The currently listening to thread

Mr. Lapin Kulta

Evil invader
Jul 20, 2004
Northernmost Sweden
www.moonsorrow.com
What would a discussion forum be without a "listening to" thread!? :Smug:

To keep this thread from completely overflowing though, I figured we could have a "currently listening to" thread instead, where we list what has been spinning in our cd-players/on our turntables lately. In most cases threads like this quickly grow into thousands of posts. To prevent this from happening people could perhaps present what they've listened to most in the last week or month or so.

Currently most played in the Lejon household.

Decapitated - Organic Hallusinosis
Watchtower - Control & Resistance
Atheist - Piece of Time
Death - Spiritual Healing
Darkthrone - The Cult is Alive

Turisas-Battle Metal
Korpiklaani-Voice of the Wilderness
Ensiferum-s/t
Blind Guardian-A Night At the Opera
Children of Bodom-Hatecrew Deathroll

Lately I've been listening to:
Evilion - Vanity
While Heaven Wept - Of Empires Forlorn
Blind Guardian - Fly
Labÿrinth - Return to Heaven Denied
Metsatöll - Terast mis hangund me hinge 10218
Evergrey - The Inner Circle
Eluveitie - Vên
HammerFall - Legacy of Kings
Dream Theater - Train of Thought
Rotten Sound - Exit

And some random songs from Månegarm and Rytmihäiriö.

i enjoy it...it is definetely an album that takes time to enjoy and also a cd that you would only want to listen to maybe like a couple times a month so it doesnt get played out.

i would give it probably a 7.5/10

Lately I have been listening to :

Kalmah- The Black Waltz
Elvenking-Heathenreel
Finntroll- Natfödd
Alot of Flogging Molly
Alot of Moonsorrow

Speaking of Moonsorrow, I just found my missing bunch of MS demos yesterday. My daughter had hid them in one of her toy-drawers, inside a princess gown :lol: They've been gone n' missing since last summer :)

So today I've finally be able to listen to the Verisäkeet and Kivenkantaja demo sessions again! Wohoo! The albums are masterpieces of course but these demos are equally great listens!

Don`t suppose you`d want to sell them to a big Moonsorrow fan?:)
Seriously though. do the demos sound much different to the finished CDs? Like lyric changes and things like that?

DaylightMisery said:
Don`t suppose you`d want to sell them to a big Moonsorrow fan?:)
Seriously though. do the demos sound much different to the finished CDs? Like lyric changes and things like that?

Well, no I don't wanna sell them as I'm the biggest Moonsorrow fan in the world myself :)

The demos were all recorded by Henri alone, meaning there are no vocals - apart from a few places where Henri does some death grunting. I really like the rawness of the production and the general feel of the demos. Arrangementwise etc they don't differ much from the final albums though.

the new Summoning... a lot!
in case you didn't heard it great album, again...
"Drums, drums in the deep... they are coming!"

Mr. Lapin Kulta said:
Well, no I don't wanna sell them as I'm the biggest Moonsorrow fan in the world myself :)

The demos were all recorded by Henri alone, meaning there are no vocals - apart from a few places where Henri does some death grunting. I really like the rawness of the production and the general feel of the demos. Arrangementwise etc they don't differ much from the final albums though.

id like to get my grubby hands on THOSE :heh:

NP: Jotunheim - Moonsorrow

DragonKeeper said:
Heol Telwen -Son Ar Everezh (An Deiz Ruz album)

Heol Telwen is Great ! This album too...fuck !

I've been listening to:
Finntroll - Visor Om Slutet
Shaman - Idja
Otyg - Älvefärd
Lumsk - Troll
Moonsorrow - Voimasta Ja Kunniasta
Moonsorrow - Kivenkantaja
Vintersorg - Ödemarkens Son
Ensiferum - Iron
Bathory - Blood on Ice