The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Depends on the pickups and the wood :p on some pickups you cant really hear anything but the gain, I first installed it in my warmoth with a duncan screamin demon and tonewise there was hardly any difference. With the j-50bc it does alot in a lighter guitar like something with an alder body and maple neck with preferably maple or ebony fretboard.

On a guitar with a mahogany body, like my friend has, it does nothing except for the gain of course. The mahogany just swallos those high mids somehow :p

But if your ibanez is a standard rg its usually light enough sounding and with some pickups you can hear the je. But the only one in my experience that really works is the j-50bc (maybe some of the other jackson pups will work too :p its just that the ones with more output has more bass and less hi-mid which is the frequency the je boosts)

Well my ibanez is basswood body, maple neck and maple fretboard and it has the stock v8(neck)/v7(bridge). I also have a couple of jackson pickups that I bought 2 years ago but never got the chance to use them. I guess I'll experiment a bit to find the best combination, I really like the wah effect it gives

Well my ibanez is basswood body, maple neck and maple fretboard and it has the stock v8(neck)/v7(bridge). I also have a couple of jackson pickups that I bought 2 years ago but never got the chance to use them. I guess I'll experiment a bit to find the best combination, I really like the wah effect it gives

The maple fretboard/neck should help a lot. Basswood has loads of mids and not so much highs and bass, so that should work okay too.
There is a chance that just keeping the ibby stock will have an effect, but its still not for sure. Experiment you shall :p

What jackson p-ups do you have?

I plan buying a power amp (new/not secondhand). I have thought about the Rocktron Velocity 100, good idea or not?

Would rather go for some used peavey 50/50, but since you want a new unit and your budjet doesnt allow 400-1000 dollars it's probably a safe bet with rhe rocktron.

i have a rocktron velocity 250 the same used by alexi in old time...but the sound is not good...its more rich of low and poor of treeble......how is the tone of the peavey 50/50 ??

The maple fretboard/neck should help a lot. Basswood has loads of mids and not so much highs and bass, so that should work okay too.
There is a chance that just keeping the ibby stock will have an effect, but its still not for sure. Experiment you shall :p

What jackson p-ups do you have?

A j50bc, a j80c and a j95. The j50bc looks kinda ugly cause the poles are covered with rust and the j95's metal bars are black(??)
And they are all without the covers

i have a rocktron velocity 250 the same used by alexi in old time...but the sound is not good...its more rich of low and poor of treeble......how is the tone of the peavey 50/50 ??

It's rich of low and treble but lacks a little mid tone such as the engl and vht power amps, but they cost at least 1000 bucks.

I have found $ 250! .. you say that the tone is more similar than the velocity 250?

Dude, you've got one of the best engl amp there is, that alone would give you a better mid filled tone! Use the damn top as poweramp by connecting the gp-1000 to the effects return input! Would probably be even better than most poweramps out there!
But yeah the 50/50 gives you a more modern bodom sound than the velocity 250, but if you really want more mids, get the JE-1000 instead of the mm-04 which is really weak on mid range.

Would rather go for some used peavey 50/50, but since you want a new unit and your budjet doesnt allow 400-1000 dollars it's probably a safe bet with rhe rocktron.

I'm not against the fact to buy used power amp but I can't find one easily. There isn't Rocktron 100, 250, .. in secondhand. I knew for the peavey 50/50 but didn't check on the internet. I can't buy on every site, so after checking, I've found used Peavey in France , one for 250 € so with the shipping it will be something like 325€. I don't know if it is still a good deal. There are two others but one for 280 & 310 € without the shipping. (By the way I can get the Rocktron Velocity 100 for 258 € (free shipping))

Yeah well I've wanted a Gibson Les Paul since I was a little girl. But nobody cares what I want. I'm not allowed to have what I want. I have to buy shit other people want and give it away. and nobody ever asks for a fucking Les Paul either. fucking sucks.

so be happy about your rusty pick-ups. at least you are allowed to play guitar. I had to scream and kick just to play flute, and I got in trouble for that eventually too.

try $2500 unless we're talking the studio model which runs under $1000... le sigh for Les Paul

you know when I went to buy my last flute that was $4500 my dad was there and he was all 'Why don't you just buy a Les Paul- it's cheaper' and I had to be all 'Well, now I'm a flute player. I'd have to actually learn to play guitar. Perhaps you should have considered that guitars are generally cheaper when you declined to let me learn guitar.' To which he replied that he would take my trust fund away. But I was already 18. Caught lots of shit over cashing out that trust fund in a down economy, but that is when I started college. Had to have something worth playing. You know something that is easier to play in tune.

and now I've had to sell that flute back (at a loss of course because it was just shy of ten years which is how long you have to hold on to an instrument like that for it to return to original sales value) so now it's paired off with a new headjoint with a platinum riser for $8800.

oh well. I'm just a prep cook now. Been waiting for that white night too long. Doesn't seem to be happening.

little girls dreams crumble and burn, and we have to accept that we're never going to be allowed to do the best we can do. that's just some shit they sell you in school.

but hey, let's get back to talking about your shitty gear.

Interesting story... I get what you mean but still I'm a bit like.. "ok:err:" :lol:

if i sell my lee jackson gp-1000 in VERY good shape how much would you give? im from portugal

As I have already bought you your LTD I would give you 200€ (as I already got a Lee Jackson GP-1000:err:) ! :D
Hmm I think you should ask 400€ in first time, or less (surely not more).

i know but i sell my engl amp because it wass too powerfull, i understand but i dont find the je-1000 anywhere..do you know more info where to find it?

Or you could try to make one yourself :p bought all my parts from china, the etching boards from england in a bundle and I can make almost as much as I want for like 50$ which is what it costs.

@motorbreath: Yeah alot of the older jackson pups looks kinda beat up without covers. just get a cheap plastic cover and glue it on with a glue gun and youre good to go (; or you can make it look more like a paf if you feel like doing the waxing process :p

@Kaiso - I totally get where youre coming from, not all of us are blessed with the backing from home and that can be very destructive. Especially if they cant help you out economically, in some countries (cough USA) you can basically be f'ed almost no matter how much you want it.
Still, if you're totally set on music as being the thing you want to do, I'd still believe in it (; its never to late to turn your life around, your life is not the past nor the future - your life is and will be defined by what you do now :)

Or you could try to make one yourself :p bought all my parts from china, the etching boards from england in a bundle and I can make almost as much as I want for like 50$ which is what it costs.

@motorbreath: Yeah alot of the older jackson pups looks kinda beat up without covers. just get a cheap plastic cover and glue it on with a glue gun and youre good to go (; or you can make it look more like a paf if you feel like doing the waxing process :p

@Kaiso - I totally get where youre coming from, not all of us are blessed with the backing from home and that can be very destructive. Especially if they cant help you out economically, in some countries (cough USA) you can basically be f'ed almost no matter how much you want it.
Still, if you're totally set on music as being the thing you want to do, I'd still believe in it (; its never to late to turn your life around, your life is not the past nor the future - your life is and will be defined by what you do now :)

Nah, Ill just put a cover on it,i'm too bored to wax :p

I'm not against the fact to buy used power amp but I can't find one easily. There isn't Rocktron 100, 250, .. in secondhand. I knew for the peavey 50/50 but didn't check on the internet. I can't buy on every site, so after checking, I've found used Peavey in France , one for 250 € so with the shipping it will be something like 325€. I don't know if it is still a good deal. There are two others but one for 280 & 310 € without the shipping. (By the way I can get the Rocktron Velocity 100 for 258 € (free shipping))

Waiting for an answer.