The concerts thread

This post is basically for Dakryn and the small handful of folks who liked the Threatenol video I posted in another thread.

39871_457946137628_153836602628_6690019_1417584_n.jpg

LeMarsaggedon

A death metal show in an Iowan town of about 5000. Wierd, huh?

The Loudpark lineup this year is a terrible joke, though part of me wants to see Korn just because I LOOOOOOOOOVED them SO much in middle school.

http://www.loudpark.com/10/lineup/index.html

Motörhead is cool, and I hate to say because of that other shit thread, but I would love to see ACCEPT.
That September Nigra show sounds pretty good, too, Bitencourt.
I'll be seeing this shit 9/30:

l_37e285312ae648ec973e2b793b4b0e39.jpg

Might see this one, don't know yet:

The+California+Blood+Tour+cattle_tour.jpg

There are some bands I like on Loudpark but generally speaking I HIGHLY prefer concert environments in USA/Europe over Japan.

They scream and mosh but it's an organized kind of chaos. Not single file lines or any bullshit but it is more subdued. At rock festivals people don't litter, things like that. I like it overall and you are less likely to get stabbed/shot at shows here, but it's always weird because the performer/audience interaction is based on nervous mutual non-understanding because most touring bands don't speak Japanese and most Japanese people don't speak English.

Seriously considering going to Texas for this. This is just as good if not better than MDF this year if you ask me. Not a single band on this bill I dislike.

l_b526e0a0404f4e5ba04c8104c4ad873e.png

Saw Apocalyptica last night, was blown away by their performance 2 years ago so I decided to see if they could keep it up this year. Well they did, but it wasn't as fun as the first time. I'm not really a fan of their original music, but their metal covers are flawless! I give them great props for their unique style and I definitely think they deserve to be at the point they are at, whereas most other musicians who attempt to play metal with odd instruments often fail and become nothing more than minor youtube sensations for a week.

Dir En Grey opened for them, and I had never heard of this band before last night, but I must say I was very impressed with their stage performance. Their music was tolerable at best, if anything it was like combining all the nu-metal bands of the 90s plus throwing in some Lamb of God and Unearth (I hope VelociBrad isn't reading this), but despite their lack of good music they put on an extremely hypnotic show with hands-down the best song transitions I've ever seen in a metal concert. They never once stopped playing or took a break to talk to the audience but rather had these very impressive and choreographed between-songs transitions (including a fucking 4 foot tall Japanese dude doing Gregorian Chants lolwat)