The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

thank Rune!! you have a great job!!..you have facebook? so we can talk freely on the tone of alexi? ;))

lets go private and take of our clothes is what i read here. you dirty bastard

about the resistance in the je: My je-1000 has loads of gain imo and its built after the same schematic as everybody elses copies. And theres even more resistance because first its going thru the 500 k volume pot and then into a pedal with the je in it with a 50 k one

I also believe that my Je-1000 has a max. of 20db because the gain is definitely not less than it was with my MM-04 and PA-2. At least it sounds like it has the same maximum of db. But I'll give my guitar on monday or tuesday to my guitar tech to change the j-50bc with my old hz-h4 and I will ask him if he could tell me how much the je-1000 has

I also believe that my Je-1000 has a max. of 20db because the gain is definitely not less than it was with my MM-04 and PA-2. At least it sounds like it has the same maximum of db. But I'll give my guitar on monday or tuesday to my guitar tech to change the j-50bc with my old hz-h4 and I will ask him if he could tell me how much the je-1000 has

Why would you change back man :p the bc slays the hz times a thousand imo :p

This is what I'm trying to find out. The J-50BC sounds only good with the JE-1000. It's a really weak pickup but the HZ-H4 has a cleaner and more aggressiv tone which I really liked. Let's see how it sounds.
I will record a short audio track with the J-50BC and then the same with the HZ-H4, upload it here and then you can decide which combination sounds better

This is what I'm trying to find out. The J-50BC sounds only good with the JE-1000. It's a really weak pickup but the HZ-H4 has a cleaner and more aggressiv tone which I really liked. Let's see how it sounds.
I will record a short audio track with the J-50BC and then the same with the HZ-H4, upload it here and then you can decide which combination sounds better

What about the j50bc with the mm-04?

Well the main issue with the GP-1000 is gain and clarity, the mod should fix that. Tone on the other hand should be as it is, unless you modded an early 87 model which have completely different components in the mid and treble department. Some articles online should describe what needs to be replaced. Just type GP-1000 in google search and you'll find the two "back in the rack" articles which you probably know about.
Other then that, get the mail address to this tech in Finland and ask him what he did to the COB GP-1000s and when he did it. Getting his email shouldn't be that hard now that we got his name.

Btw, my guess is that the GP-1000 was modded before the HCDR tour to raise the gain level at lower volumes to help the EMG-HZ H4 shine through. (even with the Boss SD as boost).

I have one of the first 1000 gp1000 made (870083) and a transition model (870333) a buddy has a 88 model as well.

It has 1 different bass and 1 mid cap, hardly different Components besides the extra gain stage in the 88.

True dat, maybe you should try fooling around with the gain (; loads of power with the gain on and i remember you saying that you didnt use the gain but only the tone mod. Really weak without gain imo. I mean just take a listen to Mitch's JE-1000 test, thats one of the most in your face tones ive ever heard :p

My tone is good for a £90 effects processor, but yeah compared to a real amp, it's crap. Never bothered with real amps though, I don't play live or loud at home so it'll never change. I just play for the fun of it so I'm not going to waste money on 4x12 Marshall cabs, hence why I sold the GP-1000.

My tone is good for a £90 effects processor, but yeah compared to a real amp, it's crap. Never bothered with real amps though, I don't play live or loud at home so it'll never change. I just play for the fun of it so I'm not going to waste money on 4x12 Marshall cabs, hence why I sold the GP-1000.

first arcane: okay, wow well different taste :p i mean i much prefer the sound of a real tube amp in real life, hence why I have one - but for recorded tones mitches on for example angels dont kill is one of my all time favorites. Beats alot of tones recorded on tube amp and what not imo :p

the world would be boring if we all agreed tho (; Ull gladly keep the j-50bc tone to myself haha :p

mitch: it makes me bleed internally to know how much practice and time went into your skill and that you wont play live :p of course, its all about what makes you happy but damn :p

I don't even remember what I used for Angels Don't Kill haha, I think that's the video with the weird camera?

But I think it's the effort required to get something started that I can't be bothered with, if there was an existing band I'd probably join but then it might not be music I'm into and I suck at writing so it's not going to work. :p

God, if you can't get the bodom sound with that equipment the sp-1000 wont help anything! It's less versatile than the velocity 250! Buy a Boss SD if you lack gain!!

:lol:

perché sei sempre così incazzato, l'uomo con la coda poco? hai offeso nessuno, fino ad ora cazzo faccia

just ordered a je1000 copy from ebay.. I wonder how it will sound on my ibanez...

Depends on the pickups and the wood :p on some pickups you cant really hear anything but the gain, I first installed it in my warmoth with a duncan screamin demon and tonewise there was hardly any difference. With the j-50bc it does alot in a lighter guitar like something with an alder body and maple neck with preferably maple or ebony fretboard.

On a guitar with a mahogany body, like my friend has, it does nothing except for the gain of course. The mahogany just swallos those high mids somehow :p

But if your ibanez is a standard rg its usually light enough sounding and with some pickups you can hear the je. But the only one in my experience that really works is the j-50bc (maybe some of the other jackson pups will work too :p its just that the ones with more output has more bass and less hi-mid which is the frequency the je boosts)