The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

My very early 87. 870027

Has no footswitch jack

P1000994.jpg

ANd my transitional 87 which looks almost identical to my buddies 88 besides the extra board for the tube sockets.

P1000990.jpg

I was going to make my own schematics but eh, I can take high quality pictures and let someone trace it out. that wouldn't be hard at all. then just writing down all the values.

I think I prefer the 86. I want an 88 but the 87 transition sounds very similar.

Both are loaded with groove tubes but who knows how old they are at this point.

now that i remember mine does have footswitch, which type of footswitch will work on the lee jackson? it would be very useful for me because i play lots of clean and the gp1000 has great cleans

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Schematics-Instrument-Amplifier-Effects/dp/1575604469/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1323688268&sr=8-8[/ame]

Complete Schematics: Instrument Amplifier and Effects Schematics [Paperback] ; by Lee Jackson

here you can listen to what sounds like a modded Lee Jackson GP-1000.[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orRgTrjU2-c&feature=g-upl&context=G27e9c54AUAAAAAAAAAA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orRgTrjU2-c&feature=g-upl&context=G27e9c54AUAAAAAAAAAA[/ame]

Hi guys, I am looking for Je1000 booster. I remember like one or two guys on the thread are selling their home-made JE1000, but can't remember who they are now. Does anyone know those people selling JE1000 copy? thanks~~ btw did anyone try those JE1000 copies before? How was it??

I actually got a mm04 in my jackson stars. I am curently making my own guitars, so I need more of them. however, mm04 is too expensive, just want to save some money by using JE1000. or maybe I should just get a EMG ABQ?? any suggesstions for me? thanks again~~

Hi guys, I am looking for Je1000 booster. I remember like one or two guys on the thread are selling their home-made JE1000, but can't remember who they are now. Does anyone know those people selling JE1000 copy? thanks~~ btw did anyone try those JE1000 copies before? How was it??

I actually got a mm04 in my jackson stars. I am curently making my own guitars, so I need more of them. however, mm04 is too expensive, just want to save some money by using JE1000. or maybe I should just get a EMG ABQ?? any suggesstions for me? thanks again~~

Well I was kinda mass producing them, but since I don't live in the same city anymore, I can't craft them. That other guy will overcharge you. I remember he sold em for like $80 or something. While mine were at about 20 euro.

ok, thanks.

This is just a theory or some speculation of mine that I came across in research on jcfonline and with my own guitar preamps.

I'm pretty sure the JE-1000 copies and then I mean all of them are made with a wrong component. I believe the gain trim pot should be a 25k ohm one like the mm-04 and not a 10k ohm one like it says in the fan made schematics. The abq have a 10k ohm one but the input pot is just 25k on that one. What this means is that the Je-1000 copies has only around half of the output of the other two preamps, and that is even below the gain settings alexi uses!

For people that use other amplifiers than the gp-1000 this wont be a issue, but since the gp 1000 lacks gain it comes off as weak even with the je-1000 copies on full.

I do not own any original je 1000 to test with, but I do got a JE-1200 and it is said to be 6db max boost, while the original je-1000 should be 20db (mm04=18, abq=20db) the copies of the je-1000 seems only slight gainier than the je-1200 on full. And I have three different copies and they're all too weak.

Anyone with a real je-1000 that could test the output?