The CURRENTLY LISTENING TO thread

51Fq0maoofL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

61K4byFEGZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It's a bit heavier than normal (my tastes have changed), but these guys are amazing. I hadn't heard of them before, and when I got the album on promo from Century Media, I was in for a more-than-pleasant surprise.

Borknagar is coming out with a new album, and it's an extremely mature album, IMO. Avant-garde, heavy metal. 3 singers, elements from a wide array of music.

The album, "Urd," is coming out soon. I did an interview with Oystein, the lead composer of the band, because I fell in love with the album so much. Every single song is 100% different.

Their promo track, "Roots," is a bit heavier, but if you're willing, listen through until the end. It's worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a bit heavier than normal (my tastes have changed), but these guys are amazing. I hadn't heard of them before, and when I got the album on promo from Century Media, I was in for a more-than-pleasant surprise.

Borknagar is coming out with a new album, and it's an extremely mature album, IMO. Avant-garde, heavy metal. 3 singers, elements from a wide array of music.

The album, "Urd," is coming out soon. I did an interview with Oystein, the lead composer of the band, because I fell in love with the album so much. Every single song is 100% different.

Their promo track, "Roots," is a bit heavier, but if you're willing, listen through until the end. It's worth it.

Very cool. I pre-ordered this and am very much looking forward to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's about as much celebration as St. Patrick's Day will ever get from me:

220px-To_the_Nameless_Dead.jpg

Seems fitting that I happen to finally "get" this this weekend... :lol: