The CURRENTLY LISTENING TO thread

Today only two albums over and over...

BritonRitesForMircalla.jpg

51Z0CaN32NL._SS500_.jpg

When you fly cross country, you have a lot of time on your hands to listen to new stuff. :)

61iJdueLKJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I think this is Tyr's best album yet!

51C0bfwZOxL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I'm not the best fan of Amorphis, but real fans of their music would LOVE it.

6127C3HhLaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

A bit edgier and crunchier than their first album... a real treat!

51RGFa849EL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Pretty much what you'd expect from them. Nothing Earth shattering, but still cheesy good!

and of course

61kqvNCXtAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

My personal best of 2011 to date.

I also checked out some of that No Gravity that Steve posted earlier in this thread. Really need to check out the whole album! Good stuff!

I guss it's about time I get involed in this - so hear it goes:
ARCH ENEEMY -KHAOS OF LEGIONS
SYMPHONY - ICONOLAST
HAMERFALL - INFECTED
NO GRAVITY - WORLDS IN COLLISION
EDEN'S CURSE - TRINITY
LEAVES EYES - MEREDEAD
PAGAN'S MIND - HEAVENLY ECSTASY
AMORPHIS - BEGINNINGS TIME
FALCONER - ARMOD
Plus several that I bought but have not got to yet. yea, I buy alot of cd's.

Hell-Human-Remains-300x300.jpg

It's a very solid release and I like it, but I can't say I'm blown away by the album like a lot of you have been. Maybe my expectations might have been a little too high though, considering all the word of mouth, so it's certainly possible it will grow on me.

It's good stuff. I actually just got a hold of Trilogy this week but haven't been able to watch it yet. Based on the clips I've seen, it looks mindblowing.

Been meaning to check out Cocteau Twins for a while. Is that a good one to start with?

It's good stuff. I actually just got a hold of Trilogy this week but haven't been able to watch it yet. Based on the clips I've seen, it looks mindblowing.

Been meaning to check out Cocteau Twins for a while. Is that a good one to start with?

Trilogy is fine but nothing tops 'In Orange'. But really there came a point where all live stuff of The Cure was the same.
My first Cocteau Twins was 'Treasure' and the ladies seem to like 'em too. Really there is no good or bad area to start with them just get in at any point.
The Swans are a name I never thought I would see mentioned here.

Trilogy is fine but nothing tops 'In Orange'. But really there came a point where all live stuff of The Cure was the same.
My first Cocteau Twins was 'Treasure' and the ladies seem to like 'em too. Really there is no good or bad area to start with them just get in at any point.
The Swans are a name I never thought I would see mentioned here.

Hmm, I'll definitely check out In Orange eventually.

Swans had me extremely stoked once they started doing shows again, but once the dates were released, said 'stokedness' was gone. They just HAVE to play Atlanta the same night as a certain metal festival...

Today's lineup:

Brother Firetribe - Heart Full Of Fire
Rush - Presto
Winger - In The Heart Of The Young
The Who - Essential Collection
Nightwish - Century Child
Cheap Trick - Busted