The coolest thing now in your life?

1) it's a new day and I realized
(like every moment when I think about it-damn that sounds cheesy)
that I have an awesome girlfriend!
2) I am able to move my left arm almost normal and
I'm able to restart my workout, had to wait since july because I had a broken elbow.
3) I am really happy with my study.
4) I drank 15 shots of Jägermeister last night-got home at 5 o'clock this morning,
got up at 8 and I am fucking happy without a hangover.
5) I feel great because my whole situation is very cool at the moment.

Oh yeah, forgot to say earlier: good to hear and congrats to all making the most of life and taking on the brighter side rather than focusing on the crap. It really does make a big difference IMO.

THE BRUINS ARE KICKIN ASS!!!

FUCK YEAH! My daughter was complaining about me watching the game last night and I just said "The last time the B's were in the second round, you weren't even born. Relax" :)

I'm jazzed because I'm in the middle of recording my first outside project, I'm demoing stuff for my next album, I'll be seeing people I haven't seen in over a year later this month, and 2 bands asked me to help round out their lineups at a big show at the end of May.

Plus, I'm gainfully employed right now, which means a LOT in my industry (IT/ISP). With a wife and 2 kids to help support, that probably makes me happiest of all.

There's an itchy spot on my left testicle, I reached down and relieved the irritancy.

I do this everynight when Im sleeping, on both testicles. I've even done it while sleeping with my girlfriend, she just laughs her ass off when she catches me doing it hahaha

I have been married for 5 months now. It still rules, lots of fucking etc... :lol:

I'm well aware of the fact that this will get old, enjoying it for now.

Congratulations! the lots of fuckin is the part I'm looking forward to, getting tired of the "fucking only when our parents are out of town" routine. And dude, when it starts getting old (the whole eternal sex and complete nudeness around the house) is when married couples have a baby, do that in about a year or two! you could still fuck when the kid has a sleepover or something, and having a kid is fuckin awesome too (I don't have yet, first I wanna get married and do the whole lots of fuckin part for some time, but I have a friend my age -22- that has a kid and his happiness is unmatched even though it was obviously an accident)

On another note, I am currently recording a two song-demo for a death metal band that are friends of mine, and I'm puting high hopes and effort in this project for I want to make a name as a local producer (I need to buy more gear too, I am using a lot of borrowed stuff right now)

My new pickups. I decided to sod the EMG 81/85 set and go for something handwound, so I've got a set of Bareknuckle Nailbombs for the same price I would have paid for EMG's.

Soldering, however, was a bitch and I'd be quite happy if that was both the first and last time I had to do it.

Anyway, I now have TOOOOOOOONE.

Öwen;8241344 said:
My new pickups. I decided to sod the EMG 81/85 set and go for something handwound, so I've got a set of Bareknuckle Nailbombs for the same price I would have paid for EMG's.

Soldering, however, was a bitch and I'd be quite happy if that was both the first and last time I had to do it.

Are u implying that Bareknuckles > EMGs on any given day of the week? :heh:

Nah, just that Bare Knuckles appealed to me more at the end of the day. :p

I'm not wanting to get into some brand loyalty debate anyway, different strokes for different folks :)

I'm in the indie movie making business now, which is where I've wanted to be for a LONG TIME. When things were slow for me in the video department that's when I started focusing on audio, hence my presence here. Learned a crapload of good stuff, which is helpful because I'm gonna vouch for my company to do sound for our next movie in house; as opposed to out sourcing it like we've done before.

Granted, I'm stuck with a crappy editing job on a documentary style I've never done before, but hey, we're planning a new shoot in the fall. :D That's always fun.

And beer. Beer is good. Beer is great. I love beer.

- Will officially have been married one-year tomorrow
- Band is about to record an album - just finished pre-production
- Wife is one semester away from graduating from college

-Been selling old gear and buying new gear, which is always fun! Still need some new guitar stuff and new monitors, then I'll be settled for a while (yeah right :lol:).
-We're finally getting something done with one of my bands, we have a name now and are going to record our first demo in two weeks.
-Other members of the metal band I'm in are finally getting out of the army etc. so we can start playing together again.
-Civilian service almost done, 63 days left and I haven't used any of the vacations, so I should be free in a bit over a month.

Öwen;8241344 said:

Öwen;8241360 said:
I'm not wanting to get into some brand loyalty debate

don't care about brand loyalty, and don't care to debate personal taste.... but GOD i hate when people think that because EMG's are active that they somehow '"have no tone"..... meanwhile 90% of the metal albums they love and rave about the tone of.... are recorded with EMGs.

tone comes from the guitar, from the player's hands, and to lesser degree the amp and pick up. EMG's simply have more clarity... allowing MORE of the guitar's characteristics to shine through (well, maybe not "shine" if the guitar sucks)... i have EMGs in 7 guitars and not ONE of them sounds the same. and i get mail every day for years praising my tone.

you are free to use whatever p-ups you want, and hey, you are free to say whatever you want about EMGs too... i'm not the EMG Police.... but if you really think that the EMGs "had no tone", you're fooling yourself in the n00biest kind of way;)

best thing in my life right now.... well it's not this infected tooth, i can tell you that. but hey, i'm in CA right now, tracking Deron Miller of CKY for his heavy project, World Under Blood, that's coming on Nuclear Blast... and the following week i'll be having lunch every day with a different A&R from the various labels out here, lining up the rest of my work year. oh yeah, and i'm dating a hottie... she's a cop :p.

The Hydrocodone the doc prescribed me for the pain from the tooth infection is pretty nice as well ;)