The concerts thread

Dear god that's the worst SS lineup ever, I remember whitechapel was like the first fucking band to play the (2nd?) time....I think the first or the one with necrophagist and suffocation were the best, didn't even see last years....jesus the only decent bands this year are dying fetus and fleshgod apocalypse, also BDM kick ass every time I've seen them, but I think i've caught them like 6 times so that's enough for me

Well I've got tickets to see both Iron Maiden and Judas Priest now. I'm somewhat less excited about Priest now that KK is gone. Still I suspect they'll be great.

Saw Ensiferum & Children of Bodom yesterday. Had fun, then got home and wrote 20 page credit analysis project at the speed of desperation. Barely met the deadline, so all ends well.

Metalfest Hungary is down, got exam on the first day of festival(when the bands that I'm interested in - namely Saxon and Wintersun, are playing), and since there is no way to teleport myself from Bucharest to Budapest, I won't make it. :(

Good thing there's Katatonia and Opeth in Bucharest on the 5th, so it's not bad at all.

Pictures from the Black Twilight Circle show:

IMG_6396 by Srontgorrth, on Flickr

IMG_6425 by Srontgorrth, on Flickr

IMG_6476 by Srontgorrth, on Flickr

IMG_6500 by Srontgorrth, on Flickr

IMG_6508 by Srontgorrth, on Flickr

IMG_6526 by Srontgorrth, on Flickr

IMG_6533 by Srontgorrth, on Flickr

IMG_6580 by Srontgorrth, on Flickr

IMG_6579 by Srontgorrth, on Flickr

IMG_6554 by Srontgorrth, on Flickr

IMG_6576 by Srontgorrth, on Flickr

IMG_6619 by Srontgorrth, on Flickr

IMG_6601 by Srontgorrth, on Flickr

IMG_6604 by Srontgorrth, on Flickr

did cob just release a new album? im sure it sucks, but i want to know how much 1-10, 10 being the most suckage.

Yeah, they released a new album, I only got to listen to it once, though (with the exception of the song 'Not my funeral' which is played in various places I frequent). My impression is that the album is quite weak compared to the first ones.

However, I have to admit I don't enjoy CoB as much as when I was 17... even their old stuff doesn't seem to have the same impact to me as it once did. I still enjoyed the concert, since they played a lot of their older stuff, Laiho still has some great guitar skills and it was fun. :)

I don't know, I'll give it a 5/10, can't say it sucks all that badly, just isn't that good IMO.

I've been to three gigs so far on the German leg of my "world tour."

The week before last I went to Hammer of Doom V in Wurzburg. There was a warm up gig with Skull Fist, Enforcer and Bullet the night before. I missed Skull Fist thanks to following crazy Italians and Maltese who couldn't navigate from the pub to the venue. Enforcer were pretty lame, they seemed way too self-aware and not terribly genuine, pretty boys basically. Bullet were better, pretty stock standard WASP/Accept type hard rockish heavy metal, but fun live.

That night at the pub I met Arkham Witch, some of the guys from Argus and a very drunk Tom Phillips from While Heaven Wept. Also met some of the die-hard Irish and other Aussie drunkards who'd travelled there for the fest.

Arkham Witch opened and were killer, they played some new songs and were super tight.

Black Pyramid were shite, not my cup of tea at all.

Skipped half of In Solitude to drop off records back at the hostel, but they sounded okay.

Skipped Argus to have a beer in the car park with Black Goat and Cheryl from Barbarian Wrath/Witches Brew. BG played the pre-master of Arkham Witch's debut, which was absolutely awesome.

Atlantean Kodex were great, not quite as good the first time I saw them, but it their studio singer's first live gig, which was cool to see. Set list was half demos, half album.

Blood Farmers were phenomenal, total wall of sound. I nearly died when they played Behind The Brown Door.

Primordial were beyond words, definitely band of the fest for me. New song went down really well.

Not a big While Heaven Wept fan so I skipped them to sit down and have a bit of a rest for Pentagram.

Pentagram were great, not utterly stunning, but very good. Pretty obvious set list, but great to have Victor on guitars.

Last night I saw Baphomet's Blood, Ketzer and Witchunter at a pub in Berlin. Great gig, Ketzer were fucking savage. Witchunter were cool. Baphomet's Blood were cool, but all their songs sound the same, great fun live though. It was the last gig of the tour, so at the end all the bands got up on stage and did a cover of Killed By Death by Motorhead.

I'm going to Graspop Metal Meeting, and it's gonna be awesome! Haven't been to a concert since January when I saw Iskald.... And before that I saw Jorn in November 2010. Gawd, I love concerts.

Just got back yesterday from Norway for the Inferno Festival, four days(including club day) of good music, Immortal put on a good show, Aura Noir brought out Aggressor to finish their set but Urgehal was my favorite, they were second to last on saturday and then Meshuggah played at one. It was my first time in Norway and I will definately be saving up to go back.

Geezus christ Rumpole!! sounds like you're having an awesome time,good on you mate,metal incorporated into travel,it surely does'nt get any better than that!

This'd be a great show:
flyerbradford2.jpg

Just bought tickets for Devin Townsend/Obscura/Septic Flesh. (notice how i didn't include Children of Bodom as the headliner cause i will be leaving immediately after HevyDevy's set)