The concerts thread

Has anyone or is anyone planning to go to the Cattle Decapitation / Devourment tour? I went a few days ago and Devourment was absolutely crushing. Cattle Decap was alright, not as good as I was expecting, and some other band, Son of Aurelius I think, was pretty damn good.

The tour ended a couple days ago, but anyways, Devourment was indeed crushing, I'm glad I finally got to see them. I've already seen Cattle Decap a few times before, but Travis performed the entire show as a box, which was pretty hilarious:
68762_170476239630139_100000032922250_561580_7753929_n.jpg

I didn't care for any of the other bands, but Devourment was awesomeness.

Devin Townsend Band last night was amazing. Probably the most entertaining show i've been to. Great setlist and venue, not to mention some of the random stuff that came out of his mouth..."The new Banana Nut Cheerios are fucking awesome!" or "heres my wank solo". He even farted into the microphone at one point. Pretty much everything i could have asked for in a show.

I saw Despised Icon, The Red Shore and Thy Art Is Murder the other night. Despised Icon ruled, they had such a massive sound compared to the supports. I really felt like I was standing in the middle of a dead scene though. The place was only a mid size venue and they barely half filled it.

Saw Nile again tonight, they put on an awesome show, albeit not as awesome as in February...Karl and Dallas looked exhausted and for some reason the bassist was fronting the entire band, introducing the majority of the songs and doing Dallas's vocals on nearly every song (wtf right?)

Also saw Psycroptic (best of the night IMO) and Ex-Deo (forgettable but entertaining nonetheless)

Immortal/Absu in NYC on February 19th. Tickets are a ridiculous 52 bucks but either way I am incredibly excited.

Damn thats a lot. Tickets for the Chicago show are only $35, wish I still lived there. At least I've had the chance to see Absu.

Anyways, I ordered my ticket for the Agalloch show in LA. Can't wait!

Over 100, that's fucking crazy. Even when I saw fucking Testament/Motorhead/Heaven And Hell/Judas Priest it was less than that. Where the fuck do they get the balls to charge that much?:p

Waking the Cadaver was kickass. they are deathcore that's brutal with no gay elements (no pig squeals or lame screaming, just very good growls) and their breakdowns were fuckin heavy (and only one per song).

i did not like Macabre.

Immolation was ABSOLUTELY CRUSHING. Ross Dolan's voice was monstrous. the guitars were thick and the riffs fuckin devastating. my favorite of the night.

unfortunately Barney couldnt sing for Napalm Death. so some other guys covered for him (including their guitarists, merch guy, their roadie, Ross [awesome], the WtC guy, and some local dudes). but ND were all about energetic-as-hell riffs that really got the crowd going. still great

Saw Cathedral on Thursday, it was fucking funny, Lee Dorrian is totally crazy.
I was also greatly surprised by The Gates of Slumber, their sound live is much more powerful than on the album.

Went to local "Thrashgiving" last night. It was a really good show, but it had a low turnout, maybe 100 people.

The following bands performed:
Sacrificial Slaughter-ok
Vektor-wow! These guys are brutal. Unfortunately, they packed up and left after they played so I missed the opportunity to purchase their album.
Hexen. They played with a lot of intensity, purchased their album.
Hatchet-I liked these guys, but I bought the album and it has a different vocalist.
Warbringer. Awesome.

Going to see Dimmu Borgir on November 30.