The current metal scene

Pretty much what V5 and a few others have said. There have definitely been some quality releases and quality bands that have come out easily within the past 10 years. If you look beyond the metalcore and whatever American metal scene, there are a handful of bands that are pushing the envelope and helping to evolve metal in a positive way. it's great.

Well I had to change it to something once the last Agalloch came out. The date is when I changed it. I was originally going to say Spiral Architect, but a new Primoridal cd will come out more than likely before a new Spiral Architect cd.

You should specify that that's the date you altered it. :p

Anyway yeah, I don't see metal really going anywhere. CURRENTLY good bands will continue on their streak of quality. Even usually crappy modern metal labels have done well recently (fucking NUCLEAR GODDAMN BLAST for Sinister and shit AND CENTURY GODDAMN FUCKING MEDIA for the new Maroon, etc.)

Also, let it be KNOWN that the only people who complain about metal being dead are those too lazy to dig for the good stuff coming out of the woodwork in literally every country in the world.

The Bringer said:
If you don't count the American Metal scene (metalcore and the "new wave of american metal") then its going very strong and there is nothing to worry about. I agree that there hasn't been any real classic material released in a few years but a lot of it is very nice anyways.

Fuck oath :kickass:

cookiecutter said:
I meant popular in the real world. This forum happens to have far better taste than most "metalheads" in the world.

Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath are incredibly popular in ''the real world".

I don't think that the greater genre of metal has been any better since about 1988-1993.

So you think it's about the same??? I don't think so...
I think that bands have been changing into a more modern sound lately. Although what they release is still drop dead awesome, the replay value won't be as high as those old metal albums from the 80s/90s.

i know im gonna get shit about this...but what i dont like about metal now is the overprocessed, overtriggered drums

I sorta think the same thing at times, but despite what it sounds like I still love the metal sound in the year 2006.