The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

All the Marshall stacks are off and Alexi's Rack is very visible at multipe times during this video.
Back then it consisted of:
Samson Wireless
GP-1000 (updated and cap modded by Lee Jackson)
Rocktron Intellifex Online (USA version)
Rocktron Velocity 250

Alexi has not been micing his main on stage cabinet for this tour, and is instead having a separate amp which runs a better cab and it's louder backstage. They had problems with picking up the drums on the on stage cab mics.

I thought Roope was using the last jvm as poweramp for his rig, but he is still doing the engl/vht combo. Not much info, but it cleared up some things.

Thank you!

1463927_593035117433980_1227421677_n.jpg

From Soundi facebook - 6 hours ago

I'm quite confused about the use of COB of Engl Preamps! what I see in the picture is the E530 but I've heard they've used E570!

so does anyone know any specific details about this?

Everybody thought so a couple of years ago, but since then a lot of pictures from studio and live performances has surfaced, and none of them has included an e570. The closest you'll get to that is when Alexi tried the ENGL SE head on EMG TV since the e570 is the preamp of the ENGL SE. I can't say he's never played an e570, but at least not on RRF or what we know of live. Roope used a e840/50 as poweramp live a period after RRF and Alexi did as well on FTR and with Sinergy, also live. (Plus a Savage on Beware the heavens).

Edit:
I don't really like either the ENGL or the JVM on record, but sometimes live they work out quite well. 2203KK was garbage both live and record, at least through my ears.

Everybody thought so a couple of years ago, but since then a lot of pictures from studio and live performances has surfaced, and none of them has included an e570. The closest you'll get to that is when Alexi tried the ENGL SE head on EMG TV since the e570 is the preamp of the ENGL SE. I can't say he's never played an e570, but at least not on RRF or what we know of live. Roope used a e840/50 as poweramp live a period after RRF and Alexi did as well on FTR and with Sinergy, also live. (Plus a Savage on Beware the heavens).

Edit:
I don't really like either the ENGL or the JVM on record, but sometimes live they work out quite well. 2203KK was garbage both live and record, at least through my ears.

thanks for the info! so if Roope uses E530 does it mean that it sounds somehow like gp1000?

by the way I would love to know about the gear Alexi used on this show!

I just love his tone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZihX0K3VrSU

GP-1000 is much clearer and mid driven than e530, the original that is, Alexis gp-1000 with the last mods beyond 2003 mudded the signal a bit, but still kept it clearer. Also Alexis GP have as much gain as e530. The original doesn't, by far, it is barely a hard-rock amp on full power. With that said e630 could be tweaked a bit to sound good, but it really is as well as the GP-1000 a one trick pony (original). The EQ doesn't really matter much and thing is quite stale. But I have the e530, and at least with tube driven power amps it sound very muddy and undefined in the middle department, luckily they included two mid EQ's for tweaking it out.

Her most defiantly used his e530 + fryette 2/90/2 combo there. Okay tone, little bit muddy, not as clear as old days, but still better than the sharpness of their present sound.

Anyone have experience with Jackson RRMG or RRTMG? You can find these for like $400 used with some negligible ding on the corner. I've been looking for another guitar for some standard tuning stuff, but I don't want to deal with a shitty guitar. It's made in indonesia so that's a little troubling, but the specs are really nice.

I owned an RRMG for 3 years and used it when I had a band a few years ago. It's a pretty good guitar but with a shitty FR. The guitar has a good tone, is light, no neck diving... Pretty good guitar. You can't do anything with it. And when I bought it ( anew model) I paid almost 700 or 800€ for it. So 400 dollars is a pretty good deal

I owned an RRMG for 3 years and used it when I had a band a few years ago. It's a pretty good guitar but with a shitty FR. The guitar has a good tone, is light, no neck diving... Pretty good guitar. You can't do anything with it. And when I bought it ( anew model) I paid almost 700 or 800€ for it. So 400 dollars is a pretty good deal

Yeah I don't want to get the floyd version. I love playing my Floyd guitars, but dealing with them is a pain in the ass. I'm looking at the silverburst with the string through design. The pickguard is kind of lame, but I'm a sucker for most 'burst' color designs. It's gonna be so nice to just drop tune in 2 seconds flat again for home playing.

Rather buy my RR stars with kahler tremolo ;-) for 550 ;-)

What?

Oh jesus leaked image of new Jackson guitars coming

1486779_10151768249991744_515977395_n.jpg

That yellow and black RR looks sexy, especially because of the pearl inlays. ...and then there's the pink one, which is pretty ugly to me.

Yeah I don't want to get the floyd version. I love playing my Floyd guitars, but dealing with them is a pain in the ass. I'm looking at the silverburst with the string through design. The pickguard is kind of lame, but I'm a sucker for most 'burst' color designs. It's gonna be so nice to just drop tune in 2 seconds flat again for home playing.

What?

Yeah I got too many guitars and the stars one is the one I can afford letting go for around 550-600 USD.
its all black, frontloaded, great condition and modified with J-80 and J-50bc with JE-1000 ebay clone (the best clone dus far, twcc might beat it soon enough). Model number Jackson RR Stars J2K
pm for pictures