The coolest thing happened to me today..

karelrulez

Oct 5, 2002
Netherlands
www.ozrics.com
When I was shopping here in Holland, at the Schiphol Airport. I was in a CD Store, with no rock/metal section at all. They did have alot of Hiphop etc. In other words, your typical Symphony X-lacking CD Store. I thought. I walked to the back, and they had this (I don't know how to say this in English) sort of table with 6 cd's in it, and then you could listen to them. Guess which cd's it were. All 4 Symphony X Special Editions!! The cd store themselves had put stickers on them: "The Masters of Classical Metal!". Also in there was Neil Morse's "Testimony". The sticker on it said: "Well, at least the MUSIC is good!!" :tickled:

post-6-1060193303.jpg

Snowmaker said:
Karel says: Thank you so much for trying to be funny with an image you just looked up with google.

Maybe you guys don't think it's THAT great, and maybe Symphony X is in your country way more popular than here, but I just wanted to share this because here in Holland a thing like this is just VERY rare. It's not the coolest thing ever but so what, wtf is wrong with it, I'm glad with Symphony X getting some support.

karelrulez said:
Maybe you guys don't think it's THAT great, and maybe Symphony X is in your country way more popular than here, but I just wanted to share this because here in Holland a thing like this is just VERY rare. It's not the coolest thing ever but so what, wtf is wrong with it, I'm glad with Symphony X getting some support.

I wholeheartedly agree with you, and also envy you that you can now purchase SymX in a store! Its about a million times more rare to find them in a store here in the USA, but its always good to hear that they are making an appearance, one step at a time. Don't worry about dumbasses that don't care....some people do care :)

Karelrulez said:
Maybe you guys don't think it's THAT great, and maybe Symphony X is in your country way more popular than here, but I just wanted to share this because here in Holland a thing like this is just VERY rare.
Hey I agree if that happened here I would be bouncing off the walls. It would never happen here. Don't worry if someone doesn't find it that exciting, I do. (And thats all that matters coz I am the best lol just kidding)

The Metal Chick said:
I wholeheartedly agree with you, and also envy you that you can now purchase SymX in a store! Its about a million times more rare to find them in a store here in the USA, but its always good to hear that they are making an appearance, one step at a time. Don't worry about dumbasses that don't care....some people do care :)

I dont know, I bought all my CD's in stores, mostly from Newbury Comics or Best Buy even has some usually. Thank god I've never seen them at WalMart. They dont deserve to sell such great music..I wonder what % of all Symphony X record sales are actually Web based sales (i.e. Amazon.com etc..) I wouldnt be surprised if its over 50%...

pfft, theres a record store 2 towns over that last month had:

SX SE's and Originals, ALL albums except odyssey,
Neal Morse
Tad Morose
Children of Bodom
Ayreon
Blind Guardian
Iced Earth - Including GB
Mag 9 - new one also
Dark Tranqullity
Rhapsody
Evergrey

and close to every Maiden album sealed on Vinyl.

SO HA!!!

btw: Phoenix Records, Waterbury CT =)

RobbM said:
I dont know, I bought all my CD's in stores, mostly from Newbury Comics or Best Buy even has some usually.

Well its all about location I guess. There's an excellent metal store about an hour or so north of me, but they're damn expensive. But for you to find them at Best Buy? o_O damn. Lucky you. I'll stick to online purchases though.

The Metal Chick said:
Well its all about location I guess. There's an excellent metal store about an hour or so north of me, but they're damn expensive. But for you to find them at Best Buy? o_O damn. Lucky you. I'll stick to online purchases though.

I was pritty shocked to. I havent seen em since though...