The coolest thing now in your life?

ahjteam

Anssi Tenhunen
So whats happening that makes you feel good now?

I was just drinking with my fellas and I heard that I might be on the road for quite a while this year with them as their FOH engineer. My university studies might suffer a bit, but who gives a fuck... I am studying music technology and production so that I could do this exact same shit :D

Their yesterdays show was sold out where I was mixing, and the label excecutive was stunned by gig and how much the people liked the band eventho maybe 90% of them had never heard of the band. I heard that that the night they sold 3rd most tickets in that place ever, which I think was quite modest from them :loco: It was a labor day gig or as we call it "vappu", which is THE biggest drinking festivity day in Finland (and the streets are flooded with the amateurs, hate it). In Finland there are two days in the year when everybody except absolutists drinks, even those guys who usually never go to the bar (which are the "amateurs"), and those are the workplace's christmas parties and vappu.

So, there will be a a tour in Finland after the summer, a tour in Switzerland in November, and sometime possibly in Sweden and South-America PLUS possibly addition 2 month long European tour on the road with a big name Finnish powermetal band (that I am not allowed to talk about yet as it is not confirmed, but I can tell you that I heard their new single few days back from youtube, and I think their new album may be their best album in 10 years). So... :headbang:

So, there will be a a tour in Finland after the summer, a tour in Switzerland in November, and sometime possibly in Sweden and South-America PLUS possibly addition 2 month long European tour on the road with a big name Finnish powermetal band (that I am not allowed to talk about yet as it is not confirmed, but I can tell you that I heard their new single few days back from youtube, and I think their new album may be their best album in 10 years). So... :headbang:

Stratovarius? ;)

Their new song is REALLY cool and have the exact same thought/opinion about their new forthcoming cd

Since you can't confirm or deny this I will just say to you:

1. Everything you said sounds awesome and I wish you the best of luck with a big "Kippis!" and congrats if it all pans out the way you're hoping and ...

2. I have NOTHING cool happening in my life to share. Nothing. At all.:(

FML

Last Monday I've joined one of my favourite local bands as a bassist... http://www.myspace.com/aeonsconfer

In the last few years my old band played a few gigs with them, and their current keyboarder is a friend of mine. So when their bassist suddenly left, my friend immediately wrote me a message if I wanted to join. Hell yeah I did!
So far it has been totally great, I've already learned most of the songs, the atmosphere in the band is great, it's lots of fun! Gonna order myself a nice bass amp tomorrow!

:) anyway to answer you : the coolest thing now in my life, just today, are numerous :

- a year ago, I achieved a concourse selectionning 74 people out of 2000+ from good scientific level to become plane pilot. So I'm today freely allowed to learn how to become an Airbus A320 pilot for the major company Air France, which is my oldest dream coming true... I wake up every day with the smile, and every day I learn without feeling it too boring... Sometimes I say to myself in the middle of the day "hey dude... you're gonna be a pilot!" and that just makes me cry.
- next weekend I go out with this girl in Paris (on the right) that is 90% chance gonna be my girlfriend (we more or less already talk about it this way together hehe). I just have to assure to get to 100% on saturday next week ! We already plan some things, restaurant etc :D
- I have the best friends ever, and they are numerous. Quality + quantity !

plus right now I'm listening to from the BO of a movie (The Uninvited) that I just dig a lot. Then I'll start the Miserere of Allegri to stay in the same mood, and then why not drinking a beer listening to some Devin Townsend tunes, while reading some stuff about you bitc*es sounding better than me at producing, what I wanna do as a sort of second little job later :)

Sometimes life is crap (i had some periods like everyone), but in the end, with tenacity, it becomes wonderful :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This week has been great for me.
I was asked by the head of the Musicology department at my University if I would consider taking up a teaching assistant position. The department talked it over and nominated me to the Graduate Dean so if all goes well I will get paid, won't have to pay for my classes next semester AND I might get some good teaching experience.
I also just picked up a PS3 along with the Sarah Conner Chronicles first season on blue ray.
Plus I just tracked some guitars for my bands new promo and I'm stoked! :D

well right now im in revision hell, but in 2 weeks i would have done all my exams and finished my degree

cant wait to get a job (right now dont care what), and get out of debt and buy some gear

moving home in a month, which means gonna start playing with a band again and gigs hopefully too, going back to russia soon as well

I am quitting my job in engineering. i'll work until the 30th of june.
on the 18th may I'll pass an entrance an exam to enter the ArtEZ Conservatorium in Enschede, Holland.
changing city, changing life. i've been stuck in here for such a long time.

+Lasse mixed our new promo songs and it's sounding sweeeet imo.

I gained 5 lbs

Almost done with school for this semester- Pretty cool.

Summer is around the corner, so I will be slightly less depressed.

THE BRUINS ARE KICKIN ASS!!!

Other than that I hate everything.

Last year I did FOH for the opening band for Testament and Megadeth, 40.000 people. Huge place and huge day for me.

matula.jpg

My 8 week old daughter dwarfs all of the other awesome things in my life right now!

LeSedna - I like the girl on the left.

Graduating with Bachelors in two weeks. Which kinda sucks cause I have no freaking clue what I want to/can do.

Pretty much everything sucks at the moment.

- recording vocals for our promo, going awesome.
- writing some new song i'm loving
- mixing/mastering for the first time an album that's gonna be released all over the world by some label in september.
- finishing this university year in May :D (still three years remaining...)

I don't know, I'm not dating any french brunette that looks like a younger Angelina Jolie (¬¬) in Paris, to be honest :lol: