The concerts thread

Vader are a superb band playing live :kickass:

Saw them in March, they opened for Marduk. Also a great show, but they could use a second guitar, and get a better drummer to replace Emil Dragutinovic.

Yeah they were good. Better than the last 2 times I've seen them actually.

Saw Anaal Nathrakh/Ramasses last night. Anaal Nathrakh were amazing. ;o

Very disappointed by last nights KOK/Behemoth/Dimmu show. KOK was really good, Behemoth were ok, but Dimmu's overall sound was so fucking THIN. I don't think it was entirely the soundmans fault either. They seemed bored up there. Probably my last Dimmu show. The only cool thing was my girlfriend bought me the ticket for my birthday last week.

Saw Rush on the 3rd. Setlist could have been better but still good. Seeing Maiden on the 28th.

Just bought my ticket to see Megadeth on June 6th.

Their new stuff sucks, but the shows are always worth the money, especially for the classic songs. Guess this will be my third time (last one was in 2005, great show, Apocalyptica opened for them).

I just found out Hole In The Sky (top notch acoustic Sabbath tribute) is going to be performing at a bar very close to my house next month for free. Seeing these guys in a small local bar and having a couple beers on a Friday night is going to be sextecularly awefuckingsome.

I already posted about it in the social forum, but I suppose it would be appropriate to repost here.

I was at the Candlemass show in NYC last night and it was fucking sick. I was right up front and center. The setlist was fucking amazing:

The Well of Souls
Mirror, Mirror
Solitude
Emperor of the Void
Devil Seed
Dark are the Veils of Death
Crystal Ball
Of Stars and Smoke
A Sorcerer's Pledge

Encore:
Black Dwarf
Samarithan

Robert Lowe, in particular, was fucking awesome. There was a quiet moment between songs, and someone yelled "Messiah Who?", then people started chanting "Messiah sucks!". I think Lowe probably enjoyed that. You know, I almost didn't want to hear him sing Samarithan because I didn't think anyone could come close to how Messiah sang it, but he fucking nailed it.

Cryptopsy, Decrepit Birth, Emeth, Unmerciful etc on the 7th of Juuuuuune. ;< This is the longest I've been without gigs in ages.

I just saw the Prog Nation show probably the best concert I have ever been to. Dream Theater was unbelievably good in every aspect. Three was surprisingly almost equally as amazing(the 2 drummers were great)Opeth was solid, and Between the Buried and me was surprisingly decent that new album they have isn't as bad as their other ones.
I'm going to see Summer Slaughter, At the Gates with Municipal waster:puke: and Darkest hour:puke:,Sonata Arctica Nightwish:headbang:,and Helloween and Gamma ray:kickass: