The concerts thread

Robert Lowe, in particular, was fucking awesome. There was a quiet moment between songs, and someone yelled "Messiah Who?", then people started chanting "Messiah sucks!". I think Lowe probably enjoyed that. You know, I almost didn't want to hear him sing Samarithan because I didn't think anyone could come close to how Messiah sang it, but he fucking nailed it.

Sorry, but that is a pretty ridiculous fucking thing for Candlemass "fans" to be chanting.

Sorry, but that is a pretty ridiculous fucking thing for Candlemass "fans" to be chanting.

I disagree. Messiah was an incredible singer and recorded three classic records with Candlemass, but his poor attitude got him kicked out of the band not once, but twice. Messiah Marcolin is a pretty tough act to follow, but Robert Lowe has done such an awesome job with Candlemass that it's pretty tough to miss Messiah and his bullshit. Half of their set consisted of songs originally recorded with Messiah- including Samarithan, which I feel fit his voice perfectly- and Lowe nailed them all.

I don't think anyone was chanting that out of disdain for Messiah. Everyone was just amazed at what an amazing job Robert Lowe has done replacing him. I still love Messiah's singing on the four albums he did... but now I'd really love to hear some studio recordings of Lowe singing some of them.

Well, it's really disrespectful and I don't think the fans had any reason to do it. Regardless of whatever problems Messiah had, it didn't affect the fans or anyone outside the band. So for them to chant "messiah sucks," which is wrong on every level regardless, is just stupid.

I'm glad they picked up a vocalist who can sing his songs.

Well, it's really disrespectful and I don't think the fans had any reason to do it. Regardless of whatever problems Messiah had, it didn't affect the fans or anyone outside the band. So for them to chant "messiah sucks," which is wrong on every level regardless, is just stupid.

I'm glad they picked up a vocalist who can sing his songs.

yes... plus its ridiculous... nobody touch's Messiah... those albums and the first one are the only reason anyone likes this band anyway!

I saw Dillinger Escape Plan last Friday night for the second time and I can safely say they are the most intense live band I've ever seen.

...it didn't affect the fans or anyone outside the band...

It changed the band, so I'd say that could easily have an effect on the fans. Look at Iron Maiden with Blaze. The difference in this case is that the new guy is great, so no one misses the old the guy.

yes... plus its ridiculous... nobody touch's Messiah... those albums and the first one are the only reason anyone likes this band anyway!

Messiah was not the reason those albums were good.

I should probably pick up their new album and check out how Lowe does on it. I'm not a huge fan of him on the SA albums (I don't know why either, maybe not enough digesting of the music on my part), but maybe I'll dig him with the Candlemass style riffing..

Went to Paganfest in Raleigh; as it was my first concert, I did not know what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised. My leg was not, though, as even after about 36hr it is still sore from the few times it was rammed against the stage as a result of an outbreak of moshers. Either way, I was almost front and centre and was even at the very front, allowing for great pictures and got to shake hands (or high-five or something like that) with someone from Eluveitie, Tyr, and Turisas.

It changed the band, so I'd say that could easily have an effect on the fans. Look at Iron Maiden with Blaze. The difference in this case is that the new guy is great, so no one misses the old the guy.

Messiah was not the reason those albums were good.

he was part of the reason

Been a good year so far for gigs this year on this side of the pond. So far I have seen:

Gigantour UK - Megadeth, Job for a Cowboy, Evile (old mates of mine!)

Exodus, Evile, Gama Bomb

Down (up there with the very best gigs I have been to)

and previously I have seen:

Motorhead (18 times:headbang:)
Iron Maiden (7 times)
Metallica (5 times)
Corrosion of Conformity (twice)
Pantera (3 times)
Sepultura (original once, other twice)
Slayer (8 times)
Black Sabbath (original)
W.A.S.P.
Skid Row
Thunder
The Almighty (5 times)
Terrorvision (5 times)
Pride & Glory
Black Label Society (twice)
Ozzy
Therapy
The Wildhearts (5 times)
Extreme
Biohazard
Aerosmith
Young Heart Attack
Anthrax
Megadeth (3 times)
Diamond Head
System of a Down
Drain STH
Godsmack
Marilyn Manson (for 2 songs before he was bottled offstage - funniest thing I ever saw at a gig lmao)
Ministry
Mercyful Fate
Monster Magnet
Queens of the Stone Age
Evile (8 times)

and this week I saw The Black Keys (not by choice)

Oh yeah, to all those people over the water who think the UK and Europe get better tours than in the States, we won't be getting Judas Priest, Heaven and Hell, Motorhead and Testament, which has to be the coolest tour since Clash of the Titans!