The concerts thread

I saw motherfucking Napalm Death on Friday. They were so fucking awesome, and the pit was so god damn brutal. It was filled with pit bulls and it spanned almost the entire floor. Very possible that they were the best band I have ever seen live. Surprisingly enough, Devil Driver put on a hell of a show too, kept the pit going, although with not as many pit bulls. They're only about a 6 as far as music goes, but definitely a quality show from them.

Next concert is Thursday, I'm gonna see See You Next Tuesday, should be pretty good, but no pit so not that great.
Then on Sunday it's Nile and Suicide Silence!

Went to a Metalcore show tonight that most people here would hate. Went to see See You Next Tuesday, and they were good amongst their technical difficulties (Mic cord kept messing up). Beneath the Massacre, surprisingly put on the best show, though.

The highlight of the night, though, was the fight I got into. So, we're in the front moshing because we couldn't rid the pit of slam dancers. Since I couldn't help myself, and I'm just a general asshole, I was making fun of all of them in front of their faces in between all the bands. So when one of them gets angry during Beneath the Massacre because I was laughing at them, he throws a leg into my back, and acts like it was an accident. So I turn around and throw him to the ground, he gets up and an exchange of words occurs which ends in him throwing a punch, which I ducked, followed by me hitting him in the stomach and then I just started hitting him in the face. The security pulls me aside calms me down,and then DOESN'T throw me out. I was thoroughly amazed. He said I was just defending myself.

So, basically, I beat the shit out of a slam dancer with no consequences.

BEST. CONCERT. EVER.

Saw Immortal last night. Was slightly disappointed but that was mainly because of the absolutely atrocious sound, it was near impossible to pick out the riffs for pretty much the whole night, just one big wall of noise. But they put on a good show and the fire breathing was cool. Abbath is one seriously funny guy. Horgh is fucking huge.

So today I saw Dark Dranquillity.
So great. Those guys definitely kick asses. They are so easy going and down to the earth. Mikael's vocals are amazing live.
They are also great at cheering the public up, it's important.

Their live show is pretty amazing from my experience, but they didn't play any clean-vocal songs (all they played from Projector was "The Sun Fired Blanks").

Setlist:

1. Terminus (Where death is most alive) (Fiction, 2007)
2. The Lesser Faith (Fiction, 2007)
3. The Treason Wall (Damage Done, 2002)
4. The Wonders at Your Feet (Haven, 2000)
5. Lost to Apathy (Character, 2005)
6. Hedon (The Mind's I, 1996)
7. Inside the Particle Storm (Fiction, 2007)
8. The Endless Feed (Character, 2005)
9. Focus Shift (Fiction, 2007)
10. Icipher (Fiction, 2007)
11. Misery's Crown (Fiction, 2007)
12. Punish My Heaven (The Gallery, 2005)
13. Damage Done (Damage Done, 2002)
14. Therein (Projector, 1999)
15. Blind At Heart (Fiction, 2007)
16. My Negation (Character, 2005)
17. Final Resistance (Damage Done, 2002)
18. Lethe (The Gallery, 2005)
19. The New Build (Character, 2005)

Misery's Crown is partly with clean vox, and it kicks my ass.

I love the way you guys are like went to see dark Tranquility Immortal like its not big deal I'd kill to see those guys.
And why does Dark Tranquility not play Cathode Ray Sunshine its my favorite song by them and many people would say the same.
I'm going to see Dream Theater and Opeth with Between the Buried(gay) and Me and 3(gay)

Saw In Flames, Megadeth, Children Of Bodom, High On Fire, Job For A Cowboy, Behemoth, Shadows Fall, Monstrosity, As Blood Runs Black, Vital Remains, and Kataklysm over the weekend and they all kicked ass. I also saw the following bands that really sucked: The Acacia Strain, Through The Eyes Of The Dead, Despised Icon, and Animosity

Last night I saw Betzefer. They're and Israeli metalcore band, so the music wasn't that good, but they put on a great show (despite the nearly non-existant crowd) and it was pretty fun overall.