-1000. I'm not really sure about the pickup. If you compare the tone of his newer instructional vids with his actual live tone or the tone on RRF there is a different as day and night. I really want to hear him playing with my setup.

Alexi used gp-1000 doubling with blackstar series one 200w on RRF and roope engl e530 doubling with the blackstar. On the instruction vids Alexi uses ada mp-1 doubling with rocktron prophesy 2 and mesa 2:90 poweramp. Live nowdays Alexi engl e570 and roope 2x e530 but im not sure of the live tone, but after looking at roopes rack and interviews it seems most likely.

Alexi used gp-1000 doubling with blackstar series one 200w on RRF and roope engl e530 doubling with the blackstar. On the instruction vids Alexi uses ada mp-1 doubling with rocktron prophesy 2 and mesa 2:90 poweramp. Live nowdays Alexi engl e570 and roope 2x e530 but im not sure of the live tone, but after looking at roopes rack and interviews it seems most likely.

na, both use e530. i asked engl