The CURRENTLY LISTENING TO thread

Here's mine:

sw_the_great_escape_cover.jpg

Viper was a heavy metal band that was formed in 1985 in Brazil. Their vocalist joined the band when he was 15 if I'm not wrong. They recorded amazing albums (Soldiers of Sunrise and Theater of Fate). Their singer went on to become of the greatest singers of all time in heavy metal, by forming a band named ANGRA. His name is Andre Matos.

Oh, cool. Very nice!

Over Thanksgiving weekend, I filled my mp3 player with Christmas music.

Have "tidings of comfort and joy" ever been offered so ironically?

Also love Silent Night from this album, even tho this vocal style is normally a complete turn-off for me.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBLzHGVL9lg&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing spreads holiday cheer like the almighty Disillusion! Now playing Disillusion - "Alone I Stand In Fires"

Last edited by a moderator:
Astral Doors is a damn good band ... only problem is that they have made basically the same album four or five time in a row. For me it kind of lost it's steam after the first two or three. I'm currenly having a similar problem with Sabaton.

Britt

Today's work selection included:

Metalium - Hero Nation
Metalium - As One
Metalium - Demons Of Insanity
Metalium - Metalian Attack Part Two
Metalium - Nothing To Undo

Flotsam & Jetsam - The Cold !! Damn good disc I might add. The title track is one of my favorite's of the year, and Better Off Dead is a flat out powerful track. The entire disc is strong .. great singing as well. I think this will make my top 10 this year.

Britt

I was very shocked by this. I have their very first disc with Newstead which I still love, but I heard a while ago that they really weren't that great after that. I randomly decided to listen to some samples of this and was really impressed. It almost sounds like power thrash to me. After this album, I may now go back and take a listen to some of their other discs.

The last couple of weeks, I've mostly just been listening to the discography of Blind Guardian but I have mixed it up with Voyager's Element V and the new Star One, as well as the new Helloween. Right now though, I'm getting psyched about the Halford show next week, so I'm currently listening to Resurrection.

I was very shocked by this. I have their very first disc with Newstead which I still love, but I heard a while ago that they really weren't that great after that. I randomly decided to listen to some samples of this and was really impressed. It almost sounds like power thrash to me. After this album, I may now go back and take a listen to some of their other discs.

Cuatro and Drift are my favorites from Flots.

Voyager, I am the Revolution. Wow, what an awesome cd. It's really grown on me. Had to go back an purchase their previous ones.