the "what are you currently listening to" thread

These kids are dope. Guitarist 16, Bass, 16, Drums 19. Their old name was Hal-Ca (alias of the guitarist). But now they're called Asterism.

This one is from 3 years ago.

Short bonus vid

Last edited:
Reactions: rssllue
This kid is amazing. Going to be a phenomenal drummer when she's older. She already kinda is now, but. You know what I mean. The joy she has when playing is awesome.

Also crazy how she hits those triplets with one foot.

She played the mess outa this song. And that ending.

Reactions: rssllue
Recently discovered this dudes stuff. And I really like it, so I bought it. It's Instrumentals with the occasional chants and chior and whatnot. Only by reading the comments, the remastered version brought the other instruments more towards the front so they weren't buried by the guitars and stuff.

Reactions: Aish!
Been trying to get on the forum for months. Still having problems getting here from the main page. Clicking the forum link would just not work. Only brought up a black screen, even on my desktop computer. Even clicking 'read more' on the articles would do the same thing. The only thing that worked on the main page for me was the youtube videos.. I only got here by typing 'theocracymusic forums' on Google.

With that said. August Burns Red released a single for their new album coming out on March 24th. It always takes me a few listens of their songs to realize what's going on, lol. I went from "It's alright" to "This is one of my favorites by them".

I won't go too deep (save it for a video or something) because I can get a little weird with how music hits me and how I interpret it for myself when listening. Some things I really like is how the beginning of the drums is all over the place and slowly starts to get in the groove with everyone else until 0:39 where they're all finally together, then it leads into that nasty breakdown at 0:49 then into that beautiful melody intro for the chorus.

I also like how the drums, lead guitar and tempo(?) from the first chorus is different from the second one. For me, it just feels like after all that was played and said, that second chorus was like an acceptance, so it wasn't as ferociously paced. But, right at the end, it let out that little burst of speed because it was holding back in that chorus.

Ever since my pops died last year, and with my mom getting older, it's always a little hard to see videos of people on hospital beds. Even though I barely knew him, it was still devastating for me. I was just getting to spend more time with him and share things musically with him. He's was a bass player and probably the only person who I could share my passion of music with. But I never fully did.. It's cliché but, we never know when it's going to be our last day. So, try to treat your loved ones with love, respect and thoughtfulness. Or if you have to separate yourselves, do it gracefully. I have a hard time with that, because it can be hard to do everyday and/or in every situation, but. Once they're gone, you have no more opportunities to do so. And that can be a heavy thing to carry.

Last edited: