The coolest thing now in your life?

I think he meant "now I have TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE" ([sic] :D) compared to his old pickups

Thanks, thats exactly what I meant :)

My old pickups were flat and lifeless, low output, no crunch. I would have thought the fact that I had said I was originally going to get EMG's would have indicated that I do like them as pickups - absolutely nothing against them.

Just that I was going to order from Thomann that stock them cheaper (£60-something) than most UK sites (that sport them at like £88 a piece usually) but couldnt due to payment difficulties. So I decided if I was going to pay a lot for a pickup I might as well pay the same amount for a Bare Knuckle one - better customer support in the UK and at the end of the day I just thought it would be worth using something a little different from the norm.

So no offence intended James I do like EMG's. :cool:

..........my son´s 2 month´s birthday :)
other than that everything else is pretty much the same shit...still unemployed yadayadayada...

things seem to be pickin up for myself as well!

its been a year after i moved out and away from my house to socal and also broken up from my old band.

i am in my sophomore year of jr college just getting my gen together, i have a crappy job making minimum wage getting 20+ hours a week(better than no job right?)

my new band is doing really well, the song writing is going great! and we may have now just found a bass player!
so hopefully we will play some gigs within the summer time!

and my car is still somehow getting me around! lol

Been making a lot of progress on my new CD...

Been working with a full band to work on a whole new original project, should be awesome... Think Behemoth + Blind Guardian, but totally new and original.

Finals are almost done!

Been making a lot of progress on my new CD...

Been working with a full band to work on a whole new original project, should be awesome... Think Behemoth + Blind Guardian, but totally new and original.

Finals are almost done!

Behemoth + blind guardian = the most awesome band EVER.:headbang:

Can wait to hear it >.<

Now serious..My girlfriend really makes me happy and I´m looking forward to a nice holiday in New York (first time in U.S). Music don´t makes me that happy like it "should" at the moment. It´s all too much! So I do some non music stuff like playing Nintendo 64 and Dreamcast and enjoy the nostalgic feelings linked with it :)

I just got my black Ibanez jem that was built in around 89 or 90 back from the shop with a new EMG 81 pickup in it. It is my first active style pickup and I love it.

Jem w/ EMG 81-->tube screamer--->5150--->eq-->delay pedal---->noise gate--->4x12 cab= totally raging boner tone

Donkeys, if you can fit a second battery in your control cavity, try out the 18v mod with the 81 - I absolutely love it, it gets rid of the sterile, compressed sound of the pickup, extending the frequency response a bit in both directions, and still maintains the awesome clarity that I love so much about the pickup! Clips and info about the mod here!

Now serious..My girlfriend really makes me happy and I´m looking forward to a nice holiday in New York (first time in U.S). Music don´t makes me that happy like it "should" at the moment. It´s all too much! So I do some non music stuff like playing Nintendo 64 and Dreamcast and enjoy the nostalgic feelings linked with it :)

Hell yeah man, looking forward to your visit! And yeah, sometimes it's good to take a bit of a break from music just so you don't burn yourself out on it; don't let it go too long though! ;)

i just got my first paid recording gig for a metal band (been recording mostly punk bands).

not only that, but this is the first band i've recorded that's actually signed to an independent record label! and the album will be released on vinyl.

Hell yeah man, looking forward to your visit! And yeah, sometimes it's good to take a bit of a break from music just so you don't burn yourself out on it; don't let it go too long though! ;)

Flight is booked :D This will be fun and awesome for me! In the first few days we´ll join a travel group or something, so that we don´t get lost in the city jungle. But we wanna keep some days for absolute freedom and drink some cold beer with you, mates :kickass:

I just made out with a super hot chick.
Nice break from paper writing.

/me is jealous.

I just got to raid an office building where the past tenants left 40+ computers, a binder of OS X/XP install discs, a ton of UPS's, some nice leather office chairs, assloads of keyboards/mice, big poster frames, etc...

Made out pretty well, and this new chair is really fucking comfy.