The CURRENTLY LISTENING TO thread

2462wap.jpg

You should check them out for sure. But beware... Quo is one of those bands that has released both incredibly good albums and also some real duds...
If the LP you bought is "Live" from 1973, you are in for a treat...

Other recommended albums are:

Piledriver
Quo
Hello
On the Level
Blue for You

These are all heavy, bluesy 70's hard rock.

Then they had a period between 77-81 where they were a bit thinner sounding but still good (i.e. Rockin' all over the World, Just Supposin' etc).
Beware of buying stuff released after -81. There are some excellent albums but also some really scary stuff...

I know it's considered somewhat of a turd by real Quo fans, but I still love "In The Army Now" - one of the first vinyls I ever bought with my paper route money :)

c.

You should check them out for sure. But beware... Quo is one of those bands that has released both incredibly good albums and also some real duds...
If the LP you bought is "Live" from 1973, you are in for a treat...

Other recommended albums are:

Piledriver
Quo
Hello
On the Level
Blue for You

These are all heavy, bluesy 70's hard rock.

Then they had a period between 77-81 where they were a bit thinner sounding but still good (i.e. Rockin' all over the World, Just Supposin' etc).
Beware of buying stuff released after -81. There are some excellent albums but also some really scary stuff...

The album I got is called Status Quo Live and it's from 1976 so hopefully it's good. Thanks for rec's. I'll keep an eye for those albums.

Currently listening to (just got it off of eMusic)...

Admittedly, I was somewhat skeptical, but this is actually pretty darn good. Reminds me of older-school Stratovarius. Is it another Visions? Hardly, but I have to admit it came pretty damn close. If they can keep this up, I will be looking forward to hearing what they come up with next.

Symfonia - In Paradisum:

600x600.jpg

My hodge-podge mix for today:

Thin Lizzy - The Definitive Collection
Loudness - Lightning Strikes
Gotthard - G
Cheap Trick - In Color
Edguy - Mandrake
KISS - Crazy Nights

Today's mish-mash:

Angra - Temple of Shadows
Lillian Axe - Out of the Darkness - Into the Light (1987-1989)
Stryper - To Hell With The Devil
Cheap Trick - Woke Up With A Monster
The Poodles - Performocracy
Y&T - Down For The Count

cover_18813722009.jpg

Jealous of you bastards who got to see them live :|

Rest of the day has thus far has been:

Weezer - Blue Album

Regina Specktor - Far (The harmonies / melodies / (certain) licks are just awesome on this one)

3195545247-1.jpg

1287422584_front.jpg

^ Finally arrived today after a month.. and the case was slightly broken. The joys of international shipping. However, still awesome.