The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

he only uses the USA alexi's once in a blue moon...its about money like someone else said.

Yeah but USA Alexi guitar's were solely made for the purpose that people in US could get Alexi Signatures when the japanese are not available. That's why he is not using it..I doubt the USA version/shape would exist if it wasn't for Jackson lawsuit. So that's not really a good argument on that....

A pickup signature is a whole different thing. I am however speculating that they will start putting those EMG HZ-ALX and ABQ boosters into some of his signature models...then they don't have to get MM-04 boosters which will undoubtedly cost shitload of money for EMG AND ESP to get so I am sure EMG would be more benefited of a signature model coming out from 1 brand which it already has alot of dealings with.

Thanks a lot! :D

The mic set I got has some of the same mics, i5 D6 and D4. Audix is probably one of the most popular brand of drum mics, and the D6 is the best sounding kick mic for rock/metal in a lot of people's opinions. The "inside" micing technique is pretty interesting. I haven't tried the i5 on guitar cabs yet but it is supposed to be a little brighter and less honky then a SM57.

oh and the GP-1000 is alive again, gotta pick it up tomorrow

Nice to know about your GP1000, congrats :kickass:

TRIPLE POST

GP-1000 on eBay. Lower 48 US states only :)mad::mad::mad:!!!!!!!!!)

Buy it now: $499 USD.

Used, but in great shape. Works great. This is the model preamp used by Children Of Bodom (Alexi Laiho), and also used by Zakk Wylde (No Rest.. and live initially) among others. Several vids on YouTube by other owners also, and it has been discussed quite extensively on the CoB section of the Ultimate Metal forums.
Serial number begins with "88."

We're famoose you guise:D

But..

I will ONLY ship in the lower 48 of the USA.

:(

It's too bad that if you want one for Bodom/Alexi tone, you'd have to get it modded by Lee Jackson too.

At least if you want to be tr00.

Yeah but USA Alexi guitar's were solely made for the purpose that people in US could get Alexi Signatures when the japanese are not available. That's why he is not using it..I doubt the USA version/shape would exist if it wasn't for Jackson lawsuit. So that's not really a good argument on that....

you pretty much just repeated what i said....they made them so people in the US could get them....so they could make money off of them....and of course the shape came about because of the lawsuit, they knew it would sell in the US because it says "alexi laiho" on it,not because he actually uses it

you pretty much just repeated what i said....they made them so people in the US could get them....so they could make money off of them....and of course the shape came about because of the lawsuit, they knew it would sell in the US because it says "alexi laiho" on it,not because he actually uses it

Yeah, how selfish and money mongering of a company to provide a guitar unlike anything else they offered in the US before. One, with the exception of a slightly different body shape, just like the model offered everywhere else.

How greedy of them to try and be fair like that, damn them. Damn them to hell.

Hey guys, can somebody make gold hardware on this guitar with photoshop? I need it for an guitar section update on SOB. Thx!
2llfrqv.jpg

And does anybody know where I can get a pic of the ESP Alexi-Blacky RV? But it must be a front-view pic like all the other guitar pics on SOB. It doesn't matter if the background isn't black...

BTW, I was thinking today about the Alexi borrowing Roope's guitar thing that has gone over this green pinstriped Jackson, and I supose I'm not the first one to think this and that you may think I'm dumb posting this now, but seeing pics over the net to me it seems pretty obvious that Alexi did indeed borrow one of Roope's Jacksons for a Sinergy tour, but it was the Iommi crosses one. The green beveled has always been Alexi's property (or at least no evidence has been proven this wrong till the point). May be my bad memory but I don't recall seeing this said the last times we've discussed about the guitar, so I thought I'd post it just in case :)