The Creativity Thread

Dark_Jester

Unrepentant sentient
Jan 26, 2002
Lookout mountain
Visit site
Time for something different. Use this thread to post anything that you feel particularly proud of. Artwork, poetry, short stories, lyrics, sound bytes, any creative achievements you have. Use it to promote yourself, and to show the world what you can do :D

I have no creativity tonite :(
Which is sad cos I have to make a character for Elysium Nights
MUD (search for it on Mudconnector).
It's a MUD based on the Dark Ages setting of Vampire :D

I write songs, but I only have one in English. Will try and post it.

Something creative... hmm... The only thing creative that I've done - and am proud of - ever is a painting I did when I was three years old. :err: It's on the wall over my bed actually. But when we get a new camera I'll put it here.

well time to pull out some old photos, since i haven't shot anything recently:

borders.jpg

blankenberg.jpg

well.jpg

i also try writing lyrics now and again, but they're too personal and too shitty to post here, i guess. as for my drumming stuff, i never recorded anything decently, but i hope to change that this year.

The first one is AWESOME!
Wow, I wanna go there, damn, well maybe during this summer I take
some pics of the mountains next to me.

erm the first is from a motorbike trip, where we intended to visit the czech republic but were caught in this fucked up flood and had to relocate spontaneously, which we did to italy. the picture was taken on the austrian/german border i guess, on your way back home.
2nd is just some old town named "stadt blankenberg". i sometimes drove by on my way to our rehearsal room.
the last one is the well of the house i was raised in.

VC: very good pics, but I adore the last one. It´s a killer! :) And actually what is the one on the right side of your signature?
The first pic you posted I thought was switzerland or maybe also somewhere in asia, until I read further

I have to think if I could post some other stuff. My interviews are something creative of me, because I made all interviewees confess new things never written anywhere before :p But probably most of you have either read them or still no interest in the artists ;)

I have photos, too, but since once they were taken without credits I don´t feel like publishing them at the moment. And you don´t want to read my texts... :)

Good idea of the thread, D_J

@fire: i know. :D it's a tower (oddly enough, with a restaurant in it) located in alexanderplatz, berlin. i know because i spent hours trying to convince rahvin to climb, and still he wouldn't.

@rahvin: most definitely.

ok, i can't find the lyrics to 'loathe' anymore. but you can have a midi of the vocal track (i know, it sucks, but we never got around to arrange it properly) at http://www.geopoliticadelpetrolio.com/loathe.mid

The first part is supposed to be something played on the bass, then when the pseudo fiddle comes in... well, that's the vocals.

I can only remember that the chorus went you will loathe the ones you now love, and the repeated bit near the end is supposed to say we will not tire, we will not falter, we will not fail.

well, here comes my crappy attempt at writing lyrics for a song. if anyone of you smart people has any idea about what i was trying to say, please enlighten me because i have none. :p
and yes, i know it's really awful.

the shriek mirrors

the doors that won't be opened
each tiger in its cage
i wonder if you feed them
still fragments of my rage

last night we went upstairs
maze perfectly intact
but waking up i smashed
its fiction's minor facts

reflections in your memories
should duplicate the feeling

you're the only one who doesn't know i'm talking about you
a killing ground of space, your killing ground of time

ch: leave
splintered glass behind
tainted glass define
my empty glass is like
amnesia

zero winters cracking ice
identities will sink
send out a stronger drill and
pretend it's milk i drink

the halls are now revolting
for severing the ties
a habit you got into
by watching fireflies

reflections in your memories
should duplicate the feeling

ch: leave
splintered glass behind
tainted glass define
my empty glass is like
amnesia

ch2: freeze
splintered glass deny
tainted glass aside
my empty glass implies
dementia

mirrors revolving
mirrors revolting

@rahvin: as i told you, it's NOT awful. but i'm not going to tell you what the lyrics are about. :p

well... the good thing with lyrics is that when it's not stupid (yours are not) the way you sing it makes everything different!... what the fuck they are long!!

Lyrics for Härskar has lines of independant ideas, it's annoying to read them because each line starts a new subject.

Härskar - Subvert to Array:
Scions wore the insigna of relenting
Hidden seed that divulged cloaks
Face to aeons; renamed the charcoal prints
Given in to the noxious greenness
Given in the downrisen rectitude

Years of guilt erased after shift
Years of probing forgotten thru ink
Stills of doubts reviving repudiation
Stills of craving for old desires

Another day when my tongue is numb
Another week refurbishing engines
Stills of bliss are drowned by illusion
Stills of disdain, a passive despot

How to define a chaos for quiescent 'I'?
How the answer lost inquiring?
Am I weak against scrolls being athirst
For my forfeit is left to conceive

Lecture me, craved one - you belong to the past
Is the end of all kinds behind curtains
Am I to be paired off to the faultless rule
To the untainted criterion

Can't we mute the hindering
from the 'heedful' unallowed
Grow quiet so none can discern
...so none will realize

Days of shift erased after silence
Years of probing inherited from ink
Stills of doubts reviving repudiation
Stills of craving for the old desires

...How to define a chaos
to quiescence...

Hidden seed that divulged cloaks
I renamed the charcoal prints
Given in to the noxious greenness

Given in the downrisen rectitude

Almost as confusing as DT lyrics hahaha

Oh, and for the curious ones, this song is on download at harskar.com; you can also read the guitar tabs for a video of my hands playing the last minute of that song there: http://harskar.com/images/subtabs.htm

Almost fan's candy material... Oh my god I'm a rockstar!! :headbang:

Vulture Culture: the negative coloured pic you have... is the steel hardware also in negative?! It seems like there are.... well... good job!

English Dude: I heard your accoustic shit, I HEAR THERE'S A SONG THAT IS GOING TO START FROM THAT!!! Dude! Write the whole thing,you can't just keep it to that!