The coolest thing happened to me today..

Borders near me had
Pain of Salvation-Entropia through Remedy Lane
Ayreon-Into the Electric Castle
Symphony X-All the reissues
Neal Morse-Testimony
Spocks Beard-Most of their catalog
Devin Townsend-most of his stuff
etc

It's really a badass place, glad I found it :X

Yeah, Boarder's does tend to have some great stuff you think you'd never find at a chain book store.

Here's some sad news, Tower is going bankrupt. Man, I found some cool shit there. I'm gonna miss it when it's gone.

JHawk said:
Here's some sad news, Tower is going bankrupt. Man, I found some cool shit there. I'm gonna miss it when it's gone.
Filing for bankruptcy doesn't always mean a business is shutting down..look at KMart, they filed a couple of years ago, & their reorganization seems to have helped, since they're still in business. Some companies use the bankruptcy as a chance to regroup & try different business plans, while others do indeed just close up shop. Don't know if Tower intends to shut down or not, but they'll need to seriously revamp their business operation if they hope to stay afloat; they used to be the place to get cool records (can't begin to count how many kickass import LPs I bought there over the years), but the competition and the market have grown/changed in the last decade, so they need to get with the times or they're doomed. I agree, tho, it would be sad to see them close..they're definitely an icon as far as record stores go.